Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plude220s Pistols vs Physics Server

Im debating weather to turn FF back on or not what do yall think?

hmm ff would be fine if it was back. i really like the 6 clip pistol ammo that's really good. and great that weighting of damage is back. I strongly think the weighting of the pallets need to be back to normal. cause all my instant kill pallet throws are only doing 50 and it stinks!! Also there really needs to be a rules page when joining the server cause so many people have questions and get mad that stabbing doesn't work nor do they realize that every time they reload they loose their ammo. I would be fine if like stabbing was like 15-20 damage instead 0. cause every kid jumps in your face and "3slashes" and nothing happens and they get all pissed and quit. so idk. but mostly i think the weight of the props need to back to normal and a rules list needs to be added also the trip alarms make no noise. but when anyone goes through it, it just shows the red dot on the radar. it would be fine if the lasers made noise and stuff as long as there was a rule like "no spamming the alarms" or if they were limmited to how many each player gets. and everyone needs to realize in the rules that they NEED to choose support cause assault is useless
    Last edited by JerrySombrero; 28th September 2012 at 20:15. Reason: remember things

The PvP plugin should set all iris to be supply class so wasting ammo shouldn't be an issue since anyone whose radar dot is green can give you ammo if you request it.

The physics cap should only trigger if the target's hp is above 75. Anything below that and your standard 500dmg pallet should be as gib-tastic as ever. If you pull what should have been a 500dmg hit then 5he world shakes a bit for everyone nearby.

I suppose i could add a hud printout on nerfed knife hits that informs plays what's going on. But idk, the server is a fair clue i think.
    Last edited by Paegus; 28th September 2012 at 21:41.
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

idk a lot of pallet throws that i'm doing that i know should be a 100hit or 500hit are doing only 50.

Plude changed the weighting of the objects around and made barrels do more but that are all heavy to throw and the pallets are not doing 1 hit kills like they normally would.

and the lasers work like on and off. like iris goes through ,just red dot on radar, when the hidden goes through, it sometimes does the noise. i'm trying to still figure it out if it's sometimes or always.

i think the weighting of objects should be back the same....

still a lot of players do not realize that their stabbing does nothing..

There needs to be a rule page

also ambassodor pinapple, neon, and i think the stamina recharge rate is slow.

also the give/request ammo thing is wack. like you push e on a guy who requests it and all it does is make the sign over their head go away and it doesn't give them ammo
    Last edited by JerrySombrero; 29th September 2012 at 01:25. Reason: keep thinking of things to change

I've never had an issue with the ammo resupply in normal games. Perhaps it may only be acting on the primary weapon's ammo slot instead of the current or all weapons. I can see why that would be the case from the coder's and standard gameplay point of view. Ging?

I was toying with infinite pistol ammo, so if the resupply code is for primaries only and 6 magazines isnt enough...
    Custom HUD
    Radio Menu
    Demo Key
    Hidden:SourceMod
    Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless gas,
    that when left alone in suffucient quantities
    for sufficient time, will think about itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paegus View Post
    I was toying with infinite pistol ammo, so if the resupply code is for primaries only and 6 magazines isnt enough...
    That'd be plain unfair With a good iris, 6 magazines of 20-30 rounds is plenty, even if they only do 10 damage. Infinite ammo.....The implications are horrible.....IRIS can simply click as fast as they want and not care about ammo count. It'd be a maze of bullets everywhere!
    Flowz0r*: That's like raging over some guy not letting you piss on his lawn and then killing yourself thinking "I'm just gonna commit suicide, I bet THAT will show him! HA!" :D

Im going to turn FF back on.

I have a plugin on so only the hidden sets off the alarm so you dont hear alarms going off all the time its not a perfect plugin but it does good enough.

As for the pallets not doing the damage you say I havent messed with the the damagescale of the pallets for the game I made it so bullets dont damage pallets and crates, the only changes i mad was to the pallets I added to maps with stripper source the damage scale is set to 4.0 if you throw it fast it should be one hit kill I personally havent had a issue myself with pallets not doing 100+ damage.

I just added a motd with server settings and rules.

I havent tested out giving ammo yet if it doesnt work it probly has to do with having 6 clips or the primarys being removed but as of now you have 6 20rd clips and if you cant kill the hidden with 120 rds somethings wrong..

I havent messed with the stamina rate at all but I just added Fakerate so that may help somepeople with that.

Ive noticed that since the hiddens damage has been taken away the servers been pretty dead compaired to before most of the players on today are new and dont know how to phys they just want to stab and I just dont know if thiers enough of us old school players to keep the server full enough to have fun. I hate to say it but it may be best for the server to just turn the slash back on what do yall think?

ok the pallets seem fine.

okay yes the ammo give isn't working right but ya good point with the 120 bullets thing...

i think if like the stabing was 15-20 damage it would be fine. cause 3 slash is hard to beat with just a pistol. like if it was 20 it would take 5 slashes. and nades being back in wouldn't be bad i guess.

and the stamina does seem slow compared to Hidden Cow i guess

and the alarms work when hidden goes through most of the time. its fine, it works good enough

hmm the server just disconnected everyone. that's happened twice now. don't know if it's just reseting or just whatever but ill keep playing on it and see
    Last edited by JerrySombrero; 30th September 2012 at 01:09. Reason: hmm

For us who pretty much only phys hidden doing no damage don't bother us but for the majority of players they don't like it and normaly leave so i guess its best to just bring the hiddens weapons back to keep the server full.

As for the server restarting that was me i was doing updates.

Plude simply do a reduced hidden knife damage so maybe 6 slashes instead of 3 normal?
    Flowz0r*: That's like raging over some guy not letting you piss on his lawn and then killing yourself thinking "I'm just gonna commit suicide, I bet THAT will show him! HA!" :D