Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hidden is about to get lots of traffic ; )

Default The Hidden is about to get lots of traffic ; )

Hi.
    A guy known as Hutch on YouTube posted a video today of him playing this mod. He already popularized TTT (Gmod Trouble in Terrorist Town), so I guess it's just a matter of time when same will happen to The Hidden.

It was so funny, as I played this mod long time ago but didn't stick as there wasn't much support and it threw me off a bit at the time.

But maybe with enough audience devs will get more motivation : )

I entered the forum to see the activity, since sometimes gets really high in just a few hours. But yeah, hope this can revive this excellent mod since i had great times in 2007 with it
    Last edited by Demioch; 7th September 2012 at 16:47.

A student of mine brought this to my attention earlier today, it's always good to see folk have a good time with it and yeah, we hope it picks up a bit of interest and gets more people playing.

"The enemy gate is down"

The Hidden - Source
    Calibre Studios
    Developicus Videogameos (Dev Blog)

Well, I saw every server visible to the master list packed today. 50+ players at once. I think that's a great sign! Too bad there's so many servers running right now that are not visible to the master list because of STEAM not liking legacy servers anymore.

I also watched Hutch's video, I used to play Hidden a lot back in college so I decided to re-install the game and have some fun.

It appears that most of the servers in my area that I ping well to were always full so I created my own dedicated server, but I am having some issues with it showing up in the global "internet list" after all ports are forwarded.

I can get it to show up in the internet list by added this line to the server.cfg:
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0

but then I get the following message when trying to join the server:
    "Your version does not match the servers. Please restart the game."

It appears that the ClassicGamingClub.com server also has this "Your version does not match" issue for me, yet there server still has players in it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Also Seananners is sending a lot of traffic as well:

I was just in game with Seananners for a second before the server crashed, which sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by oTradeMark View Post
    I also watched Hutch's video, I used to play Hidden a lot back in college so I decided to re-install the game and have some fun.

It appears that most of the servers in my area that I ping well to were always full so I created my own dedicated server, but I am having some issues with it showing up in the global "internet list" after all ports are forwarded.

I can get it to show up in the internet list by added this line to the server.cfg:
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0

but then I get the following message when trying to join the server:
    "Your version does not match the servers. Please restart the game."

It appears that the ClassicGamingClub.com server also has this "Your version does not match" issue for me, yet there server still has players in it.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Im having the same problem This was my favorite game a few years ago and know that I've installed it I cant play

Great a game that I am entirely unable to play is getting traffic, woooo.
    I am reborn as an ocelot
    You disapprove