Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Changelog

I just noticed the new hidden selection is not on the list. Did you guys implement it and forgot to add it to the list? Or was it scraped?

SoulAssassin Guest

looks good. Cant wait for next beta release.

whoppa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Night Raider
    I just noticed the new hidden selection is not on the list. Did you guys implement it and forgot to add it to the list? Or was it scraped?
    Hidden selection? huh? What's that?

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showt...?t=2882&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    The final "major" change (all the changes we're making are fairly major but some of them are so background that they're minor to the players") is an alteration to the hidden selection method. Rather than using the current "he who kills, becomes" we're swapping to a weighting system, whereby working as a team and staying close to team mates will improve your chances of being selected to play as 617.

Weighting will of course also be assigned for damage done and getting the kill, but you'll get more weighting for killing 617 near a team mate (and hence possibly saving him) and for using the 303 (capturing him alive). You will lose weighting for team damage (including hitting them with the 303) and massive amounts for killing a team mate (to the point where you'll have to work extra hard to get a chance back again). Your weighting will be permanently set to zero if you choose to forfeit hidden selection.

whoppa Guest

Ah, right... ty. I think they're working on it or it's just forgotten to list, like you said...

Uhm... if you play as Iris and you have 5-10% hp left, will there be a blur screen or a slower movement, worse aiming? more Realistic? Or just give the Iris a stamina bar, too. Because always-iris-jumper are a thorn in my side.. and as noob i sometimes missed pigsticking them, and with a stamina decrease by every jumping, this thing is gone...

.. muh

It's not going to be in for the march release - it's a major undertaking that we want to do after GDC / IGF.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

Inflames007 Guest

So will you be showing there a treiler and explaining the fetures the trailer shows, or you would actually show the game on a computer?

we'll be showing the actual game.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios

-<<SyycK>>- Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    - Scoreboard should now show all players.
    Didnt yall say that last time...?

One more thing... can you add 'australian player base' to that list... please?

Yeah - but note the "should"

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios