Thread: textures/graphics

Default textures/graphics

2012-10-14_00004.jpg2012-10-14_00008.jpg2012-10-14_00002.jpg2012-10-14_00009.jpg2012-10-14_00003.jpg2012-10-14_00006.jpg2012-10-14_00007.jpg2012-10-14_00001.jpgi recently downloaded the hidden and when i launched it, i had some problems. on the guns, and ammo, hands, corpses, and all the other things are missing things. like they had gaps in them. and when i reload my guns, the hand stretches and the ammo clip stretches and the corpse has little holes too. so pretty much everything stretches and has holes and gaps. any help? thank you. (if you can't see the images, then i will have them emailed to you.)
    Last edited by Kyle; 16th October 2012 at 00:41. Reason: screenshots

Do you also happen to see the hidden better?
    Sparks

no i do not. everything is all stretchy but only when i reload or anything like that. and other items/things as well

Great way to start the conversation sparks, no seriously props to you bro. /sarcasm off

On topic: Do you have this situation with more games then just this one. Or is this prevelant only in hidden:source.

If it shows up in more then this mod then it could be your video card. If it's only in this one then there might have been a few file corruptions somewhere, you can try to fix that by either redownloading it from a secure site (like moddb) or playing around with your graphics settings a bit and see if that fixes the issues at hand.

Edit: Also, i just thought of this, if you could make a screenshot of what you experience it'd give us a much better look at whatever is going on in your game and thus formulate an opinion and/or solution better. Thank you for your efforts.
    I lots of lost the idea of behind these forum when because i not could understood the everything that said was here... (Grammatical skills, because it is something we should all possess.)

- Well you mite not be hacking cus i was right infront of you several tiems and you didn't always c me, but mabe you have altered your textures to see the hidden better? - Bananenbrei, failing to understand that the hidden uses a shader instead of a texture...

it is just with this mod. and i did redownload it from modb but i haven't played around with my graphics setting. i do not think it is my graphics card because o play other games and it works just fine. and i will upload a few images. thanks!

Tried updating your video card's drivers?
    Sparks

^ Good tip right there. You'd be amazed what a few up-to-date drivers can do for the performance of your games.
    I lots of lost the idea of behind these forum when because i not could understood the everything that said was here... (Grammatical skills, because it is something we should all possess.)

- Well you mite not be hacking cus i was right infront of you several tiems and you didn't always c me, but mabe you have altered your textures to see the hidden better? - Bananenbrei, failing to understand that the hidden uses a shader instead of a texture...

as a matter of fact i just did

And it's fixed now? That might be an important tidbit to share since just simply stating "yup i just updated my drivers" is a bit...it simply doesn't tell us enough info. :P

So you updated your drivers and the solution is now fixed: yes or no?

yes and no when i change the resolution, it doesn't get all stretchy like before but it will still have gaps or messed up textures and the game would be fuzzy or something.