It's just Hidden: SOurce right now :\

Mido Guest

I really wish someone would explain how to get the srcds thing going. T_T

Grattier Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mido
    I really wish someone would explain how to get the srcds thing going. T_T

Same here

EDIT:

I'm using Steam now for dedicated server.. and i edited launch options like this:
    -applaunch 205 -console -game "C:\Steam\SteamApps\myserver\source dedicated server\Hidden" -maxplayers 6 +map hdn_stalkyard

I didn't know commands and i would like to set a name to my server... (other than Hidden : Source). How should hi optimize my server and where can i found a list of server commands

My server run on P4 1.7, 512 Rambus with Windows 2K3 Server.
    My connection is Downstream (kbits/seconde) 3100 kb/s and Upstream (kbits/seconde) 800 kb/s

Thanks for help
    Last edited by Grattier; 28th March 2005 at 15:49.

evilhedgehog Guest

Default new instuctions

Ok, I got it to install by not doing anything with username and password. To set up, download the hlds update tool for hl2 from the steam website. Run the hldsupdatetool.exe by double clicking on it to update it. To install the ds, just type:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir c:\srcds

That is it, it will start updating. Then copy the \hidden folder from your \SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder to the c:\srcds folder and go from there.

Oh, I think to set the name of the server you can make a shortcut to srcds.exe and add the following:
    +hostname "my crazy hostname"
    and to do a password you can do:
    +sv_password mypassword
    and to limit the number of players you can do:
    -maxplayers 6

I think.....
    Last edited by evilhedgehog; 28th March 2005 at 23:14.

Grattier Guest

I'm not able to create a server with good ping.. i try many times and it didn't work...

My server run on P4 1.7, 512 Rambus with Windows 2K3 Server.
    My connection is Downstream (kbits/seconde) 3100 kb/s and Upstream (kbits/seconde) 800 kb/s and i'm from Quebec.

When i start a server, people always ping something between 500 - 1000 !!!

What is worng?? I start my dedicated with Steam but i add this command:
    -applaunch 205 +hostname "Hidden: Source" -console -game "C:\Steam\SteamApps\myserver\source dedicated server\Hidden" -maxplayers 6 +map hdn_stalkyard

Please help me!!!!

ATI4EVER! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evilhedgehog
    To set up, download the hldsupdatetool tool for hl2 from the steam website. Run the hldsupdatetool.exe by double clicking on it to update it. To install the ds, just type:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir c:\srcds

That is it, it will start updating. Then copy the \hidden folder from your \SteamApps\sourcemods\ folder to the c:\srcds folder and go from there.

YES! That is EXACTLY how to do it without using stem (it will run smooher since steam.exe uses up resources...).

Remember to put the Counter-Strike SOurce in quotation or else it will download the 1.6 files.

And if it accidently does start doing that you must delete all of the files it downloaded before you start again or it will give you an error about mixing source dedicated server and non source...

And you can use the GUI or command line with this too BTW.

To name it make a server.cfg and put it in your cfgs foler. To name it go..

hostname "BLA BLA BLA"

For reference if this was a CS:S server you would also put lines like this in the server.cfg

mp_timelimit 20
    mp_roundlimit 5
    mp_friendlyfire 1

log on ("log" stands for a log as in to log info, not as in logging into a forum)

etc. etc.

In THEORY using hldsupdatetool wont lag as much as with steam, for example my server (for css) has fairly high pings yet people do not lag.

If your server DOES start lagging you can enter your task manager (ctrl+alt del) and find srcds.exe in the processes tab, or in the first tab right click your server and click "go to process". Once you get there right click it, set priority---HIGH. (click yes to the warning message.)
    Last edited by ATI4EVER!; 29th March 2005 at 17:40.

BlueBall Guest

There are now more password protected servers than open ones
    Last edited by BlueBall; 29th March 2005 at 19:44.

evilhedgehog Guest

So go make friends with whatever group has them up and get the password. Often they have the password listed on their irc channel or website.

Passworded Servers are retarded tbh

We'll probably find a way to hardcode steamid of the team to get into passworded servers....or something equally sneaky
    Twitter @Gusdor

If you want to code that gus... you go ahead my lad

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)