Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential fix for server not showing up in server browser

Default Potential fix for server not showing up in server browser

Hi, this has been posted at the NMRiH forums a month ago, applies to all HL2 mods that had their server list wiped in the Steam server browser. Mind I haven't checked if it works for The Hidden. (That's why I put "potential fix" in the thread title.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanz
    Follow those 4 easy steps as SERVER OWNER (every server owner has to do this, its no use if you try this on your client)!

1. Connect to your server via FTP or SSH.
    2. Open your 'server.cfg' with a text editor (you'll find it in "nmrih/cfg/").
    3. Paste the following at the END of it:
      Code:
      //********************************************************************************************************** 
      // Master Server Settings
      //********************************************************************************************************** 
      sv_master_legacy_mode 0                         // Disable lagacy mode, since steam master servers won't support it anymore.
      heartbeat                               // Send heartbeat that this server is ready. Should be the last line of the config.
    4. Save the file and if necessary put it back on your server.
    5. Restart your server OR type "exec server.cfg" (without "") into your server console (HLSW, rcon or sm_rcon works as well).

Your servers should be visible again!

Thanks to the HLDS Mailing list and Riley, we could resolve this issue.
    Source: http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/foru...showtopic=8251

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    as per https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=192367 there is a web api from valve that will show you if your server is working.

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...19&format=json for example shows:
    Code:
    {
    	"response": {
    		"success": true,
    		"servers": [
    			{
    				"addr": "37.220.23.42:27019",
    				"gmsindex": 1,
    				"appid": 215,
    				"gamedir": "hidden",
    				"region": 3,
    				"secure": true,
    				"lan": false,
    				"gameport": 27019,
    				"specport": 0
    			}
    		]

}
    }
    Last edited by Paegus; 20th September 2012 at 11:09. Reason: useful infos

ignore me.
    Spoiler:
    Have tried this on a test server and even after 3 hours it's still not appearing on the main server list.

e: ran a test server all day today just to make sure and it's not showing up I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Paegus; 30th August 2012 at 17:31.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

I've now added a Hidden server on a mate's machine and it's showing up fine so far, using the fix above.

Edit: Sorry, server crashed at some point and it didn't restart due to a Windows dialogue box popping up that required clicking "OK". Found the crash happens when loading hdn_origin or hdn_decay. Disabled these maps now.
    Last edited by pizzahut; 21st August 2012 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
    Found the crash happens when loading hdn_origin or hdn_decay. Disabled these maps now.
    That's a long known bug for windows servers. I had them recompile the maps without HDR and they work fine now... In B5... Anywho...

This config changed worked for me! Hidden Cow is now visible and packed since it's one of the few servers that can be seen!

One new problem that I've been seeing now though is up to 3 slots will become "stuck" occupied on my server. I don't know what's causing this issue, but it's something I haven't seen before. Ex. There will be 6 players playing on my server and in the server list it will say 9 and won't let anyone else join. The only fix for this I've found is to restart the server.

Don't have this issue, perhaps updating your SourceMod to the latest stable snapshot (v1.4.5-dev) will help? Probably not though, since The Hidden is using the old HL2 Episode One engine.

I've also had to disable the three OVR maps as they were randomly crashing in the middle of a game (so not during load like the two HDN maps). Is this a Windows issue as well?
    Last edited by pizzahut; 29th August 2012 at 19:59.

No, overrun maps should run fine on windows servers, I just don't like the play-style, so they are not on my server. Origin and Decay don't work on windows servers because they were compiled with the HDR feature on.

Thank you for posting this fix. Added it to my server as well. I want to send you a 12 pack of beer of your choice.

yup can confirm it's working now.
    Weird. I'd left it running for ages and they never showed up in my steam.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    One new problem that I've been seeing now though is up to 3 slots will become "stuck" occupied on my server.
    Now I'm getting this as well. 1 to 2 slots used.

I've also noticed an occupied slot on a PVK server. So it's probably not a problem with The Hidden but a general issue.

I've recently started using ServerDoc so perhaps this is indirectly a reason due to short restart times instead of doing a manual restart since a simple loop in a batch file doesn't work fully automatic on Windows.
    Last edited by pizzahut; 2nd September 2012 at 14:12.

I just created a dedicated server on a windows machine following the instructions here:
    http://forum.hidden-source.com/showt...x-Server-Guide

When I first created the server I could connect to the server but it wasn't showing up in steams global "Internet List"

I followed the instructions in this thread and now my server shows up in the public list but when I go to join the server the game tells me this message:
    "Your version does not match the servers. Please restart the game."

If I remove this line in the .cfg:
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0

The server goes back to me being able to join the server but not showing up in the global internet list.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?