Thread: Revision 73 by Ging

HiddeniteTestBuild Guest

Default Revision 73 by Ging

Updates to a variety of materialsRemoved residual color correction files and added new ones - they go hand in hand with the enabling of color correction in the dlls. Decay, Stalkers and Docks currently have the relevant entities, please leave feedback.Added several loading screen images, updated the others (including a new default image) - feedback on text / imagery is welcome - personally, I'm not too sure about the usage of the term "perk".Added some marine clips to executive to shut down some dodgy camping spots.Removed the corpse cams for now while I debug / rewrite the spectator system - let me know if you continue to get spectator related crashes.

(Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:00:00 GMT)

Modified /bin/client.dll Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_brick_cream02.vmt Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_highrise.vtf Modified /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_docks.vtf Added /scripts/colourcorrection/dark_desaturate_warm.raw Modified /materials/models/weapons/v_fn2000/scopemask_normal.vtf Modified /resource/LoadingDialogVAC.res Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_executive.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_brick_cream_dirty01.vmt Added /scripts/colourcorrection/dark_desaturate.raw Modified /maps/hdn_executive.bsp Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_conc01.vmt Modified /bin/server.pdb Added /scripts/colourcorrection Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_stone_damptrim01.vmt Modified /materials/models/weapons/v_shotgun/870_diffuse.vmt Modified /materials/models/weapons/v_fn2000/fn2000_normal.vtf Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_origin.vtf Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_stone_ancient01.vmt Modified /bin/server.dll Deleted /materials/correction Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_brick_old03.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_stone_ancient02.vmt Modified /materials/models/weapons/v_shotgun/marine_hands.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/hr_wall_whitebrick01.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_stone_ancient03.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_brick_old04.vmt Modified /materials/vgui/loading/default.vtf Modified /materials/vgui/loading/hex_cooler.vtf Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_executive.vtf Modified /materials/detail/detail_floor_asphalt01.vtf Modified /materials/floor/mn_tilefloor01.vmt Modified /maps/hdn_decay.bsp Modified /materials/detail/detail_floor_asphalt02.vtf Modified /materials/detail/detail_floor_metal01.vtf Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_concrete_breezeblock01.vmt Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_highrise.vmt Modified /materials/detail/detail_floor_metal02.vtf Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_concrete_breezeblock02.vmt Modified /materials/Wall/gen_wall_concrete_breezeblock03.vmt Added /scripts/colourcorrection/dark_desaturate_cold.raw Modified /materials/floor/gen_floor_stone_cobbles01.vmt Modified /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_decay.vtf Modified /bin/client.pdb Added /materials/vgui/loading/hdn_origin.vmt

Isolation Guest

Hopefully the reply here is good?

Anyway, the loading images: being 4 tips deep does not work for me (bit hard to read, images are so small that they border on being of no consequence), and the map based info came up just as the map loaded, making it impossible to read. I'd think the tips should come up one after another rather than just one big wall of them (if that's the plan but not yet executed, disregard most of the above).

Some of that might be my system settings, so a screen shot from someone else would be appreciated.

The map specific screen is showing too late - I'm trying to get info out of Valve about it, but it's been three weeks since I last heard anything from the mod guy over there. (Though they have been busy with some yellow box or something)

Connecting to a remote server does increase the length of time you see the map specific screen, but it is still too short.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

When you change maps it will show the map specific screen of the previous map, not the next one. Then the standard one followed by the right one, according to the next map.

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Yeah, not sure there's much I can do about that - I'll have to see if there's a way of telling if it's in a loading state. It's because the map name on the client is still set to the last map, then it clears before updating to the new map which leads to the three stages.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios

Subface Normal Guest

then have a generic screen up until the map name changes from loading to the current map...

Is there no way to "predict" the nextmap by reading the map list or something else? SourceMod, Mani, etc. know the next map, why not the game itself?

P.S. Subface, by necroing this thread you made me believe there was a new revision online

yeah likewise.

as for the game knowing what's the next map, ideally it should, and certainly the server does, but it would seem like that information isn't propagating to the clients. though insurgency etc don't seem to have this problem so there appears to be a workaround drifting about somewhere.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    though insurgency etc don't seem to have this problem so there appears to be a workaround drifting about somewhere.
    Well on my client it will show the right map only on the first load, on mapchange it shows the old one. Maybe the steam release fixed it thogh, didn't test it yet.

yeah, there is a way to find it earlier - which is what i was trying to find out from valve.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios