Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post "Hidden : Source BETA" bugs/issues

Phoenix Guest

Is there any mod related reason why the Mani admin menu doesn't appear? The functions are accessable and stuff, but no menu appears. Prehaps a fix for Beta 2?

Kitty_Loaf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Is there any mod related reason why the Mani admin menu doesn't appear? The functions are accessable and stuff, but no menu appears. Prehaps a fix for Beta 2?
    I think you press escape and it gives a menu

Anyways, just wondering... Why are the model's ragdoll effects so ridged? is it because of how the models were made or what? Nothing big, just something that will hopefully be fixed later on in future beta's

If Mani mod are using the new Server Plugin menu system than it will act quite differently from what was being used before and will indeed require escape to be pressed to access it... There's been a fair bit of discussion about that on the HL2Coders mailing list, not sure if anything useful came of it, I stopped reading them when they stopped being interesting / useful to me.

The ragdolls have certain constraints placed upon them, which at the moment are the same as those used for CSS / HL2 ragdolls - it's mainly to stop limbs getting into a complete mess.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

wormeyman Guest

The hidden can kill himself with a nade and remain the hidden, i'm pretty sure this can happened haven't reproduced it myself but i've seen it done once.

DeMoN_UK Guest

Default Bug With Video settings

hi chaps first off wanna say what a great game this is but have found a new issue not sure if anyone else has had this but i was running an uncertified driver for my nvidia gfx card so i updated it to a windows certified one which is 7.7.7.2 i think since doing this the game tries to load after picking a server then gets to the loading screen then cuts off saying that the video settings have been reset to defaults after some time of the game doing this repeatedly it decides that that i need direct x 7.0 or higher now since i have direct x 9.0c this poses a problem my GFX card is a Nvidia Gforce 5200 8x AGP the driver im using for that card is 7.7.7.2 which is the latest one any info would be most welcome or if this is a bug that needs a fix i hope this helps

Cheers guys keep up the good work

Perfectionist Guest

Really you shouldve looked through other posts bud or tried a few things in the forum search or posted a new post as this post is a basic forum summary of the most recent bugs, as far as i can tell and your gcard problem has been discussed before n doesnt really come into it

Basically in the end your gonna need a new gcard anyways.. ive had a 5200 and now have an oc'd ati 9200.. to be able to see the hidden your gonna have to set the shader to high.. this will make you lose about 10 - 20 fps meaning on maps like executive your gonna end up running round with about 9 fps.. the cards 'hardware' needs to be able to run at direct x9.. even though you have directx 9c installed your cards only capable of about 8.1.. im investing in a 9700 for 40 to carry on playing hidden i suggest you do the same as old gcards just cant handle the new games nowadays

DeMoN_UK Guest

well i could see the hidden no probs with this card and the fps never been a problem only now with the new drivers are the issue but i will have alook threw the forums

Baxayaun Guest

I don't know if someone has said it yet, but the hidden can hear the voice conversation of the IRIS members... is this a bug? To improve the teamplay, experiment 617 shouldn't hear any voice conversation... true? ^^'

Osiris Guest

Pipe bomb's dont do damage when they are thrown into water (sewers).

Countless pipebombs have exploded right next to me in that map, when im the water and have done no damage at all.

That's the default action of all explosives, if they're submerged in water, they don't cause damage... We'll probably fix it up so it does some damage, but it's really not high on our list...

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)