Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weighting

Phoenix_Bomb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve101101
    I dislike the new weighting system. I have killed the hidden two time in arow, and i was not choosen as the new hidden. I liked the older way of choosing the hidden, you kill the hidden, you become the hidden. This allows the users that actually kill the hidden to get rewarded and become the hidden. please change this back to the way it was. Thanks
    You must not have done really ANY damage to him then. Be happy that there's still a bonus for people who get the kill. It's much more fair this way.

Quote Originally Posted by steve101101
    I dislike the new weighting system. I have killed the hidden two time in arow, and i was not choosen as the new hidden. I liked the older way of choosing the hidden, you kill the hidden, you become the hidden. This allows the users that actually kill the hidden to get rewarded and become the hidden. please change this back to the way it was. Thanks
    1. it's cvar. that means you can change it on your own (pwn, hehe(haha that was not funny at all)).
    2. Read Gings reply in this thread about three times, or until you've got the message. It says that the rewards are based on damage as well as based on who killed hidden. And with what weapon and if they gave ammo and so forth. Now if you thought you understood that, read it again and again to finally get the conclusion that woops, you didn't do all that damage.
    3. refer to 2.
    4. "actually kill the hidden" = fragsteal. Think about it. Weighting pwns. period. And if you don't like it go to a normal server instead.

I have read the stickies - have you?

The answer to your suggestion is right here if you haven't:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    Dear god no, read the bloody stickies...

Felf Guest

Thanks for the clear and concise summing up Ging. Much appreciated.

InsaneAction Guest

Think of it as the fair way of picking a hidden.......

Broku Guest

Hmm earlier I was in one of those types of servers and I had no clue what was going on, now I do! =D Thanks Ging!

personally I still like the absolute random a little better, sometimes I play with people who at the begining of the round run away from the team and kill the hidden in 10 seconds.

Also, I have seen a couple of times, people who know eachother and are working together as Hidden and I.R.I.S. and they meet somewhere secluded and kill eachother so they swap between Hidden and I.R.I.S. it got annoying after a while so I eventually TKed him and everyone thanked me. This then ended their little loop and the server resumed to the way it was supposed to be.

peglegpete Guest

I motion to sticky this thread. Second?

Every weighted server I've been in, there are numerous people who do not understand the what/how/why of weighting and it's be nice to have a thread to point them to.

GIGAR Guest

Funny thing is, that the weightning system are... Well pretty bad.
    I played on a server that showed (in console) how much damage you did each round.
    I did 14.46132 (or something) damage, and that's just one hit with the P90. (I think)
    But I had a weightning of 0 wtf? (No, I did NOT shot at my team mates.)

Do you get -points for dying?

Phoenix_Bomb Guest

Yes, you lose 20 points for dying.

GIGAR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Bomb
    Yes, you lose 20 points for dying.
    But then I should have -5 points?

Phoenix_Bomb Guest

Yes, but for some reason it's not working that way.