PDA

View Full Version : New Hidden Server.

wagner.bts
3rd November 2008, 18:28
Hello Folks.

I live in Brazil.
We don't have a hidden server here, can you believe it?

Well, I've got my hands on work and I'm trying to setup a new server with 10 slots for me and everybody in Brazil and other locations play Hidden, but it's complicated.

It's not like setup a server for Counter Strike Source, for exemple.

Does anybody knows how can I install and run a server for Hidden?

Thanks.

Zabiela
3rd November 2008, 19:06
Hmm I wonder what ping I will get on a south american server.

Sorry, can't help with set-up.

What will the server name be?

Master of Puppets
3rd November 2008, 19:10
Search is your friend. This came up, besides others, when i typed server in search:

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=9679&highlight=server

If you cant find a host that has hidden source in its products just ask them by mail if its possible to run hidden on their machines.

Paegus
3rd November 2008, 20:11
It's not like setup a server for Counter Strike Source, for exemple.

other than the fact that you have to download and install the mod files (and hotfix) yourself, it has a 9 (+1 reserved) player limit and an invisible dude with a knife, how is it not exactly like a CS:S server?

if the hosting company can do CS:S then H:S wont be much of an issue.

Specht
4th November 2008, 04:55
Hey wagner, there used to be the TERRA server, not sure if you had the chance to play on it, but it's been out for approximatedly an year already, I'm brazilian too, been playing it for sometime, if you need any help, count on me. I'm not speaking in portuguese because there are some really curious people around here *cough*

Zabiela, you should get from 160 to 250 ping I guess, at least that's what I get from american servers, but Brazil is big, and I live in the south of it, on the lowest state.

Chances are: I'm gonna be able to feel how it's like to physkill with a ping lower than 160 :D :D :D

wagner.bts
4th November 2008, 09:50
Muito bom conhecer um brazuca aqui no forum.
Está dificil hospedar um Server para o Hidden. Todo mundo encontra dificuldades pra isso cara...

Bom, era o Terra sim. Pararam porque ficava vazio.
Estou cansado de jogar com 150, as vezes 200 de ping.

Me adiciona no msn>: wagner_bts@hotmail.com
Ou, me mande um e-mail....

Abraços.

Hey wagner, there used to be the TERRA server, not sure if you had the chance to play on it, but it's been out for approximatedly an year already, I'm brazilian too, been playing it for sometime, if you need any help, count on me. I'm not speaking in portuguese because there are some really curious people around here *cough*

Zabiela, you should get from 160 to 250 ping I guess, at least that's what I get from american servers, but Brazil is big, and I live in the south of it, on the lowest state.

Chances are: I'm gonna be able to feel how it's like to physkill with a ping lower than 160 :D :D :D

-SM-SUCKER
4th November 2008, 10:49
Por favor, mandale una pm si no vas a escribir en ingles. (I know it's not portuguese, but I'm incapable of this language)

Use the private messaging, please.

lcpuche
4th November 2008, 13:10
Umm spanish? or portuguese there so similar

Specht
4th November 2008, 16:15
Some words indeed are similar, but I don't like spanish, my english is 10 times better than my spanish, and neither do I like when people confuse spanish with portuguese, it gets on my nerves when I'm playing on a brazilian server on any game, someone from another country (not gonna say US to not generalize) joins, and call us mexicans, they always get banned in a matter of seconds :D

-SM-SUCKER
4th November 2008, 21:20
I knew it was portuguese, but I don't know a single word of it. I just wanted to point out that the common language here is English, and using another one is kind of rude. And a pm would have been much nicer.

and call us mexicans, they always get banned in a matter of seconds :D
The Lol

Zabiela
4th November 2008, 21:48
someone from another country (not gonna say US to not generalize) joins, and call us mexicans, they always get banned in a matter of seconds :D

A popular slogan in southern california is "just because i'm brown does not mean i'm mexican!" :p

I'm sorry our ignoramus' find their way into your servers.

Specht
4th November 2008, 21:52
Prince, I know you didn't confuse it, I was just commenting xD

Also, I'm not even close to brown, south of Brazil was mostly colonized by Germans, Specht is my surname, and it's german for woodpecker :p

lcpuche
4th November 2008, 22:05
Some words indeed are similar, but I don't like spanish, my english is 10 times better than my spanish, and neither do I like when people confuse spanish with portuguese, it gets on my nerves when I'm playing on a brazilian server on any game, someone from another country (not gonna say US to not generalize) joins, and call us mexicans, they always get banned in a matter of seconds :D

Sorry Spanish pwns Portuguese *crosses arms*

Specht
4th November 2008, 22:21
Sorry Spanish pwns Portuguese *crosses arms*

We are bloody surrounded by spanish speaking countries, we have lots of jokes about Argentina for example xD