Thread: Hidden Server - SteamCMD Issues

Default Hidden Server - SteamCMD Issues

I'm creating a dedicated server with SteamCMD (HLDSUpdateTool dead).

I followed a tutorial and installed APP 205 (SRCDS) and APP 215 (Source SDK Base 2006). And then downloaded from the Webpage this files:

• Beta 4b Dedicated Server package
    • Beta 4b Dedicated Server Update 1

I configured the server.cfg and set the launch option correctly. I also forwarded the ports succesfully.

When i started the server i noticed that every one could join via console but the server was not appearing at the ServerList. To fix this i added the following commands to my server.cfg file:

sv_master_legacy_mode 0
    setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
    setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
    heartbeat

After that modification server now appears at the ServerList but if anyone wants to join it displays a Version Mismatch Error.

I read a lot of online forums and everyone says that since Valve updated the SDK files a lot of servers have the same issues. But when i browse the Hidden Source ServerList i can join a lot of server.

Can anyone help me please

Thanks

see this thread, mainly the last post by me. I'm using that method for a while now and it seems to work.. no idea why *shrug*

Default No Luck

Quote Originally Posted by phit View Post
    see this thread, mainly the last post by me. I'm using that method for a while now and it seems to work.. no idea why *shrug*
    That was one of the posts i read. I tried your settings two times but the error keeps appearing.

I deleted the files to match your install and add you command line to server.cfg - I also tested the server with and without "-verify_all -retry" launch parameters but nothing seems to work.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I did this:

1. C:\SteamCMD\SteamCMD.exe
    2. Login Anonymous
    3. force_install_dir "C:\SteamCMD\Hidden_SRV\"
    4. app_update 205 validate (SRCDS)
    5. app_update 215 validate (Source SDK Base 2006 - Episode One)
    6. Download and Extract "hsb4b-full.zip" from official download page (Hidden Source Dedicated Server Full Package)
    7. Download and Extract hidden-beta4b1-server.zip (Missing Head Patch)
    8. Delete necessary files to match you setup
    9. Add your MasterServers commands to Server.cfg at "C:\SteamCMD\Hidden_SRV\hidden\cfg\"
    10. Create bat file with this parameters: "-console -game hidden +map hdn_docks -maxplayers 9 -autoupdate -verify_all -retry"

I also tried a setup using "hsb4b-full.zip", "hsb4b-update.zip" and "hidden-beta4b1-server.zip".
    I also tried with and without "-verify_all -retry"
    I also tried using default install without deleting folders or files

Thanks for your help
    Alejandro D. Benzoni

I make a reply to you. But is awaiting aprooval.

I did what you said in that post. In fact that was one of the post i read and try. No luck for me.

If you can see my reply to your reply there is a detailed guide about what i did and try.

Hope you can see it. If not tell me and i'll make it again.

Thanks
    Alejandro D. Benzoni

Quote Originally Posted by knupson View Post
    That was one of the posts i read. I tried your settings two times but the error keeps appearing.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I did this:

Thanks for your help
    Yeah, that's exactly how it should work :/
    Try letting the server run for a few hours without "-verify_all -retry" and then try to connect over the serverlist, otherwise I really have no idea.

Maybe someone else has more ideas, sorry and good luck!

Default Thanks

Try letting the server run for a few hours without "-verify_all -retry" and then try to connect over the serverlist, otherwise I really have no idea.

I'll try that today and post the results here. Thanks a lot for your assistance.
    Alejandro D. Benzoni

You are a genius. I started the server this morning and joined without problems this afternoon.

Thanks a lot

[UPDATE]

After a server reset it's not working again. 8 Hours passed by now and i'm getting missmatch version again.
    Last edited by knupson; 4th September 2014 at 11:38.
    Alejandro D. Benzoni