Thread: does this look dying to you

Default does this look dying to you

kinda worried about the amount of people that seem to play and the falling number of servers
    hoping the update will come out soon or there will be no one left
    my hammer also died again

cib0_madu Guest

I don't know about other servers in the world, but I am in Australia, and I get maybe 1 game every month when enough random new players find the game and give it a go, other than that I can't join a game with players
    Annoying too that the makers of the game have essentially abandoned the game...

Abandon is a bit harsh, maybe they got jobs and sort of had a hiatus from it whilst they were doing the same thing all day every day. It's fun, but its not always fun to do it 16 hours a day. I'm sure you might see something new out of the project at some point, just got a bit of a 'when its done' vibe going on.

I remembered this game a few days ago and watching youtube videos of it almost make my eyes tear up. The Hidden was so tense. You experienced equal parts frustration and creativity playing. While it's far from the game I've spent most time with in my life it's probably the one I've been most skilled at relative to the player pool, sometimes there was a week of playing without meeting a better hidden. I played so intensely sometimes in school I'd see the blur about two pouncing distances away and just tense up.

I had a close friend who was also skilled and we played it on a LAN-party once. It sort of devolved into a samurai duel were we'd just slay the entire team but failing to take out each other, the final minute of the timer spent in total silence, hardly moving just to listen to footsteps and guess the angle of attack. My favourite moment was on stalkyard, I managed to take a lone guy out in the first 30 seconds and drag his corpse to the vent room when the rest of the team passed just under the grate. "Is everyone alright? Where is Svedis?" and then I dropped the corpse down the grate on top of them, cue screaming and lots of friendly fire. Btw, my friend (who's house we held the LAN at) took bus 617 to school every day.

I remember when the pigstick went out of fashion (really early, v2?) and I had to retrain to get the air slashes right. After a while you deluded yourself into thinking the pigstick wasn't that good because you were doing as good now with the slashes. I played a round using pigstick and it was like walking through red mist.

I remember the hackers, few as they were, and how good it felt when you managed to outmanuever them. I remember the excellent voice taunts and dozens of deaths that wen't like Look up and the IRIS did and promptly killed me.

I remember some guy who was very good but talked a lot of trash. I finally got him and on my turn I killed the entire team but spared him and hung all the bodies in the bottom corridor of executive and then herded him through it before I delivered the final slash. He quit the server.

Now I'm in med school and an adult, two exciting things but taken together they leave little time for games
    Last edited by Mr. Bottomhat; 19th April 2012 at 22:44.

Hey Boxy, wasn't it you who made the voice for 617?

No, Kochun (SuperHero Soundworks) did most of the sound/music/voice work with his mate Royal doing some additional music and Vance (Sonic Valley) doing some earlier sound effects, if my memory serves me correctly.

nothing quite like the old days eh

we need servers for Australia even with 250 ping im a match for most people but those who are above average

even those with dreaded hacks

Developers! Come back! We miss you =(
    The PIrate Wench
    Happy Cows come from Infinitum Research Labs
    www.hiddencow.org