PDA

View Full Version : A Dictatorship?

Merciless
27th July 2008, 12:07
My thread about guessing the hidden b5 release date was deleted?

i mean, it was in the right forum and i didnt piss anyone off...

Demented
27th July 2008, 12:13
Correction: Despotism.

Dr.SharK
27th July 2008, 18:16
You got your answer, it'll be out in a month.

Ging
27th July 2008, 18:38
My thread about guessing the hidden b5 release date was deleted?

It was a pointless exercise - it'll be done when it's done. I'm doing as much work on it as I can in my spare time and don't particularly feel the need to see that sort of BS on the forum.

Merciless
27th July 2008, 20:19
oh well sorry i guess i was under the impression that you could talk about anything mod related in the mod discussion section of the forum. (the "Talk about anything Hidden Source related" in the description of the forum section could be classed as misleading)

its not like i was asking for a release date.

You got your answer, it'll be out in a month.

since when was a release date announced?

Dr.SharK
27th July 2008, 21:11
since when was a release date announced?

2 years ago.
In a month, as in ANY month.

Merciless
27th July 2008, 21:24
sassy

Ging
28th July 2008, 15:24
oh well sorry i guess i was under the impression that you could talk about anything mod related in the mod discussion section of the forum.

You can, until it gets deemed as pointless BS and removed.

Phaedrus
28th July 2008, 16:22

That thread started as BS and should have been deleted long before it was. Some people were actually buying that crap. I know it's all in fun and they should probably read things more closely, but it's not cool to have your hopes dashed and feel like a gullible idiot at the same time because you are unassuming.

Merciless
28th July 2008, 16:35

It was only for fun.

Phaedrus
28th July 2008, 17:15
It was only for fun.

And I'm sure Ging had fun deleting that PoS thread. =P

Seriously, that thread was loaded with misinformation about Hidden to the point that people were actually buying it. Why should that be tolerated in the Hidden forums? I mean, was there anything in that thread worth saving anyway? Make a new, pointless thread about something more harmless. =)

starstriker1
28th July 2008, 17:45
...and to answer the question in the thread title, yes. These forums are a vaguely benevolent dictatorship.

Honestly, is that news? :P

Merciless
28th July 2008, 19:26
Seriously, that thread was loaded with misinformation about Hidden to the point that people were actually buying it. Why should that be tolerated in the Hidden forums? I mean, was there anything in that thread worth saving anyway? Make a new, pointless thread about something more harmless. =)

sorry i kind of figured the majority of the forum had an IQ over 5 and could read the thread title. "Guess the hidden b5 release date"

not "OMG LOOK I HAVE THE b5 RELEASE DATE COME REED ME 4 REEL LOL"

i guess i was wrong.

Phaedrus
28th July 2008, 19:39
i guess i was wrong.

/agreed

Zabiela
28th July 2008, 21:32
Its coming out the day after the day before it comes out.

-A day passes
-???????
-B5 released
-PROFIT

There you go

Cheesey
29th July 2008, 08:47

Digit*
29th July 2008, 10:28
Ah yes the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy...why didn't we use that in the first place...epic win

Ging
29th July 2008, 16:04
-A day passes
-???????
-B5 released
-PROFIT

Wait, there's profit involved?

Why did no one tell me earlier!

*actually starts B5*

lcpuche
29th July 2008, 16:22
Well this game was mentioned in the steam forums so i expect a new wave of newbs incoming :D

Boxy
29th July 2008, 20:23
We shall see. I was so intrigued I actually went looking for it! Be warned though, the thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707770&highlight=hidden+source) contains the most ignorant that Steam has to offer, some haven't even heard of us, or any other mod for a guess...

Zabiela
29th July 2008, 23:33
Wait, there's profit involved?

Why did no one tell me earlier!

*actually starts B5*

The variable "??????" guarantees profit... somehow.

Demented
30th July 2008, 01:06
We shall see. I was so intrigued I actually went looking for it! Be warned though, the thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707770&highlight=hidden+source) contains the most ignorant that Steam has to offer, some haven't even heard of us, or any other mod for a guess...

Well, they are the TF2 forums.

Cheesey
30th July 2008, 08:32
Why should TF2 causes paranoia?? OMG, I think a big fat russian guy is following me... :eek:!

Because of the spy? :D! Then they SHOULD play hidden and they won't be able to sleep!

jasoninsane123
30th July 2008, 10:58
i know this is off topic but you should try to sell this game i think it will sell pretty good i have over 20 members in my clan playing the game right now

and one more thing are you guys going to make it so more then 10 people can play this would make it better

QReaper
30th July 2008, 11:17
and one more thing are you guys going to make it so more then 10 people can play this would make it better

I'm going to go ahead and predict the future:

No.

jasoninsane123
30th July 2008, 11:20
well i have over 20 people wanting to play on one server and cant do it :(

QReaper
30th July 2008, 11:25
well i have over 20 people wanting to play on one server and cant do it :(
Sorry buddy but it just doesn't work well with that many people. Just how it is. Consider investing in a second server perhaps?

jasoninsane123
30th July 2008, 11:28
yeah i was thinking that

Boxy
30th July 2008, 14:06
Yeah, the mod will never cater for more than nine players in total. With all those players AND all that physics flying around servers are already crumbling under the sheer effort it takes to run HS as it is. Putting 18+ players in there would be total anti-fun to be honest and cripple most servers...

lep0tter
30th July 2008, 19:06
I'm sure if this game was ever 17 IRIS vs 1 Hidden you'll still have people whining about the hidden using nades =P

I mean, can you blame him!? He's against an entire legion of armed men!

Paegus
30th July 2008, 19:16
hardly a problem for the wrong kind of hidden. but that's already been discussed. the phys/ragdolls would kill the server.

-SM-SUCKER
30th July 2008, 19:35
...people whining...
They would even cry more if certain Hiddens would start winning against 16 IRIS.
Besides, what would the round time have to be? 10 minutes? I wouldn't want to be one of those killed in the first two minutes then. 8 IRIS is fine. It's well balanced.

Demented
31st July 2008, 05:14
4 minutes. 17 IRIS. Maximum fun.
(Let's not forget a parade of explosive barrels.)

the phys/ragdolls would kill the server.

Depending on the server. Most CS:S-sufficient servers would weep and cry while Hidden forcibly inserts its massive calculation overhead into their sensitive pipelines.

Merciless
31st July 2008, 11:14
back to the main topic, so basically your admitting that most of the forum has an IQ under 5, and cannot diffrenciate "Guess the b5 release date" with "OFFICIAL B5 DATE ANNOUNCED IN HERE PLOX".

maybe you should just ban the people who start the rumors rather than delete the topics of the people who have done fuck all wrong.

Cheesey
31st July 2008, 13:44
Are you just begging to get banned? I don't think that's a good manoeuvre...

TheOtherDante
31st July 2008, 14:55
i think a good manoeuvre is a hard bank to port and loosening the sails, but thats just me.

Digit*
31st July 2008, 21:40
the opposite of Dante's good manoeuvre is opening a plane's door...while 12000 ft in the air XD

But to address Merciless's shocked condition, the dev team does have the option to delete any thread they deem useless with or without anyone's "second opinion" (they ARE the dev's afterall) and they really don't need a reason if they see fit to do so.

But Ging gave you a reason and i do think, correct me if im wrong, that it was more then suitable given his position. He felt it didn't fit in here so he removed it, end of story.

Otherwise you'd sound like a 5 year old who got handed a cookie by mom and then had it taken away 5 seconds later...drama drama drama. It's just a thread, get over it and make a new (better) one. :)

Merciless
1st August 2008, 01:29
well i guess i didnt realise it was that kind of forum.

i care about --> |-| <-- this much about being banned.

im not making a big deal out of it i just thought it was a shit excuse to delete my thread, because complete idiots believe what other complete idiots say.

I really dont care about posting here to be honest, because im not here to be baby sat and told what to talk about, its a forum, not a god complex playground.

there are far worse people on here that could be being dealt with.

[TSAT]Flow
1st August 2008, 03:56
...because complete idiots believe what other complete idiots say.

Let me get this right... Did you just call yourself a complete idiot? :D

lcpuche
1st August 2008, 05:05
It's just a thread i do not see what the fuzz is about.

Demented
1st August 2008, 06:36
It's just a thread i do not see what the fuzz is about.

Merciless' ego and sense of entitlement were hurt because a thread of his was deleted.

If you had created a thread, you would understand.

TheOtherDante
1st August 2008, 14:12
i think a good manoeuvre is a hard bank to port and loosening the sails, but thats just me.

since noone got the metaphore lets just leave this alone.

Cheesey
1st August 2008, 15:26
Aye aye, captain!

Merciless
1st August 2008, 20:53
Flow;137367']Let me get this right... Did you just call yourself a complete idiot? :D

ok i guess you didnt read the original thread.

the fuss is about the way the forum works not that my thread got deleted.

it makes more sense to me to ban the rumor starters rather than delete the thread which the rumor starters posted in.

i seriously couldnt care less, i posted the thread to try and keep the community looking forward to b5 (and myself), and it got deleted because some assholes posted in it claiming real b5 release dates. it makes way more sense to punish them rather than delete the thread i posted and start saying it was a "bullshit" thread.

-SM-SUCKER
1st August 2008, 22:24
claiming real b5 release dates
Last night I made out with Ging's girlfriend. After one hell of a ride she told me the release date. In fact B5 is ready, the devs are only waiting for that special moment. They want to release it once Sister Mary Elephant gets laid. :D

Paegus
2nd August 2008, 00:20
...so that's the mod done then. well folks, it's been a nice trip.

goodnight.

lcpuche
2nd August 2008, 01:48
YAY! OMG HIDDENz IS OUT !!!111!!ONE

*Just being sarcastic here*

Merciless
2nd August 2008, 09:53
well done, the last 3 posts officially made this thread void! it is now a BS thread and shall be deleted!

-SM-SUCKER
2nd August 2008, 10:59
I am Merciless's complete lack of humor
Chill out

Merciless
2nd August 2008, 12:05
I think the trolling above is quite funny. im just pointing out that, in gings eyes, you just made this thread a "BS thread" to quote him, and it is now deemed deletable.

does anybody even understand what im banging on about?..

fuck it, i dont even care anyway.

Digit*
2nd August 2008, 12:28

Did it take one 5-paged thread for you to realise that?

If you didn't care in the first place you might as well spared yourself all the hassle with this one. :cool:

Cheesey
2nd August 2008, 14:03

OMG, how can you do that? That's something I can't stand, 2 pages here! OMG 5 pages.... I would go nuts...

edit°
2nd August 2008, 16:17
I think the trolling above is quite funny. im just pointing out that, in gings eyes, you just made this thread a "BS thread" to quote him, and it is now deemed deletable.

does anybody even understand what im banging on about?..

Honestly... I don't know the guy that well, but I'd hardly call it a leap of faith to assume ging thought this was a BS thread from the off :p

Ging
2nd August 2008, 18:35
ging thought this was a BS thread from the off :p

yeah, I wouldn't have placed a bet on me not thinking it was BS if I were you.

Demented
2nd August 2008, 19:50

It was a lie. That's just proof we'll need at least 2 threads, possibly with more pages.

lcpuche
2nd August 2008, 22:52
erm 6 pages now:rolleyes:

TheOtherDante
6th August 2008, 14:51
Last night I made out with Ging's girlfriend. After one hell of a ride she told me the release date. In fact B5 is ready, the devs are only waiting for that special moment. They want to release it once Sister Mary Elephant gets laid. :D

well you already commeted one foul deed, how 'bout one more.

go on prince take one for he team...