Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Potential fix for server not showing up in server browser

i've tried every method that has been explained on the forum and still no progress

i can host any other game including tf2, garrysmod, css etc but when it comes to the hidden, my game doesn't list on the internet servers and on lan (when switch over to sv_lan 1 ofcourse )

yes i've tried sv_master_legacy_mode 0/1 but makes no difference either way, all the necessary ports have been forwarded and that still makes no difference. this is a fresh install (no plugins, no custom maps etc) and still will not list

i can connect to my other games so it's not a isp nor connectivity issue (ports etc.)

lmh88

i've tried every method that has been explained on the forum and still no progress

i can host any other game including tf2, garrysmod, css etc but when it comes to the hidden, my game doesn't list on the internet servers and on lan (when switch over to sv_lan 1 ofcourse )

yes i've tried sv_master_legacy_mode 0/1 but makes no difference either way, all the necessary ports have been forwarded and that still makes no difference. this is a fresh install (no plugins, no custom maps etc) and still will not list

i can connect to my other games so it's not a isp nor connectivity issue (ports etc.)
    What OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Kin2InuYasha View Post
    What OS are you using?
    im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    Last edited by lmh88; 13th December 2012 at 17:51.

Has anyone found a solution do this yet?

I've tried every fix listed in this thread, and can not get my server to show up in the public list.

It's joinable using the connect command through console, but obviously not ideal for having people join it.

Quote Originally Posted by twiztid View Post
    Has anyone found a solution do this yet?

I've tried every fix listed in this thread, and can not get my server to show up in the public list.

It's joinable using the connect command through console, but obviously not ideal for having people join it.
    I found if i leave the sv_master_legacy_mode 0 then once in console i type "sv_master_legacy_mode 1" that it will keep server on list but it will allow people to join

anyone else having problems lately with vac? sometimes its just working fine and after a few mapchanges it says "Couldn't etablish connection to steam servers" and VAC gets disabled... its really annoying

It's been happening to the AteaMD servers, it eventually comes back on though, and restarting the server sometimes puts it back on.

I've figured it out. After trying everything suggested on here, and on other forums, nothing seemed to work. I kept running into the same problems as everyone else. Server supposedly "outdated" or viceversa, not showing up in the server list, and only on the LAN list. But I've taken knowledge from all of your posts, and came up with a really cheesy, but effective work around. I'm sharing it because I know how frustrating this all has been, and I'd really like to see the Hidden community boom again in hopes that the developers will continue this wonderful project, and not pull at Black Mesa: Source on us.

1. Go to, and open with a text editor, your server's "server.cfg" in your ...\hidden\cfg folder.
    2. Copy the code below and paste it at the VERY END of the text area.

Code:
    //Server Listing Options
    sv_lan 0
    sv_region 255
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0
    heartbeat
    sv_master_legacy_mode 1
    heartbeat
    3. Don't forget to save it and if you're using an ftp, make sure you upload it to your server.

It looks silly, and may seem like a fail, but after countless trial and error this order of code seems to make it work. Two heartbeats for the win!

4. Create an autoexec.cfg in that same folder, if you haven't already.
    5. Copy the code below and paste it at the VERY END of the text area. (This is in autoexec.cfg)
    Code:
    exec server.cfg
    wait
    sv_master_legacy_mode 0
    wait
    heartbeat
    wait
    sv_master_legacy_mode 1
    wait
    heartbeat
    This is a temporary fix until someone comes up with a better solution.

Not only does it show up in the server list, it doesn't give you that out of date error. Should also show up in your LAN and if you've saved it to favorite, in there as well. If you've already connected, guess what... It'll be in your history too! It's magical! Cheesy! BUT MAGICAL!

I hope this helps.

------------------------------------
    For people having problems with the ports...
    It's a lot of hit and miss, I know, but keep trying!

27015 and 27016 on both UDP/TCP should be in your port forwarding section, if you log into your router. Make sure you have them assigned to your Static IP/Internal IP. NOT your external IP. Should look something like 192.168.X.X - ALSO make sure your firewall isn't blocking those ports or that Static IP. Sometimes you can turn the firewall off all-together.
    Last edited by Eart2Luke; 7th June 2013 at 14:51.