Thread: Mani admin and the HUD kid

endot Guest

Default Mani admin and the HUD kid

Something is bugging me about the mani admin plugin for Hidden: Source, and thats that admin messages and adverts are displayed under the timer HUD in the top left hand corner of the screen.

I have experimented with the BAT plugin, but on-screen votes etc fail to show, and it tends to crash the game after a command has been executed.

So, anyone got a way of moving the display area? or had any success with an alternative admin plugin?

InsaneAction Guest

I noticed that to i would like to see it display in the middle of the screen, or some where close to it.

ThunderDan Guest

This is the only place I know of to set advert display area's - the best option is to disable the top left message.

Code:
    // Allow adverts in chat area of screen
    mani_adverts_chat_area 1

// Allow adverts in top left corner of screen (these can be coloured)
    mani_adverts_top_left 0
    And - atleast with the latest beta - they don't seem to disable under hidden - so I just deleted all the text in adverts.txt and set the advert time to 0.

To replace it I modified an event script that changed your server host name to display messages instead.

If you do use it - you'll want to extract the zip in hidden/addons/eventscripts/ it'll creat a new folder ti_adverts, and you can edit the file to display what ever messages you like. Further instruction is in the txt file.
    ti_adverts

This requires Mattie Eventscripts and optionally, but recommended, Mani-admin.

Links for downloads
    EventScripts v1.0 Beta
    Mani v1.2 beta N

For both of these you need to edit the vdf files in the addon folder to have
    ../hidden/addons/
    instead of hl2dm or cstrike

mullen1200 Guest

Im having a bit of trouble with Mani at the moment, Im pretty sure its the source of the server crashing so often. Gonna have to fix my server settings for mani (IE: Freeze tk option causes server crash)