PDA

View Full Version : Hidden:Source Tournament

Phaedrus
10th July 2008, 19:15
Welcome to the 4v4 Hidden:Source Tournament thread. The tournament is scheduled for the weekend of July 26-27 2008. If you would like to play, please post your name, time availability and any players you would like to be teamed with. If you have any questions or suggestions, please private message (http://forum.hidden-source.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=4634) me or add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends.

Rules

Servers:
EU home matches are to be played on CC (steam://connect/88.198.48.172:27061) (connect).
US home matches are to be played on PNA (steam://connect/216.52.148.45:27015) (connect).

Teams:
Players must have a valid STEAM account which must NOT be banned by VAC2 or either server.
Any player's average ping on either server must NOT exceed 200ms.
Player substitutions can be made any time up until the match begins.

Matches:
Match times are in Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).
The match is forfeited if either team is unable to start within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
Matches should take no longer than 20 minutes to play.
Teams will play each other twice; once on each team's home server.
Match results must be reported to an admin by the winning team.

Settings:
Matches are 8 rounds each.
Round time is 2.5 minutes.
Friendly fire is on.
Pipebombs are limited.
Pigstick is off.
Alltalk is off.
Death notices are off.

Match Script:
Players can join a team by typing !team1 or !team2.
Players can leave a team by typing !spec or by joining the other team.
Players can check team status by typing !teams.
Players can toggle their ready status by typing !ready or !unready.
*Players can toggle automatic screenshots of their kills by typing !sson or !ssoff.
Players can NOT enter the game before the match.
Players can NOT change teams or unready during the match.
Players will automatically rejoin their team when reconnecting during a match.
Player demos will start and stop automatically each round.
The match will start when both teams are full and ready.
*The match will pause up to 60 seconds if a non-spectator is disconnected before the round.
*The match will resume after a server crash if everyone reconnects within 5 minutes.
Teams will alternate turns as IRIS and Hidden.
Players will be spectators when their teammates are the Hidden.
Each round 4 IRIS from one team will play 1 Hidden from the other team.
Each round has a 5 second warmup period where players can NOT move or attack.
Match scoring is done by rounds, then kills, then damage.

Player Conduct:
Insults, offensive language, and racism is NOT permitted in ANY form (name, chat, spray, etc.)
Vent (or any other such confined space) camping is NOT permitted.
Bunny hopping is NOT permitted.
Player misconduct may result in forfeit of rounds and/or the match.

* Not yet implemented
Admins:
Phaedrus

EU Teams - (Home Server: CC)
Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, Ares - Alt: Darth Nader
Team Phys: CoPraS, Darth Nader, Arcos, 3LG

US Teams (Home Server: PNA)
Team Yarr: Wench, Dante, Elbig, Zabiela
Team 10LC: lcpuche, Fiskbit, TheMorris, Aphi, Genre, X

Results
-Team Roar vs Team Phys-
Ares, Flow, MoP, and Zim from Team Roar took on CoPraS, Arcas, Darth Nader, and 3LG from Team Phys in the first game of the tournament. With such experienced players on both sides, it was very close, but Team Roar won both matches 5 rounds to 3 for a combined 10-6 win. The 4-man IRIS teams turned out to be a handful against the even craftiest Hidden tactics. The IRIS teams dispatched the Hidden 14 out of 16 rounds and with only 11 IRIS deaths total.

-Team 10LC vs Team Yarr-
Elbig, Wench, Zabiela, and Dante from Team Yarr squared off against Team 10LC's Aphidoidea, TheMorris, lcpuche, and Genre in the second game of the tournament. Again, the match was close, with the Hidden players continuing to have trouble against IRIS. The first match ended 4-4 with no Hidden victories. With the rounds tied, the match was decided by kills with Team 10LC winning 11-6. After losing the first round of the second match, Team Yarr won 3 straight rounds to pull ahead 3-1, but Team 10LC tied it up with a last round Hidden victory over a short handed Team Yarr as Wench's computer completely shutdown before the round. Again the match was decided by kills, this time going to Team Yarr 9-6. Edging out the victory by total kills (17-15), Team 10LC moves on to face Team Roar in the finals tomorrow and Team Yarr will face Team Phys.

-Team Roar vs Team 10LC-
Darth Nader turned to the dark side, joining Zim, MoP, and Ares on Team Roar for the championship game against Team 10LC's Aphi, lcpuche, X, and Fiskbit. The first match was played on CC. The match was even early on, but Ares pulled off a Hidden win mid way and Team Roar pulled ahead, but in the last round, X tied it up with a Hidden win of his own. The match went to Team Roar by kills (9-6). The game moved to PNA for the second match and Team Roar jumped to a 2-0 lead as Zim got his third Hidden win of the tournament. Team 10LC played hard with some very close Hidden rounds, but were unable to recover, losing the match on rounds (3-5). Team Roar is the tournament champion, going undefeated in 4 matches, winning 19 rounds with 38 kills and 5551 damage done. Congratulations Team Roar!

Standings

[ TEAM ] [ W ] [ L ] [ T ] [ RF ] [ RA ] [ KF ] [ KA ] [ DF ] [ DA ]
---------- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ------ ------
Team Roar 4 0 0 19 13 38 20 5551 3909
Team 10LC 1 3 0 15 17 31 34 4918 4960
Team Yarr 1 1 0 8 8 15 17 2208 2519
Team Phys 0 2 0 6 10 6 19 1510 2799

Key: W - Win, L - Loss, T - Tie, RF - Rounds For, RA - Rounds Against
KF - Kills For, KA - Kills Against, DF - Damage For, DA - Damage Against
Schedule

[ MATCH ] [ SVR ] [ MAP ] [ DATE - TIME ] [ SCORE ]
----------------------- ----- ----------- ----------------- -------
Team Roar at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:00 EST 5 - 3
Team Phys at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:30 EST 3 - 5
Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 20:30 EST 4 - 4
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 21:00 EST 4 - 4
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST 4 - 4
Team Roar at Team 10LC CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST 5 - 3
Team Phys at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:00 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Phys PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A
You can private message (http://forum.hidden-source.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=4634) me or add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends if you need to discuss teams or matches.

TheOtherDante
10th July 2008, 19:35
sounds like fun ill hit up whency see if she's intrested.

lcpuche
10th July 2008, 21:15
Hey im in!

Master of Puppets
10th July 2008, 21:27
Sounds nice. Looks like a place to meet all the regulars under one roof. Sign me in ;)

[TSAT]Flow
10th July 2008, 21:30
Interesting...

I'm not sure if i am skilled enough to join this tournament...

Sign me in anyway :D

Paegus
10th July 2008, 21:57
i probably wont be on tap that weekend either for play or admin-ing but let me know if you want the cake for it phaephae and i'll dump whatever configs you have in mind there and lend you rcon for the day.

Phaedrus
11th July 2008, 00:14
Flow, I'm sure you'll do fine. The tourney is open to players of any skill level and I'm sure we will have a mix. It's a team effort, with each player only Hidden twice per match, so it shouldn't be too much pressure. Besides, that part of the fun of competitive play. I bet it will really get your heart pumping when it's your turn.

Paegus, thanks for donating the server time. That will be a tremendous help. Optimally we will have an admin in the 9th slot of each server to exec the configs and record the results. If you won't be around, I can do so remotely if there is nobody else available that you trust.

Wench has agreed to use PNA to host matches and CuBe told me he will set up 1-2 new HiddenBase.de servers for the matches.

I have decided to add a poll to see what is the best date/time for the players. If need be, we can split up the tournament across multiple date/times, but if we can get everyone to agree on a date/time, then it shouldn't take longer than a couple hours to finish, if we have a good server to player ratio.

Also, I would like to ask you all to help get the word out. Not everyone checks the forums regularly. Even if your friends aren't registered here, you can sign up for them. Thanks.

killahax
11th July 2008, 01:28
im in

Genre
11th July 2008, 03:36
I shall try very hard to make it sometime on the 26th. It depends on my work schedule, which I haven't looked at in a while.

TheMorris
11th July 2008, 04:26
Haven't played in at least a month, so this should be a fun way to get back into the game for a bit.

MrBone
11th July 2008, 11:08
How are the points scored? Standard kills or do you have anything else up your sleeve?

FFAF
11th July 2008, 11:18
Would be great if spectators could join, Sourcetv style!

Paegus
11th July 2008, 12:36
SourceTV doesn't work for hidden yet i'm afraid. at least it didn't before and since no code has changed...

though i'm a little doubious as to how likely the hidden is the ever lose. 1v4 isn't much of a challenge is it?

TheOtherDante
11th July 2008, 12:56
hey pead PNA server is actually a US central sever so you can use it for both East and west

and yes ill participate... something to do while we wiat for B5.:D

can it be on a sat,sun so its easier for me.

-SM-SUCKER
11th July 2008, 14:19
though i'm a little doubious as to how likely the hidden is the ever lose. 1v4 isn't much of a challenge is it?
True, but maybe bigger teams can be created if more people join in.
And a well coordinated team of "vets" could be able to do a lot of damage if they camp in the right spots:p
You should add a poll option that everybody hits, so you can see how many and who enlisted.

Paegus
11th July 2008, 14:24
*cough (http://forum.hidden-source.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=134)*

siervua
11th July 2008, 15:01
Pna is yours for the day. I'd be able to make it on a Sunday.

Are we able to choose our own teams? If so I already know who I want :P

MrBone
11th July 2008, 16:38
*cough (http://forum.hidden-source.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=134)*

Errr, I see my name in them there polls. Does that mean I signed up?

And just to ask again, how will it be scored, pure kills?

Could be fun to have a few special events as well, something like an xbox race or football version with Jimmeh and shotguns. Kinda like special olympics :P
I'm going to hell for that last bit...

Phaedrus
11th July 2008, 16:56
How are the points scored? Standard kills or do you have anything else up your sleeve?

The match outcome is determined by rounds won. The match will work like this: each player on team A will each take a turn as Hidden against team B, then each player on team B will take a turn as Hidden against team A. This would be the first half of the match (8 rounds). If there is a latency imbalance between teams, the second half of the match (8 rounds) can be played on a different server. The first team to win 9 rounds, wins the match.

Balance is a concern of mine and I am open to suggestions. Here are the tournament server settings which I think affect the balance:

hdn_deathnotices 0 // No death messages
hdn_limitbombs 1 // Hidden will get 1 pipebomb
sv_alltalk 0 // Hidden cannot hear IRIS chat
sv_pigstick 0 // No pigstick
mp_friendlyfire 1 // Friendly fire is on
mp_roundtime 180 // 3 minute rounds

I had thought that 4 cooperative IRIS should be able to compete against the Hidden under these conditions, but perhaps you are right. Maybe we should have friendly fire off? And what about the round time? Also, we could use a script to strip the pipebomb.

hey pead PNA server is actually a US central sever so you can use it for both East and west

and yes ill participate... something to do while we wiat for B5.:D

can it be on a sat,sun so its easier for me.

According to this (http://www.game-monitor.com/hidden2_GameServer/216.52.148.45:27015/PNA_PS-Off_FF-On_Limited_PB_Mod._Weighted.html) it is located in Seattle. And "sat,sun"? Which is better? Also, everyone should vote in the poll for all the times that will work, not just the best time. Right now it looks like Sunday will be better for most people.

True, but maybe bigger teams can be created if more people join in.
And a well coordinated team of "vets" could be able to do a lot of damage if they camp in the right spots:p

Any larger than 4 players and both teams would not be able to fit in the server at the same time, which I think would really slow things down. Perhaps we could do a free-for-all style tournament where the top 4 players from each server move on. The bottom halves could face each other in a double elimination match. Maybe next time?

Are we able to choose our own teams? If so I already know who I want :P

Yes, you can select your teammates.

Invader_Zim
11th July 2008, 17:01
The Zim is in :)

Phaedrus
11th July 2008, 17:03
Errr, I see my name in them there polls. Does that mean I signed up?

And just to ask again, how will it be scored, pure kills?

Could be fun to have a few special events as well, something like an xbox race or football version with Jimmeh and shotguns. Kinda like special olympics :P
I'm going to hell for that last bit...

I am keeping a list of players in the first post and I am adding voters to it so you are included. :p

Special events could be fun. Ideas are welcome. Perhaps I (or someone) can make a simple custom map with some fun obstacles: a pounce track, jimmeh basketball, xbox crate breaking, knock down barrel pyramid, etc.

CoPraS
11th July 2008, 17:28
Count me in

Greetz CoPraS

TheOtherDante
11th July 2008, 19:31
According to this (http://www.game-monitor.com/hidden2_GameServer/216.52.148.45:27015/PNA_PS-Off_FF-On_Limited_PB_Mod._Weighted.html) it is located in Seattle.

strange that i seem to have a better connection to a Seattle server than a LA on...? oh well guess ill just deal with it.

Elbig
11th July 2008, 21:18
Count me in if you still need some ppl for a team :)

FFAF
11th July 2008, 21:50
well if Zim is in, then count on me too^^

i hope i finish the Paintball training with my team early enough!

siervua
14th July 2008, 12:44
Don't know why its saying PNA is in Seattle. But the server is in Chicago.

Also I need a team. So far I have Squirrel :P Anyone else? :P Elbig? Dante? Genre?

Wenchy

TheOtherDante
14th July 2008, 12:55
Yarr iaam but'a loyal servant aboard yar vessel wenchy, ya can count'meh innnn

/Pirate impersonasion

oh and Phead its just Dante in game so people dont get confused.

lcpuche
14th July 2008, 13:24
Wait so when is this? I will be going!

(im probably gonna get my ass kicked)

TheOtherDante
14th July 2008, 14:53
Wait so when is this? I will be going!

(im probably gonna get my ass kicked)

the dates are in the poll above

(its not about getting your ass kicked, more about showing off your fancy new brown pants)

Phaedrus
14th July 2008, 16:48
Alright, we have 15 players so far, just shy of enough for 4 teams. You can see the list on the first post (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=9733).

Match times will be determined once the teams are settled and I can get more accurate availability from them. This may not be until the weekend of the tournament. Teams can make substitutions up until the match starts to fill in for unavailable players. Please add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends so I can reach you for the matches.

EDIT: Check the first post for details.

lcpuche
14th July 2008, 18:39
Icpuche

I = L

Phaedrus
14th July 2008, 18:40
Sorry, fixed.

lcpuche
14th July 2008, 18:41
Should someone create a group? To set the times right

Phaedrus
14th July 2008, 18:43
I'm don't think that will be necessary, but perhaps.

-SM-SUCKER
14th July 2008, 20:20
Would love to participate, but time will be short during the next few weekends.
Sorry, dudes :(

Hannibal
14th July 2008, 23:43
well, CoPraS want me to join his team (Euro team2)...so I guess I do that if it's okey, I have nothing better to do.

but...there could be a problem, I am banned from the Clandestine Cake atm, maybe the admins could make an exception?

Phaedrus
15th July 2008, 00:03
I'll add you to his team for now and wait for Paeg to answer.

FFAF
15th July 2008, 09:47
Will the instakill protection during the tourney on clandestine be active? If yes, will it be active on all the other servers to make it even? Are all the servers 66 tick or 100 tick or mixed?

IMO friendly fire should be on!

Paegus
15th July 2008, 10:55
the server will be passworded to i was planning on temporarily removing the ban list and all plugins and server mods so purely rcon access. Though come to think of it, it sounds like some form of event script may be employed to regulate who gets what. I'll talk to phae though about it since it wont be running in tournament mode all day i think. might even just see about setting up a side server solely for this.

And if you'd thought to check, Hannibal, you'd have found that your ban expired a while back. so lets see how much longer you last this time...

as is the server runs at 66 tick as that's more in line with what b5 will be as far as i'm aware and it provides a greater challenge for the hidden overall. if everyone agrees that 100 is better for hidden (though i still find this all thoroughly amusing given the 4v1 nature and the current set of players involved) then i'll talk to chilli. and if i can't get in touch with him in time then i doubt he'll mind it running slightly hotter for a day or so.

e: are you planning on being strict with file consistency phae?

TheOtherDante
15th July 2008, 15:08
i think a few resrictions should be added along the lines of "instagibbing" and "camping".

and maybe following the tourneys major rounds we can do special bonus rounds like 303 only with hidden only having 12 hp, but super pounce.

just some thoughts...

and another edit...

phead i forgot to ask last night before i went offline if you where going to be demoing the rounds and possible posting the recordings some where.

lcpuche
15th July 2008, 15:32
Well, there is a group up anyone who hasn't joined pm me or phed with emails so we can send invites

Phaedrus
15th July 2008, 15:43
Will the instakill protection during the tourney on clandestine be active? If yes, will it be active on all the other servers to make it even? Are all the servers 66 tick or 100 tick or mixed?

IMO friendly fire should be on!

PNA is 100 tick. CC is 66 tick. Though it would be nice, I don't think it is absolutely necessary that both run the same tickrate. I don't think PNA can readily change theirs, so it would be up to CC to match it.

the server will be passworded to i was planning on temporarily removing the ban list and all plugins and server mods so purely rcon access. Though come to think of it, it sounds like some form of event script may be employed to regulate who gets what. I'll talk to phae though about it since it wont be running in tournament mode all day i think. might even just see about setting up a side server solely for this.

And if you'd thought to check, Hannibal, you'd have found that your ban expired a while back. so lets see how much longer you last this time...

as is the server runs at 66 tick as that's more in line with what b5 will be as far as i'm aware and it provides a greater challenge for the hidden overall. if everyone agrees that 100 is better for hidden (though i still find this all thoroughly amusing given the 4v1 nature and the current set of players involved) then i'll talk to chilli. and if i can't get in touch with him in time then i doubt he'll mind it running slightly hotter for a day or so.

I have been considering a custom script to assign teams, control rounds, and record results. I have not written anything as of yet, but I may. It would have to be fairly robust to handle possible problems such as disconnections and substitutions. I had not planned on strict file consistency, but perhaps I should.

i think a few resrictions should be added along the lines of "instagibbing" and "camping".

and maybe following the tourneys major rounds we can do special bonus rounds like 303 only with hidden only having 12 hp, but super pounce.

just some thoughts...

and another edit...

phead i forgot to ask last night before i went offline if you where going to be demoing the rounds and possible posting the recordings some where.

Even if I don't write a tournament control script, I think I will write a simple script to scale physics damage to prevent instagib. I will consider demos, but I don't think I will have the time to edit a movie or anything like that.

TheOtherDante
15th July 2008, 15:51
maybe some one else in the community will be up for it, hell it would be pretty cool if we can get some commentary going for them maybe even the Team leaders sitting in on it.

FFAF
15th July 2008, 16:17
I think instagibbing should be possible its a b4 tourney! How about camping more than 30 Secs the same spot you will explode:rolleyes:!

Phaedrus
15th July 2008, 16:25
I intend to be present for all of the matches to referee them. With a 4v1, I think "strategic" positioning should be allowed, but exploitive camping such as the highrise fence or the derelict trash bin will not be allowed. As for instagib, I suppose I can leave it to the two teams to agree on before the match.

Elbig
15th July 2008, 16:39
This is going to be funn ehh :)

Paegus
15th July 2008, 17:24
i spoke to chilly today and he has no objections to my fiddling with tickrates or even a temp server just for the day so i'll probably go with a temp one as it's safer and wont interrupt the usual service.

Fiskbit
16th July 2008, 00:47
I'm interested in playing. I should be available for all of those times.

TravisTheUSSJ
16th July 2008, 01:43
Sign me up phaed. I work 8am - 4pm tues wed off. Glad to be a alternate.

Phaedrus
16th July 2008, 01:56
If anyone is interested, I want to organize a Hidden:Source 4v4 tournament. I am still working out the details, but here are my initial ideas...

Each player from one team will play as Hidden against the other team, while the rest of their team spectates. The teams will take turns in this fashion until each player has had two turns as Hidden for a total of 16 rounds per match. In the event of a tie, the team with the highest combined score will be deemed the winner.

Given the size of the community and the locations of it's players, such a tournament will be somewhat difficult to administer, so I am asking for assistance. If we can get 1 US West, 1 US East, and 1 Europe server to help host this event, I have made standardized configurations (see attachment). If not, teams will have to agree on an empty, ping neutral server which we can fill for the match (8 players + 1 admin).

I would like to tentatively schedule the tournament for Saturday, July 26th 2008 at 10:00AM. I will be free the entire weekend to administer and record matches. Depending on the response and availability, the tournament may need to be on an as available basis, which means teams can schedule matches and the tournament will progress more slowly.

If you are interested in playing, post your name and location. If you want to team up with your buddies, please say so and I will record the teams in this post. Otherwise, I will organize teams based on location. If you can host a server, please post it's name and location. Suggestions are also welcome. Thank you.

Admins:
Phaedrus

These are the preliminary teams, based on what info I have for location and availability. These are only preliminary. If you would like to be moved for any reason, please private message (http://forum.hidden-source.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=4634) me. I will do my best to accommodate you. Also, let me know if you want your team name updated.

Euro Teams
Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, MrBone, [TSAT]Flow
Team iPhys: TheMorris, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Hannibal

US Teams
Team Yarr: Wench, Dante, Elbig, Silver Squirrl
Team 10LC: Word., killahax, lcpuche, Genre

Alternates
Aphidoidea
Fiskbit
TravisTheUSSJ

Alternates will fill in for missing players.

Official Servers
Euro: CC
US: PNA

European matches will be played on Clandestine Cake. US matches will be played on PNA. Euro-US matches will be played half on each.

Round 1 Matches
Team Roar vs Team iPhys on Stalkyard <Match Time> <Results>
Team Yarr vs Team 10LC on Stalkyard <Match Time> <Results>

Round 2 Matches
Team Roar vs Team Yarr on Train Depot <Match Time> <Results>
Team iPhys vs Team 10LC on Train Depot <Match Time> <Results>

Round 3 Matches
Team Roar vs Team 10LC on Executive <Match Time> <Results>
Team Yarr vs Team iPhys on Executive <Match Time> <Results>

Playoffs
To be determined...

With 4 teams, we will have every team play each other once. After this, the standings will be determined by match/round record. This means standings will be based on matches won, then rounds won if there is a tie in matches. Once the standings are determined, the top two teams will play a best of 3 series to determine the winner. Optionally, the bottom two teams can play a best of 3 series as well.

Match times will be determined once the teams are settled and I can get more accurate availability from them. This may not be until the weekend of the tournament. Teams can make substitutions up until the match starts to fill in for unavailable players. Please add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends so I can reach you for the matches.

First post has been updated with alternates and maps to be played for the first 3 rounds of the match. Signups are still open and new teams can be formed if we get enough alternates.

Master of Puppets
16th July 2008, 02:06
I would prefer it to be in the afternoon if its going to be on Saturday. Cause as i know myself i will come home around 7 in the morning after Fridays parties. But if others want it in the forenoon i will be there.

Phaedrus
16th July 2008, 02:11
Yeah, I need to work out the play schedule with the players involved. The poll hasn't exactly been decisive. We will just have to arrange match times that work between teams and work in alternates.

Genre
16th July 2008, 02:56
Ok, I can make it both days, anytime after 6pm(-7 MST), so sign me up for that.

I can't believe you actually put 10LC lol

-Silєηt-
16th July 2008, 04:05
Id Be Really Interested If U Wanna Put Me In There Somewhere =)

-Silєηt-
16th July 2008, 04:08
im in

lol

Knigh7s
16th July 2008, 05:47
I'll be to busy with my son to be able to play, but my server is all yours for as long as you need it!

Let me know what you would like to do. Last I checked you still had full access to the server... but ftp might have changed.

ProgrammedToConsume
16th July 2008, 05:56
I'd love to see 10LC go against iPhys.

If some is in dire need of an alternate, I might be able to help out.

Phaedrus
16th July 2008, 07:14
I have added you guys as alternates for now. I may form more teams, depending on players and availability. Speaking of which, match times need to be set and to do so, I need EVERYONE to vote in the poll for ALL the times that they can play. This will help determine if any team changes need to be made and/or if alternates need to be assigned for a particular match. I will be available the entire weekend to coordinate the matches. I will attend every match to referee as well as record team and individual scores, which I will post here.

Knigh7s, thanks for the offer, but I don't think we will need your server at this time. If I still have access, I have lost the info. Can you PM it to me, in case it turns out we need it? Thanks in advance.

Paegus
16th July 2008, 11:42
First post has been updated with alternates and maps to be played for the first 3 rounds of the match. Signups are still open and new teams can be formed if we get enough alternates.

isn't the whole thing just going to be on stalkyard or something?

Hannibal
16th July 2008, 11:46
isn't the whole thing just going to be on stalkyard or something?

I agree, I want stalkyard only.
I think the rest of the team iPhys agree with me because it's the best physkilling map.

FFAF
16th July 2008, 12:23
Yes, Stalkyard only would be very nice (i hate executive)!

siervua
16th July 2008, 16:54
PNA can change the tickrate if necesary.

TheChrist
16th July 2008, 19:25
10 on Team iPhys.

Phaedrus
16th July 2008, 22:21
I have changed the maps back to stalkyard for the preliminary rounds, but I reserve the right to choose a different one for the playoffs. :p

I have spent the last 6 hours coding the beginnings of the Tournament script and it is shaping up nicely. This will really automate the gameplay to the point that an admin won't necessarily be needed. I would say that I am about 75&#37; finished at this point (800+ lines of code so far). All that's left is the selection and scoring systems, which shouldn't take too much more work.

Here is how it works (so far):

When players connect, they are put into an unassigned queue. Players can join either team 1 or team 2 with the commands !join1 and !join2 respectively. Once a player has joined a team, they can set their ready status with the !ready and !unready commands. You can see the ready status of both teams by with the !status command. You can return to spectator with the !spec command. Players are prompted with the commands as needed. When they connect, the script will tell them to !join1 or !join2. When they join a team, the script tells them how to !ready and !unready or !spec. The script also enforces team size and resets their ready state if they leave their team.

When both teams are full and ready, the teams are locked, the tournament configuration is set, scores cleared, and the match begins after 3 restarts. Players can no longer !unready and the match will proceed until completion. Any unassigned players will be kicked or forced to spectate, depending on the settings. Connecting players will also be kicked or forced to spectate, based on the same setting, unless they are on a team and were disconnected, in which case they are immediately returned to their team and their score is restored. The script has a list of admins that may spectate without being kicked.

The script will then randomly selects a team to go first on the Hidden side. Each of its players will take a turn as the Hidden against the other team, while their teammates spectate. The script will record and announce the results after each round, until each player has had 2 turns as the Hidden. At the end of the match, the script will determine a winner based on rounds won. If the rounds are tied, combined team score will determine the winner. If the score is tied, combined team damage will determine the winner. If that is tied, you're screwed. :p

I am going out of town until Monday. When I get back, I will be finalizing the teams and picking match times as well as finishing this script.

Master of Puppets
16th July 2008, 22:57
Great job Phaed! Looking forward to it.

-SM-SUCKER
17th July 2008, 00:02
What happenes if the server crashes during the match. Or a client timeout.
Does the script save it's values after each round?
Hidden does crash eventually :(

Paegus
17th July 2008, 00:19
especially if you die while grabbing a prop... not that i expect much physing.

and no forced demos then huh?

Phaedrus
17th July 2008, 01:12
What happenes if the server crashes during the match. Or a client timeout.
Does the script save it's values after each round?
Hidden does crash eventually :(

The match state is saved at the end of each round. I still need to build a restore process though, as well as a half match function for when multiple servers are to be used for ping equality. As for timeouts, the player scores are saved and restored automatically when they reconnect. I could build in match pausing in the case of disconnections and a possible player substitution scheme, but that gets complicated.

I will think about this, but I think it may be easiest to come up with a rule for voiding or forfeiting the match, like in competitive gaming leagues. Usually play continues short handed unless the team decides to forfeit the remaining rounds and end the match. I suppose we can void the match if this occurs early on, like before the 5th round or something. I will be working on an official rule set and this will be covered in them.

especially if you die while grabbing a prop... not that i expect much physing.

and no forced demos then huh?

There is an autodemo feature which starts a demo for each player (name format: HST_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS) at the beginning of each round of the match. The demo stops at the end of each round of the match, after the result printout. Every player will have the exact same set of demos, from the same time frames, but from their point of view. This could allow for some cool videos of the same action from multiple angles and there should be some awesome action given the talent involved in this tournament.

Digit*
17th July 2008, 10:52
After being harassed by puppets, i have decided i might also join up in this tourney...since i have vacation all time specifications are not a problem to me.

So...beam me up Phaedrus! Er...Scotty! O.o

Paegus
17th July 2008, 12:19
additional question: do spectators hear iris/hidden voice chat? i think they just might, at least iris, but don't have anyone to test it on right now...

not that i don't trust people not to ghost or anything but some may be sharing connections and even playing from the same room so... well you know...

Master of Puppets
17th July 2008, 12:23
I have a feeling they do. Tho this can be sorted by a teamspeak or vent. Ill ask around if i can get us some for the tournament. Also which one you prefer. TS or Vent?

Paegus
17th July 2008, 12:25
doesn't the steam community thing have a voice chat system? or does it lack PTT functionality?

Master of Puppets
17th July 2008, 12:29
Ye it does. And i think you can set it up somewhere to ptt. /me searches...

Here it is. Steam/Settings/Voice use ptt. If you dont see it update the steam client.

Paegus
17th July 2008, 12:41
hmm added in yesterday (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1703&cc=US)'s update... how convenient.

plus side being everyone has it (assuming they've updated recently) though i've yet to test it out ingame.

[TSAT]Flow
17th July 2008, 12:58
Dont worry, Zim and me wont cheat! :D

TheOtherDante
17th July 2008, 14:23
hmm added in yesterday (http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1703&cc=US)'s update... how convenient.

plus side being everyone has it (assuming they've updated recently) though i've yet to test it out ingame.

maybe steam has a spy in our forums:confused:

"There's a spy sapping my post!!!"

Invader_Zim
17th July 2008, 15:12
Flow? We won't? :(

:p jk^^

Nah we won't cheat^^ *promises* :o

Master of Puppets
17th July 2008, 17:03
Also i want every computer to be scanned for anything having "made by Digit*" inside :D

Digit*
18th July 2008, 14:03
Fool, your efforts will be futile...my h4x are undetectable. :D

Master of Puppets
19th July 2008, 19:42
Ok i got us a TS server if we need one.

lcpuche
20th July 2008, 19:09
So what date/time is it really going to be? Because the bunch of dates at the top aren't helping

Demented
20th July 2008, 19:31
View poll results. The date with the most people is it. (Though, at the moment there's a tie between 3-4 dates.)

Alonzo
21st July 2008, 17:19
I'd like to play if any team has an open spot. I play as Solon now, if anyone has seen me in game.

Just PM me if you need another player.

Phaedrus
21st July 2008, 18:37
I will be working on finalizing the teams and getting match times set for this weekend. Since the poll is proving pretty worthless, I am trying to contact everyone involved to get a better idea of availabilities. Please add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends and PM me when you can play if I haven't already contacted you. Thanks.

Phaedrus
22nd July 2008, 00:07
I have updated the first post. I have talked to most of the players involved and updated the teams. I still have a few people left to talk to before I schedule the matches. As you can see below, I have added sections for the standings and schedule, which I will update with results. I am still working on the rules and match script.

Welcome to the 4v4 Hidden:Source Tournament thread. The tournament is scheduled for the weekend of July 26-27 2008. If you would like to play, please post your name, time availability and any players you would like to be teamed with. If you have any questions or suggestions, please private message (http://forum.hidden-source.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=4634) me or add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends.

Rules
To be announced...

Admins:
Phaedrus

Euro Teams - (Home Server: CC)
Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, MrBone, [TSAT]Flow
Team Phys: Digit*, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Hannibal
Alternates: TheChrist

Team 10LC: Word., Aphidoidea, TheMorris, killahax
Team Stab: lcpuche, Fiskbit, -Silєηt-, Lord Xemnas
Alternates: Genre, TravisTheUSSJ, Solon

Standings

[ TEAM ] [ W ] [ L ] [ T ] [ RF ] [ RA ]
---------- --- --- --- ---- ----
Team Roar 0 0 0 0 0
Team Phys 0 0 0 0 0
Team Yarr 0 0 0 0 0
Team 10LC 0 0 0 0 0
Team Stab 0 0 0 0 0

Schedule

Team Roar at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A

Playoffs
To be determined...

You can private message (http://forum.hidden-source.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=4634) me or add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends if you need to discuss teams or matches.

Paegus
22nd July 2008, 07:33
if you're doing EU vs US at US and then US vs EU at US then i think you're going to run into problems if the 'home' team is always hidden or iris as the pings will it unbalances it :S

especially for US Westers

Digit*
22nd July 2008, 11:23
So i see im in team Phys now, well i can live with that :rolleyes:

But i have a question regarding the servers, even though i have my doubts that physkills will be used a lot in such a high level tourney, i was just wondering IF someone actually tried to pull it off will the PNA server sport thesame anti-insta frag script as CC or will it be removed?

Since trying to do physkills against a team of skilled players is already hard enough, it would also be unfair if (when you actually pull off a 100 dmg hit or higher) that your target still remains alive, and with a bit of luck frags you despite your best efforts.

p.s. I just thought of something else right before i wanted to hit the "submit reply" button.

What about the tickrate? Since i know CC has a 66 tick but i dont know what PNA has it might prove a bit confusing at some point if tickrate's vary. Like playing with 66 on CC and suddenly you have 100 tick on PNA. It might prove difficult since one moment your getting used to 66 or 100 and then suddenly it changes.

Well that was on my mind anyway :)

Paegus
22nd July 2008, 12:05
thread check, isle Digit*

&

i spoke to chilly today and he has no objections to my fiddling with tickrates or even a temp server just for the day so i'll probably go with a temp one as it's safer and wont interrupt the usual service.

:D

Digit*
22nd July 2008, 14:15
Actually my diabolical plan of having some dude check it out for me rather then spitting through the thread myself worked out perfectly ^^ Muha!

But thanks paeg. :D

Phaedrus
22nd July 2008, 14:44
if you're doing EU vs US at US and then US vs EU at US then i think you're going to run into problems if the 'home' team is always hidden or iris as the pings will it unbalances it :S

especially for US Westers

I am still working on the rules, but it will be as fair as possible. Each team plays every other team twice, once at home and once away. In the case of both US or both EU teams, the two matches can be played concurrently on the same server. EU vs US teams will play one on each. During each match both teams will get same amount of turns as Hidden and IRIS. Right now, I am thinking it will be 8, two minute rounds, where each player gets one turn as Hidden vs the other team.

EDIT: With 5 teams, each team will compile an 8 game record. The best 4 teams will face off in an elimination to determine the winner.

Digit*
22nd July 2008, 18:53
Right now, I am thinking it will be 8, two minute rounds

Two minutes is an awful short time, even if you are up against only 4 guys. Don't you think this enforces too much of a play2win game?

"Omfg only two minutes!!one1!! Gotta slash em all, Hiddenmon!!1"

Maybe 3 minutes would be more suitable...gives time for engaging the enemy and even some time too, i dunno, try to mess around with your opponent a bit.

Phaedrus
22nd July 2008, 19:19
Two minutes is an awful short time, even if you are up against only 4 guys. Don't you think this enforces too much of a play2win game?

"Omfg only two minutes!!one1!! Gotta slash em all, Hiddenmon!!1"

Maybe 3 minutes would be more suitable...gives time for engaging the enemy and even some time too, i dunno, try to mess around with your opponent a bit.

Well, my original configuration was 3 minutes, but I decided to reduce it to shorten the potential match time. The pace should be fast or the tournament would drag out too long. The matches are intended to be competitive, so "play2win" should be the attitude. The Hidden should feel a bit rushed, but have enough time to get things done. Teasing should be at a minimum. Perhaps 2 minutes is too short. I will consider changing it to 2.5 minutes. I hope to play test a match later this week, once the script is finished. This should give me a better idea of what settings to use.

Hannibal
22nd July 2008, 20:11
sorry guys (mostly to team iPhys) but I won't make it home to this tournament and I can't play from here. I'm in Finland atm and the boat leave on Sunday.

anyway, good luck guys, to all of you.

ps: I didn't want this to happen, but... it did.

MrBone
22nd July 2008, 22:37
Same here, can't play in the tourney.

Leaving for vacation on a private little island, would have been awesome to play with you guys but teh internet tubes don't flow well out there.

I expect Team Roar! to kick some ass tho :D

And i want to see videos when I come back!

Phaedrus
22nd July 2008, 22:39
sorry guys (mostly to team iPhys) but I won't make it home to this tournament and I can't play from here. I'm in Finland atm and the boat leave on Sunday.

anyway, good luck guys, to all of you.

ps: I didn't want this to happen, but... it did.

Same here, can't play in the tourney.

Leaving for vacation on a private little island, would have been awesome to play with you guys but teh internet tubes don't flow well out there.

I expect Team Roar! to kick some ass tho :D

And i want to see videos when I come back!

I'm sorry to see you guys go. I have assigned TheChrist to Team Roar. I'm still looking for an EU guy to fill in for Hannibal.

ProgrammedToConsume
22nd July 2008, 23:00
Damn you Phaedrus I never expected to be put in, now I have to go to through the struggle of getting skilled again.

Phaedrus
22nd July 2008, 23:36
Darth Nader is filling in for Hannibal on Team Phys and Ares has been added to EU alternate list. Match times still to come as I am still waiting for some people's availability. The match script is coming along. I am testing the player controls now...

Rules
To be announced...

Admins:
Phaedrus

Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, TheChrist
Team Phys: Digit*, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Darth Nader
Alternates: Ares

Standings

Team Roar 0 0 0 0 0
Team Phys 0 0 0 0 0
Team Yarr 0 0 0 0 0
Team 10LC 0 0 0 0 0
Team Stab 0 0 0 0 0

Schedule

Team Roar at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Roar at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Roar CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Phys at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Phys CC Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Yarr at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team 10LC at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A
Team Stab at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard N/A N/A

Playoffs
To be determined...

Digit*
23rd July 2008, 13:09
Well phaedrus should you need any help playtesting i'd like to help out. Got way too much spare time on my hands that needs filling so just pm me whenever and i'll see what i can do for you.

Sithun
23rd July 2008, 13:20
Wish i knew if i could join in. I kindof dont know what im doing this weekend.

Paegus
23rd July 2008, 13:31
yeah and hurry up with that script thing so i get Competition Cake (steam://connect/88.198.48.172:27061) up and running in time :D

FFAF
23rd July 2008, 14:16
would be good if we could play the cake with this script before the tourney starts, to get used to it!

The Divine Avenger
23rd July 2008, 15:16
I havnt really played properly in like a month, but im still not too rusty, lucky im just an alternate :D:D

Phaedrus
23rd July 2008, 15:34
Wish i knew if i could join in. I kindof dont know what im doing this weekend.

Did I miss your request somewhere? Where are you located? There is a chance we will need alternates. Add me on steam and hit me up this weekend.

Well phaedrus should you need any help playtesting i'd like to help out. Got way too much spare time on my hands that needs filling so just pm me whenever and i'll see what i can do for you.

yeah and hurry up with that script thing so i get Competition Cake (steam://connect/88.198.48.172:27061) up and running in time :D

would be good if we could play the cake with this script before the tourney starts, to get used to it!

I went camping the 17th through 20th and this week has consequently been very busy at work, so I am running behind. The script is getting close though. It is at the point where I need 3 other people to test, so I will be hitting you guys up as needed. It will be ready by game day, I just need to make sure I get it thoroughly tested so there are no issues. MoP, TravisTheUSSJ, and Darth Nader already helped out quite a bit yesterday. Thanks guys.

lcpuche
23rd July 2008, 15:53
hey you need to test it i can help

Master of Puppets
23rd July 2008, 16:04
Your welcome my love :-*

Phaedrus
23rd July 2008, 19:02
Yeah, thanks to Paegus, Digit*, Master of Puppets, Flow, Zim, Spray, Genre, Zabiela, and Redeemer for all your help so far today. I am pretty confident now that the player cycling is working correctly. The teams switch turns as Hidden correctly and the Hidden team is properly spectating except for the one Hidden. I was also able to pound out several small bugs during the process that I didn't tell you guys about. I know it is a bit boring to wait for me to code while you play, but it really helps me out. There are still a couple bugs that I am aware of and the scoring system needs to be written. I also need to work on making better player instructions to make starting a match easier, but all in all, the script is shaping up nicely. It is one of the most complex I have undertaken.

Genre
23rd July 2008, 19:57
Personally, I found the player prompts were drowned out with the chat and other various messages being pumped out, so if you can find an alternative way to have players select a team that would be great.

I'm not sure if popup menus work in hidden, but that would be a good way to do it. I bet you thought of that already and they don't work so I guess my saying this is useless.

Paegus
23rd July 2008, 20:06
if only AMX style menus worked in source mods eh?

Phaedrus
24th July 2008, 00:12
After much effort, I have set the match schedule. All times are in EST. If you need me to convert the times, please ask. This represents the best possible fit I could make for 20 players on 5 teams. Let me apologize in advance. I know this isn't going to work out so that every player can play every match, but it should allow the most players to show up for the most times. We can use alternates when needed and any friends that may be online at the time. If you know in advance that any of these times absolutely won't work for you, please post which ones so we can assign alternates in advance.

Each team will play 8 matches. Each match is eight rounds. With a maximum round time of 2.5 minutes, each match should take no longer than 20 minutes, once started. Matches will occur every 30 minutes on both servers, which means there will be at least 10 minutes to get the teams ready to play each match. This results in 4 hours of matches per team, but with 5 teams this will be spread across 6 hours. I have split the schedule across both Saturday and Sunday in such a way that 3 teams will play for 2 hours each day, while the other 2 teams will play for 3 hours on one day and 1 hour on the other.

I apologize if this seems confusing. I have attached an excel document which shows the player availability I was able to obtain and the schedule in, perhaps, a more easily understandable form. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions about when you need to show up. I should be around most of the weekend and of course during the actual tournament times. Remember to add me (steam://friend/add/76561197970653931) on steam friends, if you haven't already. I have a ventrilo server available if needed, but since I doubt everyone has ventrilo, I will probably just form a chat room through steam 30 minutes before the first match each day and start inviting everyone.

Rules
To be announced...

Admins:
Phaedrus

Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, TheChrist
Team Phys: Digit*, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Darth Nader
Alternates: Ares

Standings

Team Roar 0 0 0 0 0
Team Phys 0 0 0 0 0
Team Yarr 0 0 0 0 0
Team 10LC 0 0 0 0 0
Team Stab 0 0 0 0 0

Schedule

Team Roar at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:00 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:00 EST N/A
Team Phys at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:30 EST N/A
Team Stab at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 13:30 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:00 EST N/A
Team Roar at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:00 EST N/A
Team Stab at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:30 EST N/A
Team Phys at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:30 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 15:00 EST N/A
Team Stab at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 15:30 EST N/A
Team Phys at Team Stab PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST N/A
Team Roar at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST N/A
Team Stab at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:00 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A
Team Roar at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 13:00 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 13:30 EST N/A

Playoffs
To be determined...

Master of Puppets
24th July 2008, 01:11
I can provide a TS so we have alternative to vent cause i know some ppl prefer ts over vent. I will give details to Phaed tomorrow (actually today :))

Arcos
24th July 2008, 12:37
I just wanted to add, that i wanted to be part of the Tournament.
I added me, name: IA-Division Arcas

TheChrist
24th July 2008, 13:16
How I'd love to partake in this, I'm sorry but I can't.

I'm wont have access to any computer as of Saturday for a week, so I'm unable to attend.

To be fair, I organized this before the Hidden Tournament and didn't realize the dates would clash.

Real sorry, escpecially Roar and iPhys.

Phaedrus
24th July 2008, 23:52
I just wanted to add, that i wanted to be part of the Tournament.
I added me, name: IA-Division Arcas

The teams are full right now, but we will probably need alternates. Where are you located?

How I'd love to partake in this, I'm sorry but I can't.

I'm wont have access to any computer as of Saturday for a week, so I'm unable to attend.

To be fair, I organized this before the Hidden Tournament and didn't realize the dates would clash.

Real sorry, escpecially Roar and iPhys.

That's too bad. I have put Ares on Team Roar to fill in.

The Divine Avenger
25th July 2008, 00:43
Thx Phaed :D Oh and if u need another alternate for one of the euro teams try haywood jablowme

[TSAT]Flow
25th July 2008, 06:23
What the...

Why is everyone leaving our team alone? :eek:
Now i have to make a new tournament-spray for Ares...

Nah, just kiddin! :D
Nice to have you fighting with us against this invisible bastard.

Phaedrus
25th July 2008, 11:37
At 1500+ lines of code, the tournament script is nearly complete. There are a couple rare bugs to work out and a few more features I would like to put in, but it is fully operational. I have worked out a preliminary set of rules which also includes information about the tournament script. Please review them below. Suggestions are most welcome.

Rules
Servers:
EU home matches are to be played on CC (steam://connect/88.198.48.172:27061) (connect).
US home matches are to be played on PNA (steam://connect/216.52.148.45:27015) (connect).

Teams:
Players must have a valid STEAM account which must NOT be banned by VAC2 or either server.
Any player's average ping on either server must NOT exceed 200ms.
Player substitutions can be made any time up until the match begins.

Matches:
Match times are in Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).
The match is forfeited if either team is unable to start within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
Matches should take no longer than 20 minutes to play.
Teams will play each other twice; once on each team's home server.
Match results must be reported to an admin by the winning team.

Settings:
Matches are 8 rounds each.
Round time is 2.5 minutes.
Friendly fire is on.
Pipebombs are limited.
Pigstick is off.
Alltalk is off.
Death notices are off.

Match Script:
Players can join a team by typing !team1 or !team2.
Players can leave a team by typing !spec or by joining the other team.
Players can check team status by typing !teams.
Players can toggle their ready status by typing !ready or !unready.
*Players can toggle automatic screenshots of their kills by typing !sson or !ssoff.
Players can NOT enter the game before the match.
Players can NOT change teams or unready during the match.
Players will automatically rejoin their team when reconnecting during a match.
Player demos will start and stop automatically each round.
The match will start when both teams are full and ready.
*The match will pause up to 60 seconds if a non-spectator is disconnected before the round.
*The match will resume after a server crash if everyone reconnects within 5 minutes.
Teams will alternate turns as IRIS and Hidden.
Players will be spectators when their teammates are the Hidden.
Each round 4 IRIS from one team will play 1 Hidden from the other team.
Each round has a 5 second warmup period where players can NOT move or attack.
Match scoring is done by rounds, then kills, then damage.

Player Conduct:
Insults, offensive language, and racism is NOT permitted in ANY form (name, chat, spray, etc.)
Vent (or any other such confined space) camping is NOT permitted.
Bunny hopping is NOT permitted.
Player misconduct may result in forfeit of rounds and/or the match.

* Not yet implemented

-X-
25th July 2008, 18:07
hey guys i would like to play in the tournament too...what exactly do i have to do? as an alternate or watever if its not too late
Add me as X
I have no clue about the team or anything...

Word.
25th July 2008, 19:01
Sorry havent checked forums lately :D Currently Aphi is on my team but I am not sure she can make it. Even though i hope she can so we can pwn! X can be on my team as a replacement if he is able to make the tourny times. Oh and my team is so winning :D

Digit*
25th July 2008, 21:55
Oh and my team is so winning :D

Glad to see someone's confident of their cause.

And X, maybe next time in the distant or near future it's best to actually read a thread before you post a reply...i hear starting with post number 1 is actually a good thing.

ProgrammedToConsume
25th July 2008, 23:53
Won't be able to make it, family has decided to overbook me, sorry.

TheMorris
26th July 2008, 01:03
Sorry, I also will not be able to make it for the same reason as Xenmas. Apparently taking down this playhouse thing we have in our backyard is more important. Thanks for your time putting me up on the list though. I would be able to make part but not enough to make it worth keeping me on the list. Sorry for putting this up so late, I really am, but I was not aware of this until around 10 minutes ago.

At least I get to demolish something with a sledgehammer, that always seems like fun.

lcpuche
26th July 2008, 01:48
We are not gonna have enought alternates :eek:

Phaedrus
26th July 2008, 03:18
I think I will just go back to 4 teams...update to come.

The Divine Avenger
26th July 2008, 04:41
hey tsat, np, don't wry we'll pwn lol :cool:

Phaedrus
26th July 2008, 07:32
Ok, I have recombined Team 10LC with Team Stab and removed Team Stab matches from the schedule. These time are a bit tentative and we will just have to fit matches in when we can the people together.

Admins:
Phaedrus

Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, Ares - Alts: Arcos
Team Phys: Digit*, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Darth Nader - Alts: Arcos, 3LG

Team Yarr: Wench, Dante, Elbig, Silver Squirrl - Alts: TravisTheUSSJ, Solon
Team 10LC: Word., killahax, lcpuche, Fiskbit - Alts: Genre, -Silєηt-

Standings

Team Roar 2 0 0 10 6 19 6 2799 1510
Team Yarr 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Team 10LC 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Schedule

Team 10LC at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:00 EST N/A
Team Phys at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/26 - 14:30 EST N/A
Team Roar at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:00 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team Phys CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A
Team Roar at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A
Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 13:00 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 13:30 EST N/A

Playoffs
To be determined...

FFAF
26th July 2008, 18:09
Hey guys, sorry my internet collapses every few minutes! The last hour i tried to post here, i have some kind of virus or trojan on my system!

Sorry@ team phys for letting you guys down:(

Darth Nader
26th July 2008, 19:00
dont worry bout it riki.......team phys had the moral victory......:)

Phaedrus
26th July 2008, 19:43
Since we have 4 teams again and scheduling is proving difficult, I am going to convert this back into an elimination style tournament. The two winning teams will face off as well as the two losing teams. The EU teams have just finished their match and now the two US teams will now need to play. The US teams have not had enough players to start a match today, but most of them are supposed to show up tomorrow.

I have updated the first post with the results so far. Check it out below.

Admins:
Phaedrus

Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, Ares - Alts: Arcos
Team Phys: Digit*, CoPraS, Riki-Oh, Darth Nader - Alts: Arcos

Team Yarr: Wench, Dante, Elbig, Silver Squirrl - Alts: TravisTheUSSJ, Solon
Team 10LC: Word., killahax, lcpuche, Fiskbit - Alts: Genre, -Silєηt-

Results
Ares, Flow, MoP, and Zim from Team Roar took on CoPraS, Arcas, Darth Nader, and 3LG from Team Phys in the first round of the tournament. With such experienced players on both sides, it was very close, but Team Roar won both matches 5 rounds to 3 for a combined 10-6 win. The 4-man IRIS teams turned out to be a handful against the even craftiest Hidden tactics. The IRIS teams dispatched the Hidden 14 out of 16 rounds and with only 11 IRIS deaths total.

Standings

Team Yarr 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Team 10LC 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Schedule

Team Yarr at Team 10LC PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:00 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Yarr PNA Stalkyard 07/27 - 12:30 EST N/A

Zabiela
26th July 2008, 19:57
Phead I never signed up, but i'm around today so shoot me a message if you need help with anything.

Phaedrus
27th July 2008, 01:28
The Team Yarr vs Team 10LC match just finished. The results and tomorrow's games have been added to the first post. See you tomorrow...

Results
-Team Roar vs Team Phys-
Ares, Flow, MoP, and Zim from Team Roar took on CoPraS, Arcas, Darth Nader, and 3LG from Team Phys in the first game of the tournament. With such experienced players on both sides, it was very close, but Team Roar won both matches 5 rounds to 3 for a combined 10-6 win. The 4-man IRIS teams turned out to be a handful against the even craftiest Hidden tactics. The IRIS teams dispatched the Hidden 14 out of 16 rounds and with only 11 IRIS deaths total.

-Team 10LC vs Team Yarr-
Elbig, Wench, Zabiela, and Dante from Team Yarr squared off against Team 10LC's Aphidoidea, TheMorris, lcpuche, and Genre in the second game of the tournament. Again, the match was close, with the Hidden players continuing to have trouble against IRIS. The first match ended 4-4 with no Hidden victories. With the rounds tied, the match was decided by kills with Team 10LC winning 11-6. After losing the first round of the second match, Team Yarr won 3 straight rounds to pull ahead 3-1, but Team 10LC tied it up with a last round victory over a short handed Team Yarr as Wench's computer completely shutdown before the round. Again the match was decided by kills, this time going to Team Yarr 9-6. Edging out the victory by total kills (17-15), Team 10LC moves on to face Team Roar in the finals tomorrow and Team Yarr will face Team Phys.

Standings

Team 10LC 1 1 0 8 8 17 15 2519 2208

Schedule

Team Roar at Team 10LC CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST N/A
Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST N/A

Paegus
27th July 2008, 08:21
why is 10lc facing both Roar and then Phys?
what happened to yarr?

TheOtherDante
27th July 2008, 13:09
cause Yarr's Piratey ways distracted us from the goal of victory.

Phaedrus
27th July 2008, 15:04
why is 10lc facing both Roar and then Phys?
what happened to yarr?

Sorry. I was in a hurry to post the results as I was an hour late to meet some friends. I have fixed the posts. Matches to be underway shortly...

-X-
27th July 2008, 16:52
oh man we should have another one soon...it was great

Invader_Zim
27th July 2008, 16:55
Agreed^^

It was great :)

Again: thx phaed :P

3lg
27th July 2008, 17:07
yes phead it was great! even though I just learned about it 30 min before start :P

next time Ill try to get some rounds in from the break before we start ;)

congratz to everyone we had some really nice rounds!!

DO THIS AGAIN OH YES =D

lcpuche
27th July 2008, 17:21
it was very enjoyable :D

Phaedrus
27th July 2008, 17:26
Well, the championship match between Team Roar and Team 10LC just finished and it was very exciting to watch. I wish I had a demo because it was some of the best rounds of Hidden I have seen. I had converted the autodemo to record the whole match instead of each round, but I didn't want to turn it on for the official matches in case it still causes crashes. Oh well. I have added the results to the first post (see below).

Congratulations to Team Roar, our first tournament champions! I would like to send my thanks to Paegus and Wench for donating their servers for the tournament, to all the players who signed up (even if you couldn't make it, but especially if you did), and especially to all of the people who helped me test the tournament script (I know it was probably tedious work). Thanks so much, it was a very fun experience for me and I hope we can do it again before too long.

Admins:
Phaedrus

Team Roar: Master of Puppets, Invader_Zim, [TSAT]Flow, Ares - Alt: Darth Nader
Team Phys: CoPraS, Darth Nader, Arcos, 3LG

Team Yarr: Wench, Dante, Elbig, Zabiela
Team 10LC: lcpuche, Fiskbit, TheMorris, Aphi, Genre, X

Results
-Team Roar vs Team Phys-

-Team 10LC vs Team Yarr-
Elbig, Wench, Zabiela, and Dante from Team Yarr squared off against Team 10LC's Aphidoidea, TheMorris, lcpuche, and Genre in the second game of the tournament. Again, the match was close, with the Hidden players continuing to have trouble against IRIS. The first match ended 4-4 with no Hidden victories. With the rounds tied, the match was decided by kills with Team 10LC winning 11-6. After losing the first round of the second match, Team Yarr won 3 straight rounds to pull ahead 3-1, but Team 10LC tied it up with a last round Hidden victory over a short handed Team Yarr as Wench's computer completely shutdown before the round. Again the match was decided by kills, this time going to Team Yarr 9-6. Edging out the victory by total kills (17-15), Team 10LC moves on to face Team Roar in the finals tomorrow and Team Yarr will face Team Phys.

-Team Roar vs Team 10LC-
Darth Nader turned to the dark side, joining Zim, MoP, and Ares on Team Roar for the championship game against Team 10LC's Aphi, lcpuche, X, and Fiskbit. The first match was played on CC. The match was even early on, but Ares pulled off a Hidden win mid way and Team Roar pulled ahead, but in the last round, X tied it up with a Hidden win of his own. The match went to Team Roar by kills (9-6). The game moved to PNA for the second match and Team Roar jumped to a 2-0 lead as Zim got his third Hidden win of the tournament. Team 10LC played hard with some very close Hidden rounds, but were unable to recover, losing the match on rounds (3-5). Team Roar is the tournament champion, going undefeated in 4 matches, winning 19 rounds with 38 kills and 5551 damage done. Congratulations Team Roar!

Standings

Team Roar 4 0 0 19 13 38 20 5551 3909
Team 10LC 1 3 0 15 17 31 34 4918 4960

Schedule

Team 10LC at Team Roar CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:00 EST 4 - 4
Team Roar at Team 10LC CC Stalkyard 07/27 - 11:30 EST 5 - 3

Master of Puppets
27th July 2008, 18:24
Wohooooo :) Thx to everyone that participated and ofc thanks to Phaed for his awesome tournament script and administration, and to the ppl that provided us with the serves. Looking forward to the next one!

Paegus
27th July 2008, 20:38
I would like to send my thanks to Paegus and Wench for donating their servers for the tournament...

don't forget the chilly. his box, bandwidth & cpu cycles :)

Genre
27th July 2008, 23:46
Ah, I was rooting for my team from work. Glad to see they put up a fight! Congrats to team Roar for their win! 10LC will stomp you in the next tournament ;)

I had fun yesterday, wish I could've made it today. Thanks for the awsome gaming guys.

The Divine Avenger
28th July 2008, 00:36
Hey Genre, that's a load of crap, we'll beat ur team anyday lol. thx to phaed for the awesome tournament, can't wait to play another one, it was great fun :D
Team Roar Owns, lol:D

Sithun
28th July 2008, 05:12
Idea: Why not have another tournament in 6 months or so?

Zabiela
28th July 2008, 06:54
I got away with using my perfomance-enhancing drugs. :D

MrBone
30th July 2008, 01:25
From a tiny island just off the coast of Norway, a great Roar! was heard.

Well done guys, I knew you could do it!

FFAF
2nd August 2008, 16:30
damn and i missed all the action :( (i want another tourney in 4 weeks :)) The support discovered that my harddrive overheated, it took critical damage! i had to bought a new harddrive and reinstalled everything! And i can finally play hidden again(i bet i am a noob now:D)