Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cant launch the game / HL2.exe crash

Default The game craches instantly.

So for like a week now I have the same problem, it occured when I changed my setting to the max. And everytime I start up the game 1 10th of the screen is just cut off and replaced with my background image and just craches. Nothing else happends after that it just return to what ever I had opened and pretends like I never started the game :/ . I tried reinstalling half life 2, sdk 2006/2007 ,The Hidden I even removed the Hidden files from my steam mods folder and replaced it with my brother his files, but still the same stupid issue.

I hope you guys can help me with this problem,

Greetings,

Udarz

A large rock orbiting a larger ball of fire

Open up the launch options for the game and put -autoconfig
    Use the search function for questions-It really works!

Quote Originally Posted by ado921 View Post
    Open up the launch options for the game and put -autoconfig
    Thank you so much, you are my HERO!

Virus i have tried most of the stuff to fix the hidden not starting up, and none of it works D:i have tried setting the launch options, reinstalling source SDK base 2006 but still won't work. Please Help!

If you cannot run this then your Source SDK Base 2006 is broken and you're plain out of luck. Hidden:Source will not work.

Feel free to hammer on valve's door about the Source SDK Base 2006 not working through...
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    If you cannot run this then your Source SDK Base 2006 is broken and you're plain out of luck. Hidden:Source will not work.

Feel free to hammer on valve's door about the Source SDK Base 2006 not working through...
    so, there is NOTHING anyone can do about it?

what if someone who can get Hidden: Source working puts up a download for their old SDK copy?

Found something that fixed the crashing at startup problem(at least here). Neither The Hidden or Source SDK Base 2006 were running on my pc, so after searching the interwebs for a while, I found that changing the steam language to "English" could solve the problem. And so it did. I had disabled Steam community while in game prior to that, don't know if it was just the language change or both the language and the in game steam community thing.