Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game's running slow.

Default Game's running slow.

The weird part? It's just The Hidden. Every other source game is fine.

I re-installed it, but the problem still persists.

As soon as I get into the menu, moving my mouse around is hard on its own. Very slow/sluggish response time, and overall lag in-game as well as that "slowness".

No idea what caused this, as I've never encountered this problem before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    John.

Anyone?

A large rock orbiting a larger ball of fire

I don't really know what the issue could be. Can you run Source SDK 2006 just fine? Try validating and defragmenting it if you can.
    Use the search function for questions-It really works!

I validated and defragmented both the Source SDK 2006 and 2007. Issue still persists.

I tried doing the same with The Hidden itself, but it somehow appears as a non-steam mod or shortcut in my games library, which means the local content tab isn't available, and thus, those validate and defragment options aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by ado921 View Post
    Can you run Source SDK 2006 just fine?
    What about that part?
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

You may be having the same issue I'm having

Is it only happening when you move the mouse? Like if you walk without moving the mouse does it play normally? I'm getting that at the moment and it just started today, everything was working fine yesterday, I wonder what is causing it...

And yes Source SDK 2006 works perfectly fine even if I move the mouse, so it's not Source SDK 2006 it's Hidden.

EDIT: My issue has been fixed, the issue is caused by a virus disguised as a toolbar called Sweetpacks, if you have any toolbars or anything you downloaded recently search in google what it is and how to get rid of it, don't know if it'll help you but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Zoeo; 26th May 2013 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeo View Post
    You may be having the same issue I'm having

Is it only happening when you move the mouse? Like if you walk without moving the mouse does it play normally? I'm getting that at the moment and it just started today, everything was working fine yesterday, I wonder what is causing it...

And yes Source SDK 2006 works perfectly fine even if I move the mouse, so it's not Source SDK 2006 it's Hidden.

EDIT: My issue has been fixed, the issue is caused by a virus disguised as a toolbar called Sweetpacks, if you have any toolbars or anything you downloaded recently search in google what it is and how to get rid of it, don't know if it'll help you but it's worth a try.
    Yes, I can run Source SDK 2006 perfectly

I'm experiencing exactly what you've been experiencing, except I couldn't find any additional toolbars installed. How do i check if I have any of them up in here? Control panel looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline View Post
    Yes, I can run Source SDK 2006 perfectly

I'm experiencing exactly what you've been experiencing, except I couldn't find any additional toolbars installed. How do i check if I have any of them up in here? Control panel looks clean.
    If you're having the same issue I'm having then it might be caused by virus on your computer, what you want to do is run a virus scan and make sure you're clean, if you don't find a virus then check your uninstall/reinstall and if you see something that looks very suspicious look it up on google before uninstalling it, also look for a program called SweetPacks in your uninstall/reinstall, IF by chance you see anything from SweetPacks go here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sweetpacks-toolbar/ and follow those instructions, it may seem tedious but it got it off my computer, the last step is kind of prone to finding False-Positive viruses, if it finds it on something that you know it is okay then just leave it be.

If you don't find anything you think is weird, then try to remember back when Hidden used to work and then try to remember when it didn't if you can think of something you downloaded within that time period, and look on google to find out about it, if the game has always been like this then I truly don't know want to tell you :\.

NOTE: if you have do find something from SweetPacks on your computer and have to follow that tutorial to remove it, then any toolbars you have up and want to keep, you'll have to redownload them because one of the steps will erase it.

NOTE2: If you find a virus still check the uninstall/reintall just incase.
    Last edited by Zoeo; 28th May 2013 at 19:36.

Re-installing it didn't help. I found no toolbars whatsoever in my machine, which is also virus free :/

What do I do? D: How can I fix this? Please, someone

Hmm, if this last tip doesn't work then I have no idea what to tell you.

Go to Control Panel>Uninstall a Program.
    Press "Publisher" to view by who it's published by.
    Scroll down to the S part and see is there is anything called "Sweet IM" "SweetPacks Updater" and/or "SweetPack IE9" or something like that.

If it's there uninstall it, if it's not then I really have no idea how to fix your issue, it helped the guy in this thread: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showt...nu-and-in-game