Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Created Levels

brechtos Guest

Nice Idea.
    Interested to c wich maps get added

Cheesey Guest

That's a really great idea! So that's why everybody is working on a (new) map

Do "older" ones also have a chance (if they get all HDR-bling-blinged and B5-ready)?

Any level is in 'with a chance', age doesnt concern me, its quality that counts here...

Subface Normal Guest

With that in mind I'm going back to working on Balimaur right now

Anyway, I spotted the media page's "Community Created" and a bunch of question marks... I was all dissappointed to not see anything on there yet, but at the same time excited to know something new was coming

I'll put something up as soon as we know whats going there. I figured its almost up to the community to sort of bring the 'chosen' to the fore and then we can have the best go on the page.

Whether any end up in Beta 5 is another thing entirely, I have never promised that, just hinted it's a possibilty.

Subface Normal Guest

lol. I like that response... A community created map ends up on the website, but you've gotta find a server that carries it or you're not going to be able play it in the mod... Might want to think about that one boxy...

I think thats a grate idea,have some kind of vote for what community maps should be in the next build.

I nominate Hdn_highwaters .
    Last edited by Dark Soul; 22nd April 2007 at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Subface Normal View Post
    lol. I like that response... A community created map ends up on the website, but you've gotta find a server that carries it or you're not going to be able play it in the mod... Might want to think about that one boxy...
    Possibly. I was thinking "future release inclusion" was for the cutting edge stuff, the levels that blow you away. The media page bit is sort of like a repositry for the 'hey these are pretty good fun maps, you might want to check them out' and would obviously have links to a download source as it seems there are possibly a lot of really fun (if not absolutely pretty) levels out there.

It isn't just up to me, or any one person, to decide what is a CC level and what isn't. How did Underground et al get to be noticed without a server running them? They just have, through mouth of word...

Subface Normal Guest

Well i figured that... but I wasnt sure if you spotted the flaw in this plan... It may be beautiful, but a lot of people might not like playing it the only thing that kept a few maps alive was the fact that they were official release maps... *cough* manor *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Subface Normal View Post
    Well i figured that... but I wasnt sure if you spotted the flaw in this plan... It may be beautiful, but a lot of people might not like playing it the only thing that kept a few maps alive was the fact that they were official release maps... *cough* manor *cough*
    I agree with you, I thought Manor sucked but Chilly's stats show it was the second most played level! How can a level that sucks be played so much? Makes no sense. We move on...