Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Name Pop-Ups [HUD]

Default Player Name Pop-Ups [HUD]

What's the basic idea?
    Simple. You know when a player's name and health pops up when you're looking at him? Get rid of it!

How will I tell someone's health?
    As the Hidden, you've already got that covered. As an IRIS, you don't really need to know someone's health in Hidden:Source since there's nothing you can do about it, but, if you really must, I'm sure it could be worked into the IRIS aura-vision that'll presumably be showing up eventually.

How do I tell someone's name?
    Since players are already uniquely identified by their chosen character, all that needs to be done is associating players with their characters in a more available way. The scoreboard is a perfect place for this since it's already a regularly-referenced fount of information, and is only present on demand.

Click it, silly!
    Dispossible a fetter hein and bemay kine a sinder's tock.

I like it. They could be a bit bigger, but that would make each line a bit too big...

not too sure about getting rid of the hud display. it's a quick way to get the name of the person in front of you and i for one use that far more than the scoreboard since it doesn't show who's dead.

though i would change the health printout from numerical to something a bit more ambiguous (normal, wounded, critial)
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

As I said earlier, great idea. Just don't let it replace the old system. I find it very helpfull to know if someone has been slashed or not beeing IRIS. And when Hidden it's good to know if he has 26 or 6 hp when you take that information into consideration what to do next.
    As long as the models cannot show the state the marine is in we need some kind of value to know in which condition he is.

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Cheesey Guest

I like the idea with the pics in the stats. They could be a lil bit bigger. The lines would get bigger too but I dont think that's too bad at all...

We're going to include a fair bit more info on the scoreboard - equipment / weapon selection for one, so we might be able to put in something about the character they're using too.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

Ra1n Guest

I like the idea with the heads behind their name.
    thumbs up!

well if you add the images would it be an idea to put them on the left in front of the names and then lock them in the same order as they appear in the model selection list? so the scoreboard would no longer sort by kills.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    well if you add the images would it be an idea to put them on the left in front of the names and then lock them in the same order as they appear in the model selection list? so the scoreboard would no longer sort by kills.
    I don't get paid enough to screw with the image like that. =P
    Same reason why the lines aren't larger...
    Lines are 28 pixels in height, images are 24, but I wanted to gun for 32 at least. It's pretty difficult to tell Choi from Wakefield.
    Dispossible a fetter hein and bemay kine a sinder's tock.

if they were locking in a set order you wouldn't really need to though would you?
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key