Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST! Mercs, Easy to understand tech support FAQ!

Default READ FIRST! Mercs, Easy to understand tech support FAQ!

Welcome to mercs, easy to understand tech support FAQ, for people with problems when playing hidden, read me first!

Last Update: 9/1/2006

remember to enable your developers console, the option can be found under controls and advanced controls under your options!

Key-
    Blue = Problem Question
    Red = Problem Question for people who use computers too much
    Green = Problem Resolution

- I cant see anything as the Hidden, everything is completely blank.
    - Teh n00bz haxked m3h! 1 c@nt s3E 4 th1nG 4s H1dD3nz0R?! h0w d0 1 b4n th15 n00b?!?!?!
    - The problem lies within your graphics card which cannot display the hiddens vision overlay shader! to resolve this, simply open your console, and type "cl_hvision 0"

- I cant see the Hidden at all! i just keep dying without seeing a thing!
    - WtF!? s0m3 dUde k33pS h4x 1nvisb1E !!?! H3 shoUld B baNNd!!!!!111!!!11!
    - Ok a few things, one is this could be down to your actual vision, if your having problems visually seeing him, open the IRIS tutorial and follow it around till you find the hiddens capture room. use "sv_cheats 1" and then "noclip 1" and fly into the glass room, then use "noclip 0" to make it easier to move about. the hidden IS in here, so look carefully and you can see him... still having problems? use "mat_wireframe 1" and look around till you see him, pop him once with pistol, he will stop moving, get him in your view and turn "mat_wireframe 0" off, now see if you can see him..

- I STILL CANT SEE THE HIDDEN!!! IM ON THE VERGE OF CRYING!!! HELP!!!!!!
    - T3h!!111 Merci h4x n00b LoL!
    - Check your detail settings, the hidden is a hell of a lot more difficult to see on low shader settings. turn them up to high and see if it makes a difference!, also make sure your "mat_dxlevel" is set to 90. if its not, do it!

- Errrrmmm.... why are all the textures missing and stuff? all i get is Error models and purple and black textures...
    - WTF! n00b M0dderz0r j00 FagZ! LOL! duN ev3n kn0w how 2 m4|c3 4 m0d!!! LoL!!!!11111111!one!
    - Sounds like you have installed only the update and not the client. download the latest client build HERE.

- Urrrrrr.... why do i keep getting error "map differs from server"???
    - WTF! BS!!!!1! I DL'd TEH S4AME 1 AS EEVRY1 3LSE!
    - You havent updated your client. click HERE and download either the latest client build, or the update.

- Hidden is black.... i dont want to cheat i want to play fair, its no fun knowing were the hidden is all the time...
    - LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL! UR ALL GUNNA FOKIN LOZE!!!! 1 H4V3 H1Dd3n Sp00t1nG Ski11Z!!!!!! 1 C4n S33 Teh H1dd3N 3a5y W1THE MEH 7800 GTX!! LOL!!!!!
    - Likely you graphics card drivers are outdated, or your graphics card itself is. this problem commonly occurs with the ATI Radeon 9200 series. to fix this problem, download the latest ATI or NVIDIA Drivers, if this doesnt work, then you need to update your hardware, a good british site is HERE

- Strange, i was just playing hidden, when i tried to kill a camper with my third grenade but it didnt explode! it just dissapeared! any ideas Dr Merc?
    - OMG!! ****ING BS! H3 W0ULD H4V3 L05T 1F D4T L45T N4D3 W0ULD 4V 3XPL0D3Dz0R! B4N H1M Pl$ 4DM1N!!!111!3lev3n!11 B4N! b4n1 B4n! b4n! B4N! b4n1 B4n! b4n! B4N! b4n1 n00b F4g! B4N! b4n1 B4n! b4n!!!1111111!
    - Its a Source engine core problem, apparently CS:S has the same problem. this occurs when the mb is held on the last grenade only. make sure you tap throw the last grenade!

- Hmmmm, some guy seems to be firing his pistol like a machine gun?! is that meant to happen?
    - LoL! ! 1kn0w hw 2 f1r3 m3h p1st0l l1k3 an MG LOL!!!!11! Pwn ZE n00bS!
    - apparently its something to do with the animation, it should be fixed in the next update. but for now, bare with it!

- Why can i only use the pigstick once then i have to wait because, i hit the button and it doesnt do anything.
    - Errrrm n00bz0r M0ds d0esnt3 w0rk teh p1gst1k pr0p3rLy! WTF?
    - Another animation bug, the attack still plays, so although the knife doesnt move, the attack still plays. so keep killing! bare with this one, should be fixed anytime soon.

- What is overrun?
    - WTF 1s 0verrun??!1
    - Overrun is a mode the devs put in for the newer players to experience gameplay as the hidden. as far as i am aware, it is recieving work. basically, if you get killed as a marine, you turn into a hidden. rounds are quick, and gameplay is extremely difficult. if your the last marine surviving its "survival/hunt" time, which is 15 seconds long by default. if the marine survives this long, he gets extra points at the end of the round. the last marine spawns as the first hidden the next round.

- What are the hiddens abilities?
    - WTF c4n teh n00bish 617 do?
    - Hidden is very versatile, each player has a seperate gameplay style. heres some features that can help you customize your gameplay style:

Pounce = Shift by default, used to move quickly, and best used at an angle to gain height. Consumes stamina.
    Slash = Basic attack (mb1), 3 hits can kill a marine. (the only way hidden can kill and preserve a body)
    Pigstick = Secondary attack (mb2), kills the marine instantly, 1.5 second charge or something around that time.
    Pipebombs = Hiddens only ranged wep, EVER! (for those of you who want to suggest throwing knives) press Q to quickly switch, 3 per round. remember, to tap and the last grenade. Note: Hidden does not have pipebombs in Overrun mode.
    Objects = E By default, hidden has the ability to pick up objects, and throw with slash button, drop again with E.
    Wall cling = A more advanced feature of the hidden that requires practice and careful use. Tap shift to pounce towards a wall, and tap it again. you will now "cling to the wall", consumes a lot of stamina. so be warned.
    Body Feeding = Must be a preserved body to feed off. a body can be preserved by slash killing. can consume 25hp per body. to feed, slash the preserved body.
    Body Pinning = Must be in close proximity to a wall, and tap secondary attack key (mb2 by default), requires practice to get it right all the time!

- Im having problems, i cant play the tutorial, i keep getting a message saying theres a problem with validation of my steam account!
    - WTF? NUBZ! j00 5cr3wD MY STEAM Acc0unT UP!!!! OMG!
    - Before you play the tutorial, open the console up on the menu screen and type "sv_lan 1", now it should work.

and that concludes my FAQ Guide! ill add more as time progresses (if the team are kind enough to pin this topic for me!)

- Merc
    Last edited by Merciless; 9th January 2006 at 19:12.

Informative and funny, just what newbies need!

Red = Problem Question for people who use computers too much
    Pmsfl Pownzored 11 1 1 111111 lmao

Cruel

glad you guys like it! took me a while, but hopefully if it gets pinned (fingers crossed) it will stop us writing that "cl_hvision 0" thing, which i am getting so fondly used to typing XD

I'll admit, I really only read the red part. Good stuff.
    Dispossible a fetter hein and bemay kine a sinder's tock.

GIGAR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless
    Body Feeding = Must be a preserved body to feed off. a body can be preserved by slash killing. can consume 25hp per body. to feed, slash the preserved body.
    Thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx
    Or in other words: THANKS!!!!!!!

IamwatchingU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Demented
    I'll admit, I really only read the red part. Good stuff.
    T3h R3d p4rt 1s 0NLY 3NGL1SH!1!11!!!!!1! 0TH3R P4RTZ M3K31NG N0 S3NZ0R WTF?! N00B pwn ST1CKY FTL b4n!

Payback Guest

Exclamation

Body Pinning = Must be in close proximity to a wall, and tap secondary attack key (mb2 by default), requires practice to get it right all the time!

AFAIK, you must be clinging to the wall, not just close. If not, it's sure easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Payback
    AFAIK, you must be clinging to the wall, not just close. If not, it's sure easier that way.
    Lately I've been managing to pin now and again without a grab at all - I just tap when I would hit pounce/grab if I were going to grab. Seems to work well, although sometimes I mistime it and the body just falls.

But it definitely is easier to grab then pin.

One thing was certain, that the white kitten had had nothing to do with it - it was the black kitten's fault entirely.

YoMother Guest

This should be updated for beta 3.