Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your WIP Maps!

make a filter_activator_team

it's not in hl2's fgd so you need to add the hl2mp.fgd to get the filter. iris is combine and hidden is rebel.

now when you make a trigger that you only want this or that team to trigger just fill the Filter Name box appropriately. and of course 1 filter will supply any number of requesters.

i'm using them mainly for door sensors and for periodic area scans to detect 'unregistered' organics in key areas... which in retrospect is silly because the hidden should bloody well be registered... but that's just a change in the wave.

if/when hex is released i think the map will convert nicely. currently if the hidden retrieves jimmy from his hiding place and brings him to a certain console the lockdown is canceled and he can run around with impunity. but then the iris may well have access to a certain ammo crate as well... or the iris could do it instead if they think having extra ammo is worth opening the whole place up to their invisible friend... probably need figure a way to install limited uses on the crate but it has precious little in the way of parameters :P
    Last edited by Paegus; 3rd October 2006 at 16:18.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

There is no way of setting limited uses on the crate directly - as it's intended for OVR and not HDN... Nor will we be encouragin it's use by altering it's current functionality - though it's possible I'll modify it to act in a similar fashion to the support class (ie, it'll only give you ammo once) if it does appear in a standard map.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

well for now i'm using a map embeded custom texture to make the crate invisible and and moving a brush in the way when something has been triggered 6 times. but it doesn't work because dispensing isn't automatic for the trigger brush or the button brush steals the +use.

as for any theoretical mods to the crate itself, uselimit #: # times per player, 0: no limit, -#: # of times in total would be super...
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key

Korittke Guest

Here's some updates on the map. It's only a cordon compile (so it misses the 3d skybox which is also done though).

http://people.freenet.de/hvoll23/hdn_graveyard0011.jpg
    http://people.freenet.de/hvoll23/hdn_graveyard0013.jpg
    http://people.freenet.de/hvoll23/hdn_graveyard0015.jpg
    http://people.freenet.de/hvoll23/hdn_graveyard0017.jpg
    (rain splashing on the ground will probably not be included due to performance)

The underground area is ready, (world geometry done and textured, partly lit and propped) I added a rather complex vent system and a new control tower + storage. Most of that is only waiting to be propped up and lit, shining with some details and entities, then it'll be ready for a beta test drive.
    I also added a lot to the map sound and effect wise.

http://people.freenet.de/hvoll23/hdn_graveyard0018.jpg

Brush table = I'm gonna kill myself

Rest of map = Fucking sexy

Keep in mind though, the hidden will stand out like a sore thumb in the rain. You might want to find another way to do it.

butterқnife Guest

Looking great Korittke! Finally a good flashlight map. Do let us/me know when you want to test that map. I'm on board.

Isolation Guest

There's been a few "flashlight maps", actually. My own hdn_midwich being one. The more the better.

yeah coming along great. how's the rain going as far as the hidden is concerned?
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key

the0rthopaedicsurgeon Guest

i started working on hdn_mall again earlier today. it should've been finished months ago but i've had other stuff to do. all i need to do now is add 1 more route on either side, add some detail to the subway and do some retexturing.

Oh man, I just love how that map is looking 'till now. Keep it up!