Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential fix for server not showing up in server browser

My response didn't show up so I'm not sure if it has to be authorized in this section of the forums or what but I'm just going to try and re-post.

I just got done setting up a dedicated server on a windows machine following the instructions in the guide sticky.

At first, I could join the server just fine but the issue was that it was only showing up in LAN and didn't appear in the global "Internet List"

So I followed the instructions in this thread and that made my server appear in the internet list but then no one can join the server.

When I try to join the server then I get this message:
    "Your version does not match the servers, please restart the game"

I'm not sure if it is referring to the Hidden version or HLDSupdatetool or what. I used the 223MB hsb4b-full .zip to extract to the c:\srcds folder and then I extracted the hidden-beta4b1-server .zip to the same folder afterwards so I think I have the server up to date.

The issue goes away when I remove/comment over this line:
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0

So I have this dual problem. Either my server is not visible on Internet List but people can join it, or it is visible on Internet List but people can't join it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

oTradeMark
    Last edited by oTradeMark; 6th September 2012 at 16:03.

Seems like there was an source server update yesterday. Some one reported the same error to me "Your version does not match the servers, please restart the game".

I updated the server this morning, however the same error comes up. As said above setting sv_master_legacy_mode (to) 1 allows me to connect in from my favorites list. setting 0 produces the error.

I found however, if I try joining the server from the steam server list window outside of game via master server list, it connects with no problem with the setting set to 0.

Steam is fuckin with us lol

Yeah I was the one that reported that on your site AExi0n because I saw that your server had the exact same issue as mine.

It appears that I can set the legacy mode to 0 and temporarily allow my server to show up in the internet list then exec a command to set legacy mode to 1 and people can join...

silly work around but it works for now.

Seems like people are on it right now. So who knows if it affects everyone.

As soon as people join however and if you set it to 1, I believe it will disappear from the master server list, thus no new people joining.

I guess we are in better shape than we where a month ago.

Yeah exactly, it's like you have to swap back and forth with that setting to switch between showing your server on global internet list and allowing people to join...

Well whatever

sv_master_legacy_mode 1
    setmaster remove hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
    setmaster remove hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
    setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27011
    setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com:27015
    heartbeat
    Is what everyone says will fix it, but this only gets my server unlisted... :/
    Last edited by Sniper; 7th September 2012 at 18:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Is what everyone says will fix it, but this only gets my server unlisted... :/
    Yeah setting legacy mode to 1 allows people to join the server but it doesn't list your server in the global internet list.

What I'm doing is I will set my legacy to 0 and allow my server to show up in the internet global list then I will change it to 1 and re-execute the server.cfg, resulting in a flood of players joining the server at the same time.

Then if the lobby ever dies out and not enough players are there I re-execute the server.cfg swapping back to 0 and then back to 1 again.

Yes sometimes one of the servers I admin gets delisted as well, two things seemed successful so far in this case:

- restarting the server
    - or alternatively, manually entering this in server console:

sv_enableoldqueries 1
    (few seconds pause)
    heartbeat
    (pause)
    sv_enableoldqueries 0
    (pause)
    heartbeat

I don't know if a pause is necessary and just putting this code sequence into the "server.cfg" might work as well (on map change).

@Sniper: I noticed you put something about cl_downloadfilter in the server name, doesn't this plugin work any more?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
    @Sniper: I noticed you put something about cl_downloadfilter in the server name, doesn't this plugin work any more?
    I have that plugin, the catch is that the player has to connect to the server for it to fire, and if the player doesn't have the custom map, they can't join. I think the custom maps are what are causing all my ghost players. It seems to happen when a new player tries to join my server when it's on a custom map, and they do not have the custom map as well as having the wrong cl_downloadfilter setting. (Default setting is none for some stupid reason.)

you solved this problem?
    does not help me:
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0
    heartbeat