PDA

View Full Version : Shove maps

-SM-SUCKER
11th September 2008, 22:23
We (Master of Puppets, Digit and me) played Highrise today on CC and had the idea to play svp (shove versus pistols). Soon the idea of special shove maps was brought up.
So if any mapper wants to create a little fun map, keep that in mind as another possibility.
This is not official, like ovr_ maps, no special support for this exists, but the design would be simple: high ledges, maybe a trigger hurt for IRIS only on the ground if possible.

Master of Puppets
11th September 2008, 23:13
Yep narrow passageways, few props that you can shove at iris and things like that.

lcpuche
11th September 2008, 23:40
This looks fun and different.

Specht
12th September 2008, 00:23
Traps! I always loved maps with traps!

Decay's trap has given me really good laughs.

MrBone
12th September 2008, 08:27
I kept thinking (and typing) "The floor is lava!! The floor is lava!!" :)

Cheesey
12th September 2008, 08:41
Shove, narrow, traps, sounds like a lot of fun! :)

MrBone
12th September 2008, 09:02
The HL2 episode 1(?) bridge map comes to mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GpOKyAS18&feature=related

Digit*
12th September 2008, 10:58
Heh that's not episode 1...thats just Half-Life 2 itself :P.

But yeah maps like that would be totally amazing.

I was also thinking of making the Shove maps into something like Hex maps? The IRIS needs to get to a certain extraction point traversing dangerously narrow ledges, while the hidden does his best to stop them in their tracks. Should provide for some funny situations.

TheOtherDante
12th September 2008, 14:05
a new meta game just came to mind,

IRIS Russling

hidden must keep iris agents running along a set path to a goal point.

he would do so by useing the push to keep them in line.

MrBone
12th September 2008, 15:49
a new meta game just came to mind,

IRIS Russling

hidden must keep iris agents running along a set path to a goal point.

he would do so by useing the push to keep them in line.

Someone please rip the "Mooh" sounds from the secret cow level :D

Isolation
12th September 2008, 21:35
Forsaken (hdn_forsaken) had traps, both of the shove and non-shove varieties. Although, I think some of them got cut from the B4a compile... probably the Sadist Room traps, I can't recall (it's been ages since I've even seen the map.)

Shove an IRIS in, press the button, unbreakable glass doors shut, watch as said IRIS dies in a number of ways (exploding barrels galore, gas, fire, wall crushers, ceiling spikes, et al...) And, the railings for the balconies were going to be breakable for your standard "push the IRIS to his death" kills.

lcpuche
13th September 2008, 18:03
sweet :D

biohazard-uk
13th September 2008, 19:15
hex_waste, which i've started 2 weeks ago, is gonna have quite a few traps and shove areas :)

Euphoria
19th September 2008, 15:59
An ideas for a traps (since at the moment I can't get hammer to compile at all myself :( )
Perching a crate or heavy yet shovable object on a ledge above a path or walkway, or maybe shoving over a shelf (or have a few spaced close to each other in aisles so they can be set off like dominoes.)

Sithun
21st September 2008, 09:40
An ideas for a traps (since at the moment I can't get hammer to compile at all myself :( )
Perching a crate or heavy yet shovable object on a ledge above a path or walkway, or maybe shoving over a shelf (or have a few spaced close to each other in aisles so they can be set off like dominoes.)

Once, i made a really big and open map, consisting of lots of 128x128x1024" pillars that where easy to push and have them fall on each other. Every round became different from the previous one. :D

But its just a silly map, if anyone want to i can probably upload it someplace.