Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crash bug SOLUTION!

KrazyWolf Guest

I don't know if you didn't notice but I have a laptop, GC change is impossible lol. Anyways, So should i put the dxlevel to 70? or what do you recommend?

mullen1200 Guest

I just want to post that I was having this problem, and the solution fixed it perfectly. A+++ to original poster, Hope ya wina trip to hawaii!

ThunderDan Guest

Laptop - hmmm... some how I missed that... It could have been the misleading use of the word laptop or mobility radeon, or maybe I'm stupid, but anyway.

This page has a decent explanation of the different levels - link

This site shows that the Radeon 9000/9100 IGP defaults to 70 for HL2. The card technically supports 81 though. Your choice.

KrazyWolf Guest

Hey, Well I deleted the tweaking thing and just moved the files into that /manor folder and everything works fine. I can even run the game in high settings above recommended and it works absoulatly fine. Thank you guys. People like you make our lives easier Keep up the good work.

StevenT Guest

For which version is this "solution" actualy ?
    I am using Beta 4B, quite new to this game and forum (first post).
    I have searched around before posting this post for posts that would answer my question but sadly ...

My game crashes randomly (to desktop) and without error, i cant even find mdmp files (!!).
    Happened a few times when i press TAB to check out the score between end of round and new round start.
    And i think there is also a server part which makes all clients on the server to crash (??), not sure about this, but i saw everybody leaving and rejoining after i crashed. Will need some confirmation on this last one.

Anyhow, if I could fix my client side crashing problems I would be really happy.
    They are really random, sometimes i play for hours and hours straight, the next day it crashes after 10-30 mins, then again i can play for a few hours again... The crashing scares me more than getting killed by the Hidden :P

Cheesey Guest

As you might have noticed the first post here was done in 2006, so it's defenitely not B4b! (Might be B4a, but I'm not sure...)

I think Ging's answere would be something like

"Don't press ALT+TAB".... you can use the windowed mode if you have to change to the desktop often...

I think most crashes happen wheh the Hidden dies while "using" some object. Afaik this is a known issue that causes mass crashing/timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by QReaper View Post
    You are one sick (albeit ass kicking) bastard, you know that?

Hannibal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by -SM-SUCKER View Post
    I think most crashes happen wheh the Hidden dies while "using" some object. Afaik this is a known issue that causes mass crashing/timeouts.
    you can even crash a whole server if you do that.

the +using death doesn't crash the client... only the server.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.