PDA

View Full Version : SourceTV?

Darkhand
30th September 2008, 19:36
As a test, I tried running SourceTV in an attempt to capture a full match. Since SourceTV captures everything going on in the entire map at once, I figured it might be a good way to monitor the server; run SourceTV all the time and keep a record of every game. This way I can analyze complaints of cheating at any time after it's happened. Theoretically you should be able to view the hidden as well!

When trying to play a SourceTV demo back however, the view seems to be stuck on the 0,0,0 point of the map, with no way to switch between views. I can see the action going on around that point, but I can't seem to do anything with it.

Do you need to do anything different than normal when viewing a SourceTV-captured demo as opposed to a player or spectator captured one? Or is there some kind of incompatibility between the mod and SourceTV?

Phaedrus
30th September 2008, 19:52
I've never tried it, but afaik sourcetv does not work. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Hidden uses a different camera entity?

Darkhand
13th October 2008, 19:47
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Hidden uses a different camera entity?

Hmm, since we now know that entities can be attached to the hidden (ie the hidden spectate plugin), could the correct camera entity itself be attached to the IRIS/Hidden to enable SourceTV support?

Paegus
13th October 2008, 21:43
what are the correct entities?
and
looping through all the players every game frame to update the spectator views... hmmm... overhead...