Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Hidden-Source F.A.Q.

PanFrie Guest

update maybe? the weapons are still only the p90 and the shotty.

CrackerMan Guest

Question technical help : /

I'm loving the whole concept of this mod and i havnt found anything i dont think i like about it so far. I've only been playing it for about 4 days, however, im finding it hard to keep on playing the mod because every now and then about 50/50 chance that when the hidden gets killed that my game freezes for about 30+ seconds and then closes and i go back to my destop.
    Now i had thought that it might have something to do with my video settings so i played about with them trying out different levels (including turning off the shader and changing the low-high details of some graphics on the advanced option on the multiplayer tab of the options menu, guessing that since every other mod and the hl2 game itself run perfectly that its probably this hidden source mod itself) but still no matter how much i change the video settings i still end up crashing every now and then when the hidden dies. Because of this i'm losing the will to wait until i end up back at the desktop then running the game again and again having to wait to eventually get on a server and hope for atleast a few rounds before my game will enevitably crash again.

i would love to keep playing this mod (crash free ) and would appreciate any insight on how to fix this annoying bug!!

thx

EDIT : i have also tryed reinstalling and redownloading the mod but havnt had any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerMan
    i would love to keep playing this mod (crash free ) and would appreciate any insight on how to fix this annoying bug!!
    well for one this goes in bugs, and two what are your system specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    Please, if you find anything in the form of a command or specific action that would work as an exploit (such as making 617 more visible), please PM the issue to a member of the dev team and do NOT create a thread about it.

Such threads will be edited or deleted with out notification and you will be informed of your general level of stupidity if you question why it's happened.

CrackerMan Guest

Processor Information:
    Vendor: AuthenticAMD
    Speed: 1682 Mhz
    1 logical processor
    1 physical processor
    HyperThreading: Unsupported
    RDTSC: Supported
    CMOV: Supported
    FCMOV: Supported
    SSE: Supported
    SSE2: Unsupported
    3DNOW: Supported

Video Card:
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
    DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.10.8195
    DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.8195
    Driver Date: 11 Nov 2005
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
    VendorID: 0x10de
    DeviceID: 0x201
    Number of Monitors: 1
    Number of Video Cards: 1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Type: CRT
    Primary Bus: AGP 4x
    Primary AGP GART: 64 MB
    Primary VRAM: 128 MB
    Primary Monitor Vendor: Hansol
    Primary Monitor Model: Hansol Analog Display
    Supported MSAA Modes Not Detected
    Memory:
    RAM: 511 Mb

(just copyed it from steam system info :P)

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerMan

Video Card:
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

(just copyed it from steam system info :P)
    Thats the problem mate, Your video card isnt good enough to render the game the way its supposed to be, and with this build sub dx7 cards caush crashes.
    your best bet is a new card, I recommend www.newegg.com and a cheap dx9 card is 40-50 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ging
    Please, if you find anything in the form of a command or specific action that would work as an exploit (such as making 617 more visible), please PM the issue to a member of the dev team and do NOT create a thread about it.

Such threads will be edited or deleted with out notification and you will be informed of your general level of stupidity if you question why it's happened.

crans Guest

I have a FAQ, well I'm not sure if it's FA but you get my jist (however you spell it). I know it's possible to play H:S with HL2M only but is it possible to play it with CS:S? I own all three but i couldnt be fugged re-downloading it. Curse you 256k internet speed!!

livingdeadmeat Guest

Default Another Question

I get a "failed to open authentication library" message on trying to open the tutorial...why is this?

Phaedrus Guest

Plug that into the search. You will find it in no time.

livingdeadmeat Guest

Well, i found it, eventually, after digging through 30 odd "Use the search bar" fixes...if this is stickied somewhere i haven't found it...
    Last edited by livingdeadmeat; 27th February 2007 at 17:55.

Ice Guest

Hi,

I have a question, maybe it's a stupid one but I don't know it.
    The game you need to play this mod = Half-Life 2. But is it enough to only have Half-Life 2: Deathmatch?
    Because I'm going to buy myself this game and I saw this mod a few times and I like it . So is it possible to play the mod with this package: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....SubId=42&cc=BE

Thx in advice
    Greetz, Ice