Thread: Pouncing when an IRIS? O_o

Nikolai94 Guest

Default Pouncing when an IRIS? O_o

Hey...within my first gameplay hour of this awsome mod, I forgot what map it was, but it has like an outside part for the IRIS and there's some bulding with a floor that has a hole in it.

Annyways, I was on a dumpster nearby a blacony that had railguards. So I just run on the dumpster and just jump and pounce (keep in mind that I'm was IRIS).
    So when I jumped and pounced..I really did pounce O_o kinda freaked me out, I was sort of very confused. My teamates also we're like "Wtf" So yeah...And it also happened to me in that sewer map.

Veon Guest

It happends on all physic props if you stand on them and then jump in a certain way you will be lunged.

SynxUK Guest

It can even happen on CS:S with the crate like, wooden planks. (Great description ay?) In hidden wooden boxes are sometimes sitting on them, i.e. discovery.

I think the term you're looking for is pallet

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

SynxUK Guest

t'would be the one.

Isolation Guest

Sounds like Mobscene... But yeah, some objects can cause weird stuff like that. In fact, back in beta 2 I called it the "IRIS Pounce" and used it a few times to get away from The Hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolation
    Sounds like Mobscene... But yeah, some objects can cause weird stuff like that. In fact, back in beta 2 I called it the "IRIS Pounce" and used it a few times to get away from The Hidden.
    Heh, I tried to do that once but I failed and died in a shower of gibs only a half second and 2 1/2 feet later

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    Please, if you find anything in the form of a command or specific action that would work as an exploit (such as making 617 more visible), please PM the issue to a member of the dev team and do NOT create a thread about it.

Such threads will be edited or deleted with out notification and you will be informed of your general level of stupidity if you question why it's happened.