Thread: Failed to start game (Missing Executable) / Game gone.

Question Failed to start game (Missing Executable) / Game gone.

Recently, I went to play with friends when my game failed to authorize. Not a problem, so I thought. I relaunched the game and still couldn't join. I decided to revalidate my game files, as I was told that could be the problem. When I went to relaunch the game, It couldn't find the executable. I didn't do much after that. The next day (today) I went to play and it still wasn't working. I went to the sourcemods folder in my steam folder and the entirety of the hidden was gone. All the files. I tried to reinstall it but the installer just kept skipping everything. It isn't in my recycling bin or anything. Any advice is better than no advice. Thanks!

-Jkjkelly1

Same thing here!!! First time installing and won't install! Please if anyone has an answer to this, please answer it! <3

Try renaming your sourcemods folder to something else like sourcemodsBAK and install Hidden again.
    Also check if Source SDK Base is installed in /SteamApps/common/. Check if it has its executable. If not, go to Steam > Tools and revalidate Source SDK Base 2006.