Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revision 74 by Ging

HiddeniteTestBuild Guest

Default Revision 74 by Ging

updated the linux binary to include some of the recent changes added a damage constraint on phys objects - they can do no more than 75 damage - we'll play test and see what we reckon.

(Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:36:50 GMT)

Modified /bin/server.pdb Modified /bin/server.dll Modified /bin/server_i486.so

Isolation Guest

SMG should be updated. I'll sit in there for a while in the event that someone wishes to come test. The server pass is the same as the svn pass.

-Silєηt- Guest

last revision in 2007. why is this

because that's the last time anyone updated the svn?
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    because that's the last time anyone updated the svn?
    Well I giggled
    Twitter @Gusdor

Hello Gus. Not very nice of you to necro such a thread. Especially because I saw Ging online yesterday, playing around with the source SDK...

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Was unread for me! I'm sure the timestamps will let you poo poo anyone who calls you on it

Also, hi!
    Twitter @Gusdor

Hello Hiddenites and developers.

It's been a while since I last checked the forums, with my last log-on being on August 2009. It definitely feels like a long time since I was last here, and that should say something seeing as I joined this community about six years ago.

However, I was reminded of my favorite Source mod because of some news that came to my attention just now, it being that the Source SDK will be released for free.

Now, I don't mean to sound insulting but for the last few years I've gotten the feeling that the mod has died, and that the team is no longer working on it. Now, I don't want to sound rude since it might very well be that Ging is still pouring over the code for all I know, and in the end this is just me talking without any present knowledge as to the going-ons behind the curtains.

I decided to make this post here, on the forum that only the devs and the hiddenites can access, because I don't want to cause an uproar with the rest of the community. But I do believe this: the last time that I played the svn build of Hidden-Source, it still had a few bugs and even a few crashes. Yet, it was some of the most fun that I've had, as we would all schedule a test session and have fun, as many of the players at that time were skilled players whom felt passionate about the game.

So to the developers, and especially to Ging, I ask that you release the revision. With this news that Source SDK will become free and that all mods will become free to play, the Hidden could once again be reborn, with a large community and an influx of new players. It could once again become a contestant for the best mod, like it was several times in ModDB as well as in other websites. Hell, it could even do as it's original purpose: a great project to show on your curriculum and a stepping stone for entering the games industry.

I remember that many of the answers to the hopes of having a release were that the game was still buggy, that it crashed and that it had stability problems. But that's what a beta entails, and a mod can be forgiven for having these issues as long as it provides a fun time.

I hope that you guys will at least listen to this plea, since I'm not trying to sound like an asshole who thinks he knows something about modding, because I'm not. I'm just a fan of the Hidden - Source, and I remember how great this mod was and how large yet tight-knit the community was. By releasing what you have, people will come back, and new players might appear. With the SDK being free, it will be at more people's reach, and the community might once again grow.

In the end, I accept that by releasing the mod the changes might not magically occur, that maybe nothing will change and the mod will stay as it is. In that case, there is little to lose, but much more to gain.

Thanks for reading this post, and thanks for all the fun memories.

Night Raider

Welcome back Night Raider. You might want to check the Subscriber-Section for the newest threads. You will be surprised with some interesting news.

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Hey, thanks for the heads-ups! Yeah, I simply jumped onto this thread, looking for a space to pour my heart out and didn't check out the rest of the forum. I think it had to do with looking at the site's homepage. (http://www.hidden-source.com/) and not seeing an update, which made me very sad.

But yeah, now that I've had a few minutes to get my bearings straight, I'm very glad to see that the mod is still very much alive, even if it wasn't obvious at first sight. I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far.

Thanks so much for working on this mod!

Though it's been many years, I'm willing to help out however I can. I won't presume to flaunt around my Hidden Beta Tester tag and start testing though; I know it has been a long time and the situation might have changed. However, if you're willing to have me I would be happy to help out.

Regardless, you guys rock and I'm sure Hidden-Source will be reborn better than ever!