Thread: dont know how to set up my wn online server for m and my friends

Default dont know how to set up my wn online server for m and my friends

hello... I am fairly new to the hidden source game and I have absolutely no clue on how to set up a new server for me and my friends to play the game together.. I can set up a lan server.... but I cant set one up so when I am home they can play.. if anyone can help me that would be awesome... also I know like nothing on how to o like folders and stuff like that so anyone who can tolerate a "noob" would be welcome as well.. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

and I would also love it was private for me and my friends only... if I wanted to play with other people that I didn't know then I would just join someone elses..

you need to find out your public ip address (http://www.whatsmyip.org/) forward ports on your router for your pc (http://portforward.com/) and ensure that you set sv_lan to 0 in your config.cfg or in the console. I recommend you set a password, so others can't join your server without your permission.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

is this the easiest way to do it? cause I have no clue how to port forward :/

yea I cant figure this out and I don't want to pay someone to forward ports for me... is there a way to do this with Hamachi??

if you read through the portforward link Ging posted, you'll find instructions on how to forward your own ports on your own router.

Hamachi is just another layer of complication imo.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.