Thread: NSIS installer error?

Question NSIS installer error?

I recently found out about this game, and decided to give it a try. I went to the main website, and downloaded the installer from moddb.com. But when it tried to open, an error message appeared, saying, "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch. (NOT RECOMMENDED)." Since I'm sure that the installer had no viruses, I tried downloading it again and got the same error. I then looked into the /NCRC command line switch, and then tried using it in console. Just as several different tutorials said, I dragged the file into my console window to copy the file location, and then hit space once and typed /NCRC. But rather than skipping the security measure, the same exact error came up again. PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything I can think of, and can't find any way to make it work. I've tried downloading it from other sites but could find none. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Looks like the download was corrupted. You'll need yo redownload i from a different site or with a did browser. Internet explorer will keep giving you the cached, corrupted version
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Looks like the download was corrupted. You'll need yo redownload i from a different site or with a did browser. Internet explorer will keep giving you the cached, corrupted version
    As I said, I tried to download it from other locations but could find none that worked. Also, I am not using IE, I am using Google Chrome. However, I will try using a different browser.

Edit: I tried to download it from IE, and that did not work either. Sadface D:
    Last edited by Wafflejax; 27th September 2012 at 22:45.