Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is how you fix the "Incorrect version" problem

The Console doesn't open
    Last edited by Xz313; 9th September 2012 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Xz313 View Post
    The Console doesn't open
    Then you probably didn't enable it properly.
    Options->Keyboard->Advanced->Enable developer's console (~). You then press ~ to open the console.
    Couldn't be more simple than that.
    Sparks

lol thats why im asking. I think im not that stupid. The checkmark is on Enable developer's console.
    I have an European Keyboard and the Key is (^) but thats the same Key as (~) could it be something with that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xz313 View Post
    lol thats why im asking. I think im not that stupid. The checkmark is on Enable developer's console.
    I have an European Keyboard and the Key is (^) but thats the same Key as (~) could it be something with that ?
    Are you sure? It's one key left to number [1].
    Anyway if you don't have the console button on the keyboard I can't help you sorry :P
    Sparks

Contrary to popular belief, the console is not actually bound to the ~ (tilde) key, it's the ` (accent) key. Which is not the ' (single quote) key btw.
    In the UK keyboard is also next to the 1, above the tab and has ` and on it.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

right click your game click properties click set lauch options write -console

bam console open in game, then might wanna write bind "F12" "showconsole" or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, the console is not actually bound to the ~ (tilde) key, it's the ` (accent) key. Which is not the ' (single quote) key btw.
    In the UK keyboard is also next to the 1, above the tab and has ` and on it.
    Aye aye sir.
    Sparks

Just installed the game yesterday, got to play on one server and now I'm having this problem too, but I tried the console command fix and it started loading then stopped and the console said it was a bad server or something. This is happening with every server I try, so any other fixes or suggestions as to the cause of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sandvich View Post
    Just installed the game yesterday, got to play on one server and now I'm having this problem too, but I tried the console command fix and it started loading then stopped and the console said it was a bad server or something. This is happening with every server I try, so any other fixes or suggestions as to the cause of the problem?
    Provide screenshots please, I don't understand you.
    Sparks

@GraveDigger1337

Thanks that worked