PDA

View Full Version : A few Great Map Ideas!

cjdelta04
11th May 2008, 19:40
Hey Everyone,
I just thought I would throw out a few map ideas for thought. I was thinkin that something like an old School would be kinda cool lots of halls and some small rooms but not too many places for the IRIS to camp at. And also something like construction site for a large building- Make it a night map with a few construction lights on (some spotlights) and lots of I-beams that have plywood over them like smaller platforms or something. Add a couple of construction props to top it all off eh? I think it would be kool!

Paegus
11th May 2008, 22:29
the main problem with those is map optimization. long (school halls) or wide open (hollow building sites) spaces are not health for the game engines.

not that it wouldn't be damn cool to get a good gloomy abandoned construction site. school are generally quite boring though unless you go all old-school and use some relatively ancient buildings or your standard silent-hill-esk town hospital or whatnot.

Demented
11th May 2008, 22:50
Schools would be difficult. Most such buildings are not entertaining to be in, especially for most game types. (Aside from Hide&Seek, which Hidden is not.)

A construction lot would be nice, though.

cjdelta04
11th May 2008, 22:51
Ya i just thought that something new or completely redesigned would be very cool. Thanks anyways though for the reply. What about an abandoned warehouse?

Sithun
13th May 2008, 12:27
Its been done. Sorry kid.

lcpuche
13th May 2008, 19:10
What about an abandoned warehouse?

i thought that was a great idea but i realized there are about 30 abandoned warehouses already.

Demented
13th May 2008, 23:46
To be fair, most of them aren't that abandoned-looking.

MrBone
14th May 2008, 08:42
I'm thinking about making a subway station map. 2 separate platforms, crashed trains, a walkway/bridge above the tracks, personell restroom, toilets and a blocked elevator.

Now I just have to learn how to model, skin, light, optimize, etc....