Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden is totally invisible?

I'd already tried the re-install, so I defragmented and validated, but the problem still prevails. I ran the video test too in Source SDK 2006 - everything was smooth as hell, and it said my average framerate was 108.77fps. I had a good search through the forums and tried everything before posting here. Sorry to be a pain, thanks for the help so far. I would really love to get this fixed ^^

Still not found a fix for the Hidden's "total invisibility" problem either. When I joined a match to test out the mouse lag, I couldn't see the Hidden at all (not even an outline) when he was carrying something in front of the camera.

A large rock orbiting a larger ball of fire

No worries mate, here in the forums, as long as you don't type with capslock speaking like a ignorant buffoon we will always enjoy solving problems; it gives us a solution that we can use in the future. Regarding your issues with Hidden, can you play other Source games fine, like Left 4 Dead, Half Life: Source, etc?
    Use the search function for questions-It really works!

I wonder if when you messed with the console you some how deleted the "Heat Wave" affect on the hidden, without that effect the hidden is completely invisible, the effect is the only thing making him somewhat visible.

On maps that have vents do you see the Steam/Heat Wave effect?

I have L4D2 and Half-Life 2, and they both play fine.

In response to Zoeo, that's what I think too - I don't see the heatwave effect when I look at the vents anymore either, it just looks like smoke/steam.

What does your console say when you enter "mat_dx level"?
    If it's anything other than 90, "mat_dx level 90" should fix your visibility problems.

"You are austrian btw. Hitler was austrian.
    Good to know where you are leeching your comments from."

- E.s|Chuck (German)

Yes that was it! Thank you so much Flow ^^
    Turned out that it said "mat_dxlevel 80" when I typed it in, when I changed it to 90 I could see him on the cameras again. Thank you

Now it's just the mouse lag that needs solving...do you want me to start a new thread for that, or keep replying here?

V-Sync likes to cause mouse lag if you're having slight performance issues, so disabling that might fix it.

"You are austrian btw. Hitler was austrian.
    Good to know where you are leeching your comments from."

- E.s|Chuck (German)

Tried that I'm afraid, it made no difference - plus I've been playing this game with v-sync on for months, and it was completely smooth and fine.

When did you start seeing mouse lag?

Think back to a time when it was working, and then think about what you did from the time that it was working to next time it wasn't working, and try to undo it like maybe a download or something else.

It only started lagging about a week or two ago. Me and a couple of friends made a LAN server through Hamachi. At first the lag was playable, but now it's totally unplayable as it cuts audio as well as video whenever I move the mouse. I did also connect my Microsoft Lifecam up to the laptop for the first time in a while. Surely Hamachi couldn't have caused the problem though? :/