PDA

View Full Version : Making Hidden Visible

Scuzzy
30th September 2008, 16:36
I'm going to be making some demo's of Hidden to give some tips and tricks for our regular playerbase. The game has taken off in our server (had 200 people on the box on Sunday) and I need to help some of the newbies out.

Is there a way with sv_cheats on that I can make the hidden completely visible (as he looks when he's dead)? I have some people willing to stage some fights and want to make the hidden visible for the guy making the demo, but not the guy attacking the hidden. (Rather then using wireframe).

Anyway to do that?

And/Or is there a variable for the "hidden" that gives him the invisible effect that I could modify using SourceMod?

Thanks,
Scuzzy

blak
30th September 2008, 16:49
If you're making videos, i guess you could import the models into gmod?

kif not the only one i know is mat_fullbright 2, which isn't very interesting to look at.

Scuzzy
30th September 2008, 17:19
I'd actually want to make the demo in Hidden while playing the game though, not in Gmod.

I'm hoping there is some console cheat command that alters either CBaseCombatCharacter or CAI_BaseNPC (thinking one of these is the hidden) in which you'd be able to see him. Any info Ging? :) Is there some way to shut the invisible effect off, like Spy in TF2 or Fortress Forever?

Scuzzy

[TSAT]Flow
30th September 2008, 17:23
Mat_fullbright 2 should work i think!

Zabiela
30th September 2008, 18:54
I've always wanted to do this.

It took me a loooong time to understand how the good hiddens "move" and I only really got a clue once I watched some youtube videos of good hiddens playing (and it was from their fov). It would be great to have some videos of an iris' fov while fighting a visible hidden.

If theres anything I can do to help scuz i'd be glad too, though I work from 8-6 pacific time.

Can a script be made that replaces the refracted hidden model with the standing/hunched one? That sounds like it would lose the ability to change the model to the crouched position, but it would be better than nothing.

[TSAT]Flow
30th September 2008, 19:22
Phaed changed 617s model to the dead scientist one from the tut/deltalabs so i think it should be possible to use hidden ragdoll aswell!

Paegus
30th September 2008, 19:52
well it's possible, after a fashion but not through a console variable...

phaed's model changing makes him a static model though as i recall. not exactly ideal for this.

Phaedrus
30th September 2008, 19:55
Es_Tools: est_setmodel userid generic/hidden.mdl
SourceMod: SetEntityModel(index, "generic/hidden.mdl");

The model doesn't seem to include animations though. :(

Zabiela
30th September 2008, 20:20
The model doesn't seem to include animations though. :(

Exactly. It would work somewhat to show where a hidden is when he moves, but it wouldnt demonstrate the advantage of crouching as hidden, which i consider pretty important.

Any way to tie the crouch key to swap the model with the crouched one?

edit: side-note, sometimes I feel bad not knowing anything about coding and scripting, yet demaning you fellas do all this stuff for us. Thanks alot, for everything, knowledge and content.

Scuzzy
30th September 2008, 20:57
The model won't crouch, is that you're saying? Or is it just a stick figure moving around without walking/etc?

Scuzzy

Zabiela
30th September 2008, 21:21
Scuzzy;139629']The model won't crouch, is that you're saying? Or is it just a stick figure moving around without walking/etc?

Scuzzy

Yeah the transparent model will switch between crouched form and standing, but replacing that with a visible model will restrict it to being just that model- either always crouched or always standing.

(in fact, there is no crouched form of the visible hidden is there?)

MrBone
30th September 2008, 22:40
Or you could stage a fight with hidden using lots and lots of props in obvious ways? I helped out a new guy that way, having a barrel in grip while showing him my lame attack patterns :P

Paegus
30th September 2008, 23:25
you could always use ES or SM to change an IRIS's team to hidden and who'll be completely visible... though doing that post round.

but the setmodel method gives you a static semi davinci style pose.

Zabiela
30th September 2008, 23:53
Or you could stage a fight with hidden using lots and lots of props in obvious ways? I helped out a new guy that way, having a barrel in grip while showing him my lame attack patterns :P

Most noobs dont even know where the hidden is in relation to the object he carries.

Evidenced by the innumerable noobs shooting AT my barrel :p

edit: can we just set up a BHS style thing?

Ging
1st October 2008, 00:15
The visible hidden model doesn't have any animations as it's used purely for the ragdoll, which obviously doesn't need to animate.

Scuzzy
1st October 2008, 03:36
You mean like with Sourcemod? (What is fronds?) Any chance you'd make me a copy of the Hidden Model but visible for this? Doesn't have to be detailed out, just a color non invis version. No detail required...

Scuzzy

Paegus
16th October 2008, 00:08
arr my low-poly matey...

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8784/hdndocks0000gs1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

not sure how that helps you with the demo/tutorial stuff though since it's server-side so you can't alter a demo. but it could be fun to make the hidden visible when the round ends?

yeah yeah, that's not the default hidden model... bite me.

Zabiela
16th October 2008, 01:42
Side effects to the invisibility is the development of breasts, apparently.

I fear the growth will render the barcode unreadable :D

Ging
16th October 2008, 11:07
Hah, I've not seen that bad boy visibly in ages... What a good thing he got a bit of plastic surgery done at some point.

Paegus
16th October 2008, 11:48
yeah. if only there was a fully rigged model of the current rag-doll floating around somewhere :)

but it wont work for scuzzy's demo thing since he only wants 1 player to see the model. it would be simpler to attach trailing beams and only broadcast them to the demo recorder. too bad the hidden-spectator plugin isn't really useful with the render problem.