Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Servers

Korittke Guest

Read the manual that shipped with your edition of Windows. Then return.

Alternatively, close all your windows and search for a button that says 'Start'. The button that says 'Start' is indeed the Start button. Click it. Search for 'Run'. Click it. Proceed from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ell nic
    click Start then Run, in the Run box type CMD and press enter CMD will now load, you need to type the following... click start then run on what exacly? and what is the CMD????????????
    I'm afraid you just proved my point for me...

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

eQu Guest

o dear, u want to run ur own server, but u dont know what CMD is..... :/
    you'll struglle my friend, CMD is basically is a DOS type program, to load CMD press your start button in the bottom left hand side of your desktop, then you should see RUN, u click this with your left hand mouse button, now a little box will appear towards the bottom of the screen, inside this box type CMD and press your enter button - the button that says enter on it!
    if you cant follow that, youll have no chance of running your own server.

i canny make this any simpler, unless i put loads screenshots with it..
    Last edited by eQu; 20th April 2007 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by eQu
    o dear, u want to run ur own server, but u dont know what CMD is..... :/
    you'll struglle my friend, CMD is basically is a DOS type program, to load CMD press your start button in the bottom right hand side of your desktop, then you should see RUN, u click this with your left hand mouse button, now a little box will appear towards the bottom of the screen, inside this box type CMD and press your enter button - the button that says enter on it!
    if you cant follow that, youll have no chance of running your own server.

i canny make this any simpler, unless i put loads screenshots with it..
    now that is the only thing i was stuck on thank you.
    and ging i am only 11 years old how am i supose to no what sertin thigs are!!!

Korittke Guest

If you're only 11, you could wait a couple of years until you start up your own server. And I'm not sure if Hidden or Half-Life 2 would be the right games for an 11-year old. It says 18+ in the intro.

now that is the only thing i was stuck on thank you.
    and ging i am only 11 years old how am i supose to no what sertin thigs are!!!
    You're aware of course that HL2 carries a mature / 15 certificate aren't you? Maybe you should go away and play something more suitable, like, oh, Mary King's Riding Star and Equstriad?

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    I want that game. now.

I have read the stickies - have you?

The answer to your suggestion is right here if you haven't:
    Dear god no, read the bloody stickies...

You're aware of course that HL2 carries a mature / 15 certificate aren't you? Maybe you should go away and play something more suitable, like, oh, Mary King's Riding Star and Equstriad?
    go on global stats and just see how good i am and so what if it is 18 you carnt exacly stop me

go on global stats and just see how good i am and so what if it is 18 you carnt exacly stop me
    I don't care how good you are, honestly I don't... I will however point out that if you are in the UK - whoever purchased HL2 for you broke the law and are the exact cause of why video games are shown in such a bad light in regards to kids getting access to games that are unsuitable for them.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios

metalking Guest

Hi!

I've tried to start a dedicated server with the first method, it means with source dedicated server, but i can't make my server work. I explain:

I start my server, then i indicate values for sv_lan 0 and sv_region 255, but my server is in the "Lan" server list, and not in the internet list... The ports are opened in my routeur (27015) but it doesn't appear in the right server list..

Can you help me?

Thx

(I dont speak english very well, cause i'm swiss)