Thread: Lag from only Walking

Default Lag from only Walking

I've seen a few issues with people having lag with mouse movements, but I have issues with lag when walking and IRIS member (Space bar) jumping. As the hidden I don't seem to have much issues using the hidden jump and hitting a knife slash. But I have issues when I walk or use space bar the screen seems to jitter like the character is just teleporting little increments instead of a smooth walking. I forwarded my ports for steam and valve games and didn't find it to fix. I get about 30-90ms for sever connections. I don't have issues with games like L4D2 or TF2. If I stand still I don't get any lag at all. So I tend to become a sentry gun while playing. It didn't used to be like this when I started playing, but coming back to the game I have experienced this.
    I also don't have any sweetpacks in my program list and I have done a full virus scan last week to be clean.

Is it the same thing if you "just" walk as Hidden?
    How does it feel exactly? Like you get 10 Fps?

You should check you're Fps ingame.

If you dont know how:

Go to Steam Library -> right click Hidden Source -> Properties -> Set Launch Option -> Write in -console without Spacebar.
    Go Ingame press ESC -> Type in Console net_graph 1 -> Play

Tell me if you get any Fps drops while this issue happens.

I get 100-200 fps standing and walking I get the same, if I have to say a number it would be in the high of that range staying close to 190fps. I did the offline training thing and I get no stuttering at all. So I assume it's internet/sever based problem.

-------add
    The confusing part is that no matter what ping I get from the sever it seems to not get any better or worse.
    Last edited by CynicalRose; 26th November 2013 at 23:53.