Thread: The Hidden: Source problems

Default The Hidden: Source problems

Hello, I LOVE Hidden, I played it back in 09, but quit it in 2010. But I saw SeaNanners video and decided to play it again, since SeaNanners is a pretty popular guy, and a lot more people started playing the game because of him.

So I managed to play for a whole two days before my game first crashed.

I was confused, but since Source is known for crashing I restarted my game. No effect. I crashed at the loading screen. I tried multiple times, and only was able to join a server for a maximum of 4 minutes before crashing. It doesn't happen during certain events like the Hidden dying or props being destroyed, it just happens out of random.

I have tried many ways to fix it, reinstalled it, deleted the folder completely, restarted my computer, even tried all the forum posts about crashing bugs. No effect. The maximum I was able to play trying one of them was two rounds, then both me and my friend crashed.

I think it may be because the Source Engine updated, I am not sure if it really did, but Garry's Mod, and many other Source games updated, and since then most of my Source mods crash randomly (I have only tried Obsidian Conflict)

I am running The Hidden: Source 4B

My system specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80 GHz 6.00 GB ram

My computer is a 64 bit system.

The game is running on DX 8.1 (Even though I have 9.0, the game isn't capable with it I don't think)

It happens to everyone from time to time, it's usually a server problem, in one server I crash very frequently along with 90% the rest of the players. Nothing to do about it.

No, I mean, like every 5 minutes, like its a graphics card problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollmuch View Post
    No, I mean, like every 5 minutes, like its a graphics card problem.
    So maybe it's your graphics card problem