Thread: Order

ajunk Guest

Default Order

Just popping by. Was wondering if in addition to "weighted" and "random" if we could have "ordered"? Basically, when you join a server you are added to the bottom of a list. When you get to the top you get to be hidden. If you wanted TKing could result in moving down one spot in hidden selection. Also AFKs don't move up or down.

Is it just me or does the random hidden thing have a really crappy variable system. I seem to have figured it out and can get hidden alot on random servers.

Anyways I think people wouldn't be as frustrated when sometimes they never get hidden and everyone else gets it alot.

P.S. I tried the search engine and failed to find much, so sorry if this has already been suggested.

Random is actually a pretty fair setting. It's random, but it's a weighted random so that the hidden distribution is more or less equal.

how exactly have you managed to get hidden a lot on random servers?

i've played on them quite a lot and the way it sorts the players seems fairly even.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

ajunk Guest

Well there's quite a few. I'm not gonna tell any unless asked seriously, but ya. Just as an example a friend of mine got hidden not once for 5 maps in a row. The next day he got it every 4 rounds for quite some time.

I dunno. It just seems kinda lame to be in the dark about when you're going to be hidden, and that can get frustrating after a while.

Anyway if any of you have ever played Zombie Master (hl2 mod) they use a brilliant selection system. (The 1 vs everyone team scheme is the same.)

A Knife in the Dark Guest

I actually like this idea, (of course I'm a fan of weighted myself, but still) since I really don't like random much at all. I'm pretty sure Zombie Panic! used this method back in the day...

last i recall ZM's method adds a point for every round you're not the master. then picks completely randomly from the people with the most points. after once around the track though it's locked into a sequence since everyone will have a different number of points.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key

It is a nice system, I'll admit.

TheChrist Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    last i recall ZM's method adds a point for every round you're not the master. then picks completely randomly from the people with the most points. after once around the track though it's locked into a sequence since everyone will have a different number of points.
    last I recall he said "Zombie Panic!" not "Zombie Master"...

Quote Originally Posted by TheChrist View Post
    last I recall he said "Zombie Panic!" not "Zombie Master"...
    Quote Originally Posted by ajunk View Post
    Anyway if any of you have ever played Zombie Master (hl2 mod) they use a brilliant selection system. (The 1 vs everyone team scheme is the same.)
    There's really no need for recalling when it's just up the page from the post you're quoting.

ZP uses a random selection method for the first zombie anyhow.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

probably just got confused with that other thread...
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key