PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions.

Sniper
28th October 2008, 00:52
How do you change the weight value of objects/props? I'm trying to make a map where the hidden is able to pickup cars, but it seems that the hidden can only pickup so much weight. I thought I could edit it in the XSI 6 Mod Tool program, but it seems that I could not.

The other question is, does anyone have the original .vmf file for Ravenholm? I would like to fix the bugs on that map.

Any input would be appreciated.

Zabiela
28th October 2008, 01:00
I'm trying to make a map where the hidden is able to pickup cars

LOL

Prop_phys hav[[LOL WRONG nvm]]

Paegus
28th October 2008, 02:55
In hammer's model picker look in the model's info section for the mass. The most that the hidden can lift is 45 I believe. So take whatever mass you see there and divide by 45 for the approximate entry for Mass Scale. Or you can use the override box and put "mass,45", sans quotes.

Though the prop may still behave like it weights whatever it's compiled to weigh. Source is funny that way. And the Hidden may not be able to get close enough to the origin of the car to pick it up anyway.

Darkhand
28th October 2008, 03:06
I was going to try and change the mass of some of the cars on various maps, but Stripper:Source is crashing on my server. :( (plus they're probably prop_statics, and stripper isn't able to handle them well anyway)

Paegus, I assume you use it on CCake for changing the mass of the tables and stools in Executive? Have you had any trouble with the server crashing when using stripper_dump?

EDIT: Probably not, CCake is a Linux server, I'm on a Windows host.

Sniper
28th October 2008, 04:03
Both the mass scale and the override worked. I can now pickup and throw cars. :D

Now for a newb question, how can I get custom ambient music on my map? I have the ambient MP3 ready to go.

Paegus
28th October 2008, 08:29
i've never done anything with sourcescapes but they'd be the way to go.

just make sure to package the .mp3 into the map so that people don't have to faff around with downloading individual files for this and that.

Paegus, I assume you use it on CCake for changing the mass of the tables and stools in Executive? Have you had any trouble with the server crashing when using stripper_dump?

EDIT: Probably not, CCake is a Linux server, I'm on a Windows host.

what version are you running. the latest is 1.1b or something. Make sure you're using the correct/latest metamod:source as well

Darkhand
28th October 2008, 13:29
what version are you running. the latest is 1.1b or something. Make sure you're using the correct/latest metamod:source as well

Yep, newest versions of both. Metamod version 1.4.4.705 and stripper v1.1b. Also tried two other differently-compiled versions of stripper.14.ep1.dll that are in the Stripper source thread at Alliedmods with the same results.

Seems several people in the same thread are having the same problem. Submitted an .mdmp and hoping for the best right now. :)

EDIT: I'm also thinking it's something with the host, since stripper runs fine on a local listen server and not the rented server. Haven't tested yet if it runs well enough that I could dump and set up my configs on the listen server, and use the .cfg file on the super server.