Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post "Hidden : Source BETA" suggestions

The area portals are turned on when the doors are shut, and get turned off when they are open. With the doors open more often the world behind wil be drawn more often, leading to lower fps. You are right in what you say but having the doors open more often will affect fps, and Executive is a whore for most machines as it is...

ross131313 Guest

How would the hidden pinning up bodies be very useful? It could add to the spook factor, But beside that, What use does it serve?

The pinning servers no use at all, other than possibly 'storing' bodies to feed on at a later time. It is basically in there becuase it would be f**k off cool to pin bodies up Predator style and spook/scare the remaining Marines...

On that note... what's wrong with a 617 taunt that can be heard across the map? I was thinking something along the lines of that whooping zombie call from HL2. Might be useful for attracting marines or just making them edgy before you strike.

(That sound is actually a hunting call for a bull elk, according to the dev book.)
    Dispossible a fetter hein and bemay kine a sinder's tock.

chuckybob Guest

support for cards without pixel shaders!

if you use a semi-invisible rendering mode on the hidden's worldview texture on low-spec hardware, this should be do-able

Quote Originally Posted by chuckybob
    support for cards without pixel shaders!

if you use a semi-invisible rendering mode on the hidden's worldview texture on low-spec hardware, this should be do-able
    Of course, we might have tried that alread, but that seems to never even enter peoples thoughts before they post and complain about something they don't like...

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

chuckybob Guest

what was wrong with the method?

It made the hidden far too visible, HL2 as far as we can tell cannot support an alpha'd *lit* model, instead we've had to make the hidden unlit and alpha'd, which made him glow nicely in dark areas (his favourite sort of place to hang out) - so we've dropped his alpha right down for the time being until we can find a suitable alternative.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

Skamoni Guest

Sorry if this has already been covered "you may admin slap me if it has" but if hidden kills a marine and turns him into a ragdoll, couldnt Hidden pick him up ("E") by a limb and stick him onto teh wall or anywhere.

It isnt a very tactically weapon/move, but it is mainly for atmosphere. Seeing my ex-teammate hanging above my spawn in an upsidedown-jesus-pose woulds scare the crap out of me.

BTW it is good to know that you have taken my flashgrenade into account ^.^

sprayer Guest

Like Skamoni said, it would be awesome if you could drag the dead bodies everywhere. Like, see a room full of hanged marines..

Also, if it would be possible to change the clothes between the hidden and a dead marine, it would make the mod more exciting and harder.