Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is how you fix the "Incorrect version" problem

Thumbs up This is how you overcome the "Incorrect version" problem (for players)

While I have no idea why some servers have this problem when you try to join them thru the server list, here's how you connect to them:

Get the server's IP -> open console -> type connect IP:PORT -> You're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, the console is not actually bound to the ~ (tilde) key. It is actually the ` (accent) key.
    Which in turn is not the ' (single quote) key btw.
    In the UK keyboard is also next to the 1, above the tab and has ` and on it.
    Last edited by Paegus; 13th September 2012 at 15:24. Reason: The agreement has been altered. Pray I do no alter it further!

Unfortunately the issue is that all these new people coming from hutch and seananners don't know how to obtain the server ips for games =/

I know a lot of people had told me they tried to create servers but failed.

I finally got mine up and running but the work around to get players in game is silly

They all come from other source mods and source games, so I presumed they know how to do it.
    Anywho, Right mouse button-> Properties (or whatever) -> then simply copy the IP.

The servers that seem to be having those problems are new servers, and I have a feeling that something didn't get setup correctly on those servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    The servers that seem to be having those problems are new servers, and I have a feeling that something didn't get setup correctly on those servers.
    I feel the same, but until they find a way to fix it I just gave a temporary way for the players to overcome the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    While, I won't rule out the possibility of me setting something up incorrectly, I did follow the instructions located in the guide exactly as told so unless those instructions are outdated it is not something I setup incorrectly.

I would more likely point to windows server hosting having some kind of an issue since I know that both mine and AExiOn's servers are running on Windows.

It's hard for me to say for sure since only around 6 servers ever show up in the global internet list and of those only 1 other server aside from mine has the issue.

I'm pressing the ~ key but it's not opening the console?

Quote Originally Posted by El Suave View Post
    I'm pressing the ~ key but it's not opening the console?
    Get in the game's main screen-> Options->Keyboard tab-> Advanced-> check Enable Developer's Console.
    Sparks

Hey Guys
    When i try to open the Console to connect to a Server nohing happens, sometimes there is a sound but nothing more.
    I have enabeld the Console in the Options.
    Can you help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xz313 View Post
    Hey Guys
    When i try to open the Console to connect to a Server nohing happens, sometimes there is a sound but nothing more.
    I have enabeld the Console in the Options.
    Can you help me ?
    The console does not open or it won't connect to the server?
    Sparks