PDA

View Full Version : hdn_burialground

Flashy
23rd August 2008, 14:05
After seeing cemetary and graveyard names were already taken i've named this map hdn_burialground.

Anyway this is my first map made in hammer. It's an old graveyard where the Hidden has been spotted. It has the usual stuff like a crypt, mausoleum, tombs etc. :)

Pics:

pic (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Berghoff/The%20Hidden/hl22008-08-2212-45-24-65.jpg)
pic (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Berghoff/The%20Hidden/hl22008-08-2212-45-31-12.jpg)
pic (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Berghoff/The%20Hidden/hl22008-08-2212-46-06-14.jpg)
pic (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Berghoff/The%20Hidden/hl22008-08-2212-46-42-87.jpg)
pic (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/Berghoff/The%20Hidden/hl22008-08-2212-47-46-90.jpg)

I'll post the download link soon. :)

DOWNLOAD: HDN_burialground_b1 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIPNGPQ2)

lcpuche
23rd August 2008, 23:20
Nice i look forward playing it :D

<Beatlemania>
24th August 2008, 01:46
that looks pretty cool, is it all outside or can you like go inside the mausoleum?

Cyborg
24th August 2008, 03:02
very nice. small snaggle i saw though, the brick texture on the fountain is vertical. I've never seen brickwork laid like that :)

Ritalin
24th August 2008, 06:27
very nice. small snaggle i saw though, the brick texture on the fountain is vertical. I've never seen brickwork laid like that :)

Ive seen brick laid in a vertical fashion before... too bad the brick next to that is laid horizontal.

The only issue I see is that I dont see a single damn thing im to throw at people.
Put some shovels in there in a few places, maybe and urn or 10, and if you could think of some reason for tires to be in there that would make my day.

-SM-SUCKER
24th August 2008, 07:37
How about an open grave, ready to recieve some stuffing :)
Looking cool so far

BiPP
24th August 2008, 14:15
looks good :)

Flashy
24th August 2008, 14:41
Yes you can walk into the mausoleum and there are some open graves.
Actually I wanted to have some coffins and urns for the hidden to throw but can't be bothered with modelling them but there is plenty of trash laying around but you don't see them on the screens well.

Cheesey
24th August 2008, 15:58
Wow, this map looks really nice! Keep on working! :)

biohazard-uk
24th August 2008, 17:28
Actually I wanted to have some coffins and urns for the hidden to throw but can't be bothered with modelling them but there is plenty of trash laying around but you don't see them on the screens well.

You don't necessarily need to model them to have them in the game, easy way of doing a coffin is to make it a brush entity with physics. : )

Flashy
24th August 2008, 18:18
You don't necessarily need to model them to have them in the game, easy way of doing a coffin is to make it a brush entity with physics. : )

Hmm, thanks will try to play with that to see how it works. :) In the meantime you can play with burialground map, see first post for link :rolleyes:.

Ritalin
24th August 2008, 20:12

TRUE!!! Get on it... you can leave the fancy coffin with a skeletal surprise for a later version of the map.

Also I have another suggestion for you. The railing that you have in place on the stairs in image 5 doesn't really work aesthetically. I thought for sure that there were some wrought iron railings in HL2 or maybe CSS. If not I would just do a simple on with brushes.

Also for the sake of aesthetics put some of the grass right around the edges of the headstones.

Cyborg
25th August 2008, 04:15
Also for the sake of aesthetics put some of the grass right around the edges of the headstones.

I believe those grass sprites are randomly generated in the compile phase... You can also place grass manually.

Flashy
7th November 2008, 16:17
Can anyone try this map with more people? Map not to dark?
I only tested it with my brother but would like to see if this map needs some changes. Planned is to make a larger underground crypt with multiple entrances/exits. :)

Zabiela
10th November 2008, 18:56
I must say this map looks great for your first.

Pan the Goat God
11th November 2008, 17:40
downloadeded and enjoyed.

Most dark maps have great atmosphere but are way too dark to see shit, but this one actually wasn't too bad.

I'm gonna fuck around some more with it, try to get a better feel of the map, but it looks and plays great already.

[TSAT]Flow
29th November 2008, 17:22
Is there still some progress going on with this one?

It looks really interesting to me! :D

Flashy
22nd December 2008, 09:41
Flow;141731']Is there still some progress going on with this one?

It looks really interesting to me! :D

Yes, im stilll working on it from time to time. Going to make a much larger underground tomb with several tunnels leading to different parts of the graveyard.

Flashy
30th December 2008, 18:20
Hmmm anyone know how to add some ambiance to map like the official hidden maps? Would be a nice addition.

biohazard-uk
30th December 2008, 22:14
Ambience? you mean lighting, sounds or...?

Flashy
31st December 2008, 09:59
Ambience? you mean lighting, sounds or...?

Ah my bad I mean, background sounds and music.

biohazard-uk
31st December 2008, 10:09
Use env_soundscape for background map sounds, all names of the hidden soundscapes are in the hidden/scripts folder.

ambient_generic can be used for 1 sound, which can be looped and is better if you want a specific sound in a part of a map. :D

Flashy
31st December 2008, 10:15
Aha, will try this thanks :D.

Anyone experienced with modelling? I have some trees ala Left 4 Dead style that I want to put into source but can't figure out how the material thing works they don't show up in model viewer. I've read many tutorials but damnit can't get a clue whats wrong. :( I had this couple years back too with Day of Defeat Source. :P - Fixed.

*Problem was in $basetexture silly me :D