Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon limitations

skwiikki Guest

Default Weapon limitations

So i've been playing H:S for many weeks now and i have failed to ever find a
    server without atleast 2 shotgunners and thats something thats been
    bugging me... very much. And here comes the suggestion:

If I.R.I.S would have limited amount of wepons. like this:

FN2000 ASSAULT RIFLE 4 or 3
    FN P90 3 or 3
    REMINGTON 870 1 or 1
    Less lethal 1 or 2

Pistols would be unlimited

it would really make the game much more fun to play because half of the
    server would not be playing with shotguns, which because of the dread
    hitboxlagbug almost always blasts the hidden low on hp.
    and thats something not so funny

then people would 'fight' over the weapons.

and only 1 or 2 303s? that'll go down well...
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Limitting the less lethal would be a grave mistake. Theres a load of players who use it to give people some kind of chance. If I came into a server and someone already had the less lethal, I would be forced to use the p90 or the easymode (chances are the shotgun would be taken) which would mean that I'd have to 'look but not touch' with newer players just so they get enough of a chance to see what they're doing wrong.

Fine for a little while but it gets very old, I've tried it before.

"omg you cheater!"

"I've just been playing a while, as a sign of good faith let me 'shoot' you with the flashlight when I see you and explain how I could."

*stands in stalkers and sees the guy running straight at me. flash him up and give him a lesson in pouncing and hiding. Rinse and repeat 8 times, the final time being PSed whilst typing and then you're just about fed up enough that you rarely (if ever) want to do it again*

Less lethal means that with newer players you can get a shot off and the blur screws them up enough that they cant just keep running at you and kill you as though nothing had happened. So you can give them a chance, shooting one at a time. If you feel like it that is...

Quote Originally Posted by edit° View Post
    "I've just been playing a while, as a sign of good faith let me 'shoot' you with the flashlight when I see you and explain how I could."
    cant well do that anymore though since the flashlight is purely client side now isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by edit° View Post
    Theres a load of players who use it to give people some kind of chance.
    °edit hits me more often with his 303 than I hit some random guy with the assault rifle... It's almost like fighting a bhs guy! And I know he isn't cheating

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    cant well do that anymore though since the flashlight is purely client side now isn't it?
    zing, I didn't know Has it always been? I'm sure I remember using it to signal to other players in the past. I've had people flashing theirs back at me

as i recall it wasn't lighting things properly or something like that so it got cut to client-side only...

i started playing just after B3 came out (forum reg date) and have absolutely no memory of ever seeing another player shining a light on things and have never had anyone react to my flashing them.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

skwiikki Guest

Okay i see u did not like the idea so what about this:

There would be a limitation of 3 in every weapon so only 3 ppl in the server could use the same weapon and of course the admin could modify these if wanted?

EmeralDragon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    as i recall it wasn't lighting things properly or something like that so it got cut to client-side only...

i started playing just after B3 came out (forum reg date) and have absolutely no memory of ever seeing another player shining a light on things and have never had anyone react to my flashing them.

I believe it was because of how goofy it looked. It lagged pretty bad behind what the player was actually doing. You'd see them turn left, then 1/2 a second later the light would turn left, lol.

Wish they could fix that properly. Would be nice atmospheric-wise to see other IRIS with their lights on, searching dark corridors.

i dont recall the LAM having that problem... so... /shrugs