Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant launch the game / HL2.exe crash

Then I'm afraid your problem lies with the source sdk base 2006.
    Have you made sure to delete the 2006 local game content AND the .../steam/steamapps/ACCOUNT/source sdk base 2006/ folder?

If so then I'm stumped. Post a support query at steam and see what they say, if anything.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Unhappy Dang....

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    Then I'm afraid your problem lies with the source sdk base 2006.
    Have you made sure to delete the 2006 local game content AND the .../steam/steamapps/ACCOUNT/source sdk base 2006/ folder?

If so then I'm stumped. Post a support query at steam and see what they say, if anything.
    Well... this sucks lol. Half life 2 is working fine? just not sdk source base 2006. 2007 works. Why me?!

Same problem dhaley

yea so i posted this thread here -> http://forum.hidden-source.com/showt...-game-to-start

The game just crashes, after i made the post i poked around the forum and followed the steps bellow

You need Source SDK Base 2006 installed.

Added by Paegus on 17 June 2013:
    Make sure you can run the Source SDK Base 2006 found under the Tools section of your Steam client.

If you cannot run that please try this or contact Steam support for help. We cannot assist further and making a new thread about it will net you a link to this Sticky thread.

If you can run the Source SDK Base 2006 then:

Try adding -autoconfig to the launch options under Games > Hidden Source > Right-Click > Launch Options
    Last edited by Paegus; Yesterday at 15:55.

And i updated the thread i opened saying that the instructions from Paegus didn't work ( don't know why the reply isn't there), the source sdk 2006 keeps crashing after i install it
    I even followed steps here for the sdk 2006 problem http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1100021 in Gaining ownership to the file, still nothing.

I don't know what else to do, i tried everything that you guys said, and still nothing so far :/

i tried downloading the sdk 2007 thingy, that one works but you guys clearly said 2006...so i`m waiting for a reply or something :/ really wanna play the game, looks awesome. please help

yea so i posted this thread here -> http://forum.hidden-source.com/showt...-game-to-start

The game just crashes, after i made the post i poked around the forum and followed the steps bellow

You need Source SDK Base 2006 installed.

Added by Paegus on 17 June 2013:
    Make sure you can run the Source SDK Base 2006 found under the Tools section of your Steam client.

If you cannot run that please try this or contact Steam support for help. We cannot assist further and making a new thread about it will net you a link to this Sticky thread.

If you can run the Source SDK Base 2006 then:

Try adding -autoconfig to the launch options under Games > Hidden Source > Right-Click > Launch Options
    Last edited by Paegus; Yesterday at 15:55.

And i updated the thread i opened saying that the instructions from Paegus didn't work ( don't know why the reply isn't there), the source sdk 2006 keeps crashing after i install it
    I even followed steps here for the sdk 2006 problem http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1100021 in Gaining ownership to the file, still nothing.

I don't know what else to do, i tried everything that you guys said, and still nothing so far :/

i tried downloading the sdk 2007 thingy, that one works but you guys clearly said 2006...so i`m waiting for a reply or something :/ really wanna play the game, looks awesome. please help

ratchetclan4 Guest

Problem may be to do with WMI, i reinstalled windows using an upgrade install and i still cannot run the game.
    what graphic cards are we all using?
    i have an ati 7950
    this might be a problem with ATI Cards

hey i tried doing the same thing but keeps saying that its busy

hey i tried doing the sdk thing but it keeps saying that its busy

Okay, I have had a problem for about a couple days now. I am able to start up the hidden source mod easily and with no hassle but when i wish to join a server I receive a HL2.exe crash error right when i get to the MOTD. Please help