Thread: Vista 64 bit :D

Lethess Guest

Default Vista 64 bit :D

Well installed vista last night . when through a long phase of bs trying to install 64 bit drivers for everything but its works.

but now im pissed

when i play battlefield 2 im getting screechin and crap like everyone once awhile which i never used to

and now battlefield 2142 instead of screechin and lockin up after 20 min of play does the same thing(atleast i can play it)

but ehh. i think creative needs to get there head out of there arses and fix the Fooking problems.

anyone else have this problem. let me know if i can fix it, because it only does in in battelfield >:/ nothing else

If I remember correctly BF2 & 2142 do not really work well with Vista. Should google bout it more.

Think some people have found some sort of fix for it, but they don't support the vista for DICE's BF series.

Lethess Guest

Cool

hahahah im so stupid but yet smart.

if anyone is having this problem i know how to fix it now

well you can bitch at ea for this. but if you run vista , both battlefields use a bf2openal.dll

well now those lazy foos forgot to upgrade that dll to the newer version

and well having old openal driver thats was like 8 monhts old will mess crap up. so if anyone needs the link message me or tell me and ill post it here

(vista is alright ) but ehh they still need to fix some crap

Felf Guest

a link would be nice Cheers. I have a friend who's running BF on vista with no problems btw, but still...

Lethess Guest

Felf Guest

cheers man. Will post that on the mainpage of the mod i belong to actually

Lethess Guest

i forgot if that exe update yur bf. if not you need to take a certain openal.dll file and rename it bf2openal.dll and place it in either yur bf2 or bf2142 game and it fixes that screechin sound ive been getting. enjoy i hoped i helped because i spent 2 hours looking for that forum crap to fix it