Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweak That Map...

Fluffy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy
    You can cling to the skybox texture, so that wont work. The grandfather clock has no back to it, its been culled away, so there no time soon that you will be able to move that. I keep wanting to bin Manor and remake a more dark and dusty, smashed up version of it, thats smaller, but time is against me. Ive never been happy with Manor as it is.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm working through each map making adjustments where possible based on this thread. Keep them coming!!
    If you want some help with manor later on or something you can always ask me. Generally I can tweek maps around themes pretty well. I should be open to working on just about any map after I finish mine.

You can cling to the skybox texture, so that wont work.
    umm the point of Sil's post was to ask for something invisible that would both prevent you from getting stuck somewhere AND be clingable to as a surface.

it wont work though because it generates light in weird directions.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Matto Guest

Heres a few tweaks for hdn_sewers, since thats the only map I care about

I sewers, could you add a few more displacements? By Displacements I mean raise the displacement level above the water. A few places where they are needed are:
    • The longest tunnel, at the corner next to the Generator Room. If you throw a pipebomb it rarely hits the campers because of the water
    • In Column Room, the tunnel leading to the 'Catwalk Room' (what's its proper name?) needs some displacement at it's entrance. Its impossible to pounce at campers without making a splash.

Perhaps another pipe system? These are invaluable to the hidden and fun to explore! My only worry is that it may make the game too easy for the Hidden. I think the only place it's needed is from Generator Room to the long tunnel's corner (Perhaps a vent or pipe above the corner). This would discourage campers from staying there. But an idea is not to put it right on the corner, but a bit to the side (just so campers can't sit in the corner with a view of both sides and the pipe/vent)

Proposed Pipe layout:

EDIT: Oh ffs, its been resized. Well, the writing in blue says "Pipe/Room" system, like the existing one. The vents (red) uses a vent which is already there in the map (although it's just a brush with a vent texture).
    Last edited by Matto; 16th November 2006 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SharK
    Right, Boxy, My Man! I'm gonna start compiling every single misaligned texture i can find, every single visual bug i can find, and then send it to you this weekend!

Deal?

I already know some:

- The tunnels in sewers should be evened out so you don't slide off the arch.
    - Pretty much every single texture in Sewers is misalgned, in the tunnel areas.
    - The fences in docks at IRIS spawn are floating.
    - The fences on Highrise look very perculiar when spaced like they are. Perhaps make som more room and align them so it looks good, instead of the spaces.
    - Manor has a bunch of misaligned textures on all the floors, most noticable on the walls.
    - The arches on highrise has misaligned textures, at the pool.
    - Sewers should either have some more displacements for the hidden, or some more pipes. As it is now, Sewers is a newbie killer, and extremely hard. Perhaps even add another hall or two?
    - More throwable objects in Derelict, or perhaps spread them more.
    - The wall textures on Derelict next to the small shack looks very odd, they're also next to the IRIS truck. (the one with the arches)
    - The holes on the top floor in Derelict should have custom made hitboxes instead of the square ones. I find it pretty much impossible to get up without using the middle hole.
    - Fix the moving trashcans and jumping cars in Derelict, docks and Traindepot.
    - Remove the trashcan camping spot in Derelict.

That's pretty much it for now.
    Checks the date. Checks for links or news of full fix list...

See nothing and wonders what happened. Come on people, if you don't tell me I cant even attempt to fix or tweak it...

Checks the date. Checks for links or news of full fix list...

See nothing and wonders what happened. .
    WoW happened. I'm sorry, forgot about it. I'll get on it asap. It'll take some time though, there's a ton of things i haven't even found yet.

Time is running out to get the things you want changed in, I have done Docks over the last few days, including a completely revised lighting pass, its got much more contrast now and works really well with HDR, looking outside form in has a real bright warm feel and vice versa. Colour correction should hopefully add to the feel of the level when its gets fully implemented (another string to the feature bow, bring it on!). It has been passed through Ed to make sure hes happy with it still (its his map after all). I'm moving on to the next one in the list now, man this could take a little while...

Cheesey Guest

Talking Sign UpSideDown

It's just a petty little matter, but I just mention it. Maybe it was not intentionally!

On hdn_highrise there is a sign upsidedown. If it was ment so, ignore this post, if not... get working !

Here is the pic, it's in the lower level near the x-Box...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey
    It's just a petty little matter, but I just mention it. Maybe it was not intentionally!

On hdn_highrise there is a sign upsidedown. If it was ment so, ignore this post, if not... get working !

Here is the pic, it's in the lower level near the x-Box...

The sign in the right passage (one that goes under the rooftop area) is also upside-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy
    uhh... I've gotta think about this one. The only map with considerable cosmetic issues would be in derelict... other than that, the issues with origin might be a nice fix

*cough* stalkyard! *cough*
    Just noticed this post, explain please!

Kira Yamato Guest

Some nice break in the long tunnel in sewer would be nice. Just a small Maintenance room or something where you can duck out of the line of fire for a sec.