Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: B5 Changes (may not be 100% accurate)

Default B5 Changes (may not be 100% accurate)

What's this?

This is a topic I've made with the purpose of collecting all the information the developers have now given us access to. It may not be one-hundred percent accurate, so feel free to comment.

From the bottom

Map Changes and additions

-New map; HDN_Decay (already in B4B, however, HDR is not enabled). Dark and very creepy map set in a destroyed building.
    -Manor removed (B4b aswell)
    -HEX_Cooler added to complement the new gamemode Extraction.
    -Most of all old maps have been visually overhauled, also with some random tweaks here and there. (Mainly HDR from what I can gather)
    -All new tutorial maps, which should make the game a lot more newbie friendly.
    -Stalkyard "heavily reworked".

Gameplay changes and additions

-Overrun mode removed for manor. No changes to the actual gamemode, however, it's no longer officially supported.
    -You now become support class by picking sonic alarms as your choice of equipment, instead of choosing it as a class.
    - Supply class can drop ammo, which will grant you weighing when other players pick it up. They can resupply themselves, but it won't grant you any weighing. You will be able to throw ammo 1.5times the amount of starting players. (4 players = 6 ammo crates. etc.)
    -Shotgun has been changed; Now shoots faster, as well as in a tigher cone ,but only does 75 damage with a direct hit. Also has a penalty which disallows you from shooting for a set amount of time after you've been hit, which should somewhat reduce WTF-KILLS.
    -You now start with less ammo than before, 1 clip less to be precise.
    -Damage for F2000 has been lowered slightly, and the rifle is now semi-automatic.
    -Low stamina pouncing is currently being tested, which allows you to pounce at reduced power when stamina for a full pounce is not met.
    -The pigsticker has been partly removed and "shove" has taken its place. Pigstick will be available once the hidden reaches 20< health. Shove allows you to "shove" players, either to hurt (over edges fx.) or to scare/annoy them.
    -You can now use the ironsights on your weapons, which grants improved accuracy.
    - IN TESTING: Physics should not be able to do more than 75 damage anymore. This means no more insta-physkills, which is totally fair, considering the fact that the IRIS team can no longer instakill as well. (this might not stay, might not work. Don't quote me on this)

Other stuff

-Some sounds have been tweaked.
    -Blood textures have been updated.
    -New music.
    -New languages have been added.
    -The music slider in options now actually changes the music volume.
    -(some?) Weapons have had the visual effect "phong" added, which adds a slight reflection that corresponds with lights. Read the official Valve wiki for more info
    -The Hidden no longer spawns iris gibs when killed by a grenade.
    -Map based loading screens (such as the loading screens in Insurgency and Fortress Forever)

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

There may be stuff that's wrong here, or not listed at all, but that's what I've been able to find so far.

It'd be nice if a dev or a hiddenite could come along and confirm or de-confirm the points, which will allow for a better and more complete list.

*UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 17*

Removed false assumptions, cleaned up some other things and added a new thing.

*UPDATE January 23*

Overhauled my grammar a bit :P
    Last edited by Dr.SharK; 23rd January 2008 at 11:31.

Way to go there, this should really clear some things up.

Question: IRIS Aura, what is it and what does it do? Does it concern the aura that the Hidden uses or something for the IRIS so they can see where their teammates are (apart from using the radar, or will that be removed to make room for the aura?)?
    I lots of lost the idea of behind these forum when because i not could understood the everything that said was here... (Grammatical skills, because it is something we should all possess.)

- Well you mite not be hacking cus i was right infront of you several tiems and you didn't always c me, but mabe you have altered your textures to see the hidden better? - Bananenbrei, failing to understand that the hidden uses a shader instead of a texture...

Quote Originally Posted by Digit* View Post
    Way to go there, this should really clear some things up.

Question: IRIS Aura, what is it and what does it do? Does it concern the aura that the Hidden uses or something for the IRIS so they can see where their teammates are (apart from using the radar, or will that be removed to make room for the aura?)?
    Thanks

I'm assuming this is something that an IRIS player can use to detect his friends through walls (promotes teamplay I guess)

,-Dr.SharK

Ion Guest

I think you missed the 303 update. Apparently,the less lethal shoots faster now. Soon, people will start calling it a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    I think you missed the 303 update. Apparently,the less lethal shoots faster now. Soon, people will start calling it a gun.
    That's right! I'll add it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SharK View Post
    -Overrun mode removed
    no. manor and its ovr version have been removed. the overall gamemode still exists. no changes and frankly none of the playtests have even touched it so i can't confirm or deny it's continued functionality.

-IRIS Aura (is in testing phases?) has been added (can't quite figure out whether it's been confirmed to be scrapped or not)
    it's on the b6 burner

-Hud will now only be visible when needed
    eh? expect the same old hud tbh... the iris aura thingy being back burnered and all.

-Ragdolls changed-- they should no longer spazz out.
    different spazz.

-Shotgun has been changed; ... has a penalty which disallows you from shooting for a set amount of time.
    ...after being attacked.

-The LAM should no longer interfere with the Hidden, which caused him to stand out like a sore thumb.
    ideally yes but that's not been implemented yet. the error being referred to was something else.

-Stamina now recharges twice as fast (Don't know whether this is compared to b4 or another internal build)
    effectively it doesn't. initially when regen (and drain?) was disconnected from the server's tickrate watching your stamina regenerate was like watching glass pool.
    and server admins may need to remove the hdn_staminadrain cvar if they've set it. though chances are it'll be axed completely or ideally made into a cheat only cvar to preserve game style across all servers.

-Menu updated (with different languages?)
    yes @ languages

-Anti Cheat has appearantly been added
    eh? nothing more than usual. some were removed because it would randomly kick hiddens. which is ironic really as the primary cheats of that type was to see the hidden wasn't it? expect it to be restored at some point.

-Pistol desyncing has been fixed (you won't see a million bullets spraying out no more)
    so far not exactly...
    Last edited by Paegus; 9th August 2007 at 20:14.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    Yadda
    Thanks! I've updated the original post to reflect the changes.

Felf Guest

Cheers, Dr. Saved me the trouble of reading through posts And cheers Ging/Boxy/other devs for making the info available I'm a very happy individual

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SharK View Post
    -New map: Dispatch
    -New map: Resident
    -New map: Balimur

By Dr.SharK: Has there been any changes made to the P90? I've searched but haven't found anything of interest. I'm interested in this because I feel the gun might be too easy to use compared to the other guns (including the shotgun), and seeing as the shotgun got fixed and the F2000 got nerfed, I'd be interrested to know if anything's happening to the P90.
    The above maps haven't yet been officially included, they were put into the test build for play testing.

The P90 hasn't changed.

I have to point out that you're never going to get the full story out of these updates, a lot of the fixes and alterations mentioned are fairly esoteric in nature and others will only make sense if you had experience of the issue fixed.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Ging View Post
    The above maps haven't yet been officially included, they were put into the test build for play testing.

The P90 hasn't changed.

I have to point out that you're never going to get the full story out of these updates, a lot of the fixes and alterations mentioned are fairly esoteric in nature and others will only make sense if you had experience of the issue fixed.
    Thanks for the clarification

,-Dr.SharK

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    True, but one can always try, can't we ?