PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

-SM-SUCKER
16th April 2008, 12:14
What do you prefer?

Cheesey
16th April 2008, 13:06
It depends on the map. On dark maps, I like to use the goggles, they are useful... sometimes ;)

Often I just take the LAM, especially on wide maps, for far aiming (i dont like to play in the zoom...). I also like to turn the LAM OFF (;)), cause sometimes you can surpirse 617.... ;)

Sometimes I feel like I wanna use adrenaline, also depends on the map...

I don't use flashlight and sonics (especially sonics)....

Master of Puppets
16th April 2008, 13:25
Yes the same... depends on the map. But most of the time i take LAM. On decay i take flashlight. I never rly tryed googles. Must try them out also :)

TheOtherDante
16th April 2008, 14:00
its not that i perfer the LAM its just that none of the other equipment seems to be any good.

Flashlight: eh...l rather just turn up the brightness, the only real map its good for is Decay

LAG's: one meme answers this "THE GOOOGLES THEY DO NOTING"

Adrenaline: so i get to go fast for 5 secs but i cant see where im going {sarcasm} Woooo Hooo! {/sarcasm} (actually this and a 303 is pretty deadly on some maps)

LAM: "A Green Dot" that is all

Sonic Alarms: more like Sonic un Alarm or Sonic Late Alarm, amiright or amiright. the only thig these seem to be good for is making an annoying beeping sound thats worst than a naggy girlfriend (other than the ladder exploit)

Paegus
16th April 2008, 14:03
usually flashlight. sometimes adrenaline.

MrBone
16th April 2008, 14:09
Sonic Alarms: more like Sonic un Alarm or Sonic Late Alarm, amiright or amiright. the only thig these seem to be good for is making an annoying beeping sound thats worst than a naggy girlfriend (other than the ladder exploit)

I've found a new and improved use for them. Plant them right next to campers so it constantly goes off. Pretty fun, I've even had campers thank me for it :P

Oh and I usually pick LAM.

Radio Controlled
16th April 2008, 14:15

i would rename sonic trapalarm to kreedz climbers friend !

the only thing STA is good for is to climb into bad camping places (like in highrise behind the fencedoor)

-SM-SUCKER
16th April 2008, 14:29
Adrenalin. The blurr is bad, but I don't use my eyes that much once I spotted the Hidden. Knowing is far more precise :)
Adrenaline is good to back up in tight corridors where the Hidden should he follow you doesn't have much space to maneuver. Running backwards and shooting everywhere a bit is a tactic most average Hiddens wont survive. And even some experienced ones that are eager to kill you may die as well. And if you face a good Hidden who manages to get behind you, you just have to turn around and start running in the other direction.

I only use the Flashlight for Decay and sometimes Origin to light up the dark areas.

The LAM becomes pretty much useless once you learn how to aim without it. Ok, truth is I would have less tk if I used it, but I can live ( :) ) with that.

Goggles are useless due to the noise, but sometimes they just feel good :)

And the Sonic alarms are only good if you want to have fun with another playfull Hidden, climbing on top of them in some ridiculous places :)
But if I am Hidden I love to see players plant them. Slashing them right after they placed them is always funny. Or place some obstacle in front of it.
Or just pass them without tripping them and then start moving stuff around, letting those "I'm safe, I placed alarms" guys know that they are not as safe as they would like to be.

TheOtherDante
16th April 2008, 15:06
i love it in alltalk servers after they place all thier alrams in a corrido or doorway i smash em and block em and ask them how safe do you feel now. :D

im more of the type that tries to spend more time scaring the newer to average players than killing them. (i have a problem i know)

(oh and i believe you wont be able to climb on the alrams in B5, and i think the flashlight may become more useful in B5 if we are truely using the new source engine due to dynamic lighting, in other words the hidden may stick out even more infront of it)

Cheesey
16th April 2008, 16:12
I love the sonics, cause as hidden you can have sooooo much fun with them. Especially, when there are 6 players on hdn_sewers, everybody with 3 sonics planting them around the spawn-room, and hiding in it. :D! It is sooooooo great to jump in, each and every sonic is beeping, every IRIS is shooting and 617 is laughing :D

I also like IRIS who are planting, cause you can kill them, take the left sonics, drop it into another IRIS' face and get him scared, cause he doesn't have his weapon anymore in his hands :D

Kreedz Climbing wont happen in B5 anymore.... thank you :)

CrazzyAzn
20th April 2008, 06:19
Well, first of all I would like to introduce myself. Hello names CrazzyAzn :).

Now, I voted and choose the flashlight mostly and sometimes, depending on the map, adrenaline shot. I've noticed many people use the LAM and here's my reason why I don't use it. I don't use the LAM since it's of no use I can aim fine and it shows your position if the 617 didn't catch you on his aura vision. The rest seem reasonable to use.

Maniacal
20th April 2008, 07:07
LAM, I'd rather not go completely cross-hairless with limited ammo and an invisible enemy. But I do use sonic alarms sometimes, and the LAG on that really dark map in the mansion (decay?).

Cheesey
20th April 2008, 12:27
I don't use the LAM since it's of no use I can aim fine and it shows your position if the 617 didn't catch you on his aura vision. The rest seem reasonable to use.

Sometimes you can play tricks on 617 with the lam. Especially when you're the last IRIS on the map, and he sees, you are using the LAM. Then turn it off when you are going through narrow ways. I often find a surprised 617 who waited for the green dot :D

edit°
20th April 2008, 15:11
I always used to pick flashlight. I could never get to grips with the improved blur on andrenaline or I would probably have used that.

Phaedrus
20th April 2008, 19:03
LAM or LAG, depending on the map.

Genre
20th April 2008, 20:35
On maps with lots of shadows, or just dark in general, I pick flashlight. Otherwise it's all adrenaline.

Aaron Thy Baron
21st April 2008, 01:04
I prefer LAM, my aim sucks without it.

I dont mean to go off topic but I would find the LAM to be a little more revealing of the IRIS if it showed some sort of beam.

jeebo
21st April 2008, 05:05
QUOTE:

"...I would find the LAM to be a little more revealing of the IRIS if it showed some sort of beam."

Yeah, but it's been said many times that the Hidden doesn't need, not will it receive, more advantages. I think the LAM is great as is for knowing an IRIS is down a particular hall, around a corner, or at the very least, within sight. A quick aura check (which I am guilty of not using enough ;-D) should usually narrow that down, especially if the IRIS player is lying in wait for you to come closer...

I've only occasionally used the laser aim for the 303, but I hate it overall for the same reason as most - it gives you away. I don't need to give the fast-moving, nearly-invisible dude another hint that I see him, or where I am before I do ;-D

I'm support with the automatic, heavier pistol, and the adrenaline 99% of the time.

By the way, Aaron, I always enjoy playin with ya, though, my man.

On a slight tangent, I do hate when folks HAVE the LAM and still can't avoid shooting teammates. >-(

Dagda
23rd April 2008, 11:27
Adrenaline. Most Hidden can be lured.

Pipsicles
23rd April 2008, 19:49
LAM, with my fn3000 (or whatever the rifle is called) because deep down... Im a CS:S player, and I prefer to just shoot the hidden cos I have a pretty good knack for seeing him.

I also like IRIS who are planting, cause you can kill them, take the left sonics, drop it into another IRIS' face and get him scared, cause he doesn't have his weapon anymore in his hands :D

Regarding this: ^ .... phenomenon as it may be called, will this still be in B5? because its a GREAT way to rack up kills, or just take out someone like Prince, when you just know he's gonna kill you otherwise.